I need a MENTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

demoninside

In the zone
@pallavnawani,

i whould hv to say this is a good planning to make it just in time,but chiper it all depends on ur programming exp......

OP
C

Cipher

Broken In
Thanks Pallav ... your suggestion were great ...actually i am not doing this project alone but we are a team of three members ... so the workforce is enough i guess and i have say complete one month after my exams to submit the project ...will this time be enough ??

The coding portion... we are quite confident about it...actually our project guide is also a genius person but ... we are having some problem regarding the design as i said earlier...

the problem areas are maily the design which is solved upto a great extent by support of ruchir i must say (Thanks ruchir) the another area of problem is HTTP reference ... i need that book badly guys please search and send that to me ....

ill have a talk with my teammates and guides regarding your suggestion pallav

Thanks again .... keep writing in

demoninside

In the zone
Hey cipher,
hw come u know my name(*Ruchir),

any way means u hv time, nd u`ll be doing it after ur exams,

then guys let me hv some time coz i need to summit my two projects before 25th,
so after that we`ll check out ur project..........

nd yes i`ll mail u that book but u hv to wait till 25th pls..

pallavnawani

Broken In
Cipher said:
Thanks Pallav ... your suggestion were great ...actually i am not doing this project alone but we are a team of three members ... so the workforce is enough i guess and i have say complete one month after my exams to submit the project ...will this time be enough ??
Thanks again .... keep writing in

Just one month? :shock:
No, this is not enough. You certainly need to scale down your project, and you will need some drastic cuts. Since you are 3 people, you will also need to coordinate between yourselves. You will need to decide who does what, and later, you have to collect the pieces of code written by you in a full program. So that requires some time.

The basic data structures of the program will have to be written by one person. During that time, others will not be able to do anything since their code will also use the basic structures. They will just sit around waiting for that to be done.
The time you have is very, very short.

@demoninside:
Look at your signature and see how he knows your name. Btw, I am also from Dehradun.

Pallav

demoninside

In the zone
OOP`s i never noticed that i m having my name on signature(* hell i hate this habit of writing my name every where "ok one fun fact----I was writing my friends love letter *u can call it first love letter or purposal letter* nd i write it the best way i could nd in last i write down my name rather then his & even he didn`t checked it & send it,,,,, her reply was in Yes nd my friend was way too happy,,,, then he went to her & asked for date ?she said no ?? then he asked that if she hv accepted his purposal then why not,, nd th reply was
fool when u hv purposed me & when i hv accepted, my friend was in deep trouble, he simpaly asked that he sended one letter nd she said that she didn't recived any letter from him, but yes she hv recipt one letter from *ruchir* nd that was it, he came back to me nd started fighting with me
said hey man if u liked her why didn`t u told me this & that--- at last i said hey i wrote a letter for u & done all the things for u then ever u r fighting, he told me the things happend there then i thought about it,

nd went stright to her & asked when hv i sended u letter, she give me the letter, I said it's my friends letter, then she showed me my name on it & said she said yes due to me---- man i was FU*Ked,
but then any hw i told her that it wasn`t me it was my friend but still the answer is no to him & yes to me

any way pallav i guess u haven`t noticed that these guys r room mates..,
& 3 persons if working then it is very great coz i m also in group but nobuddy working other then me

so it`s like i m working for 8 people..,
but if they plan it good i guess one month is far more then good for student level project.

OP
C

Cipher

Broken In
That was really cool ruchir.. it happens sometimes.

@pallav
i saw your profile ... seems quite interesting .. seems youve got a good programming experience...can you help me by sending me a detailed design ( i mean the data flow of the project) ... i know that the size is too big but i believe we can meet the deadline .... i was creating GUI in glade and didnt find it difficult...why you were saying its time consuming...we have X windows programming in our labs this semester but we are using Xlib and motif ... i find glade is easier to use and create front ends ...what u think...thanks for your support ..

by the way are you CEO if this ironcode ? just asking

pallavnawani

Broken In
Cipher said:
That was really cool ruchir.. it happens sometimes.

@pallav
i saw your profile ... seems quite interesting .. seems youve got a good programming experience...can you help me by sending me a detailed design ( i mean the data flow of the project) ... i know that the size is too big but i believe we can meet the deadline .... i was creating GUI in glade and didnt find it difficult...why you were saying its time consuming...we have X windows programming in our labs this semester but we are using Xlib and motif ... i find glade is easier to use and create front ends ...what u think...thanks for your support ..

by the way are you CEO if this ironcode ? just asking

Its your project, so doing it yourself would be a good learning experience. In any case, you have a Guide, so use his help instead. I can give you advice, but I am not doing your work for you!

Creating the GUI in glade is not time consuming of course. That's why I recommended it in the first place. The time consuming part comes later, when you have to hook up callbacks to GUI events. It is not hard, just long and tedious. And I personally find it very boring :)

Of course, using Gtk and Glade is much much easier as compared to straight away using Xlib.

Yes, I am CEO of IronCode, but when you run a two man company, you can pick up any title you like ;)

Pallav

demoninside

In the zone
Hey Chiper couldn`t be online due this (DataOne)

any way where r u now as I m done with my project ,
so can help u know so just tell me where to start..........

OP
C

Cipher

Broken In
Hey guys..i am royally screwed....all of a sudden the management and the administration has decided that we will not be given the full one month for the submission of the project...and ill have to submit that on 10 june...my exams will be over bt 2 june and pracs will be over by 7 june...i have to give a presentation also on 9 june....
i m screwed badly man...
what project you were workin on man ??
mail me the details
i saw a software similar to my project in the PCQlinux 2005... i guess the name was webdownloadmanager
why dont u mail me ruchir..i guess we need to talk
only you can help me out..
i guess ill have to back off with the initial plan
don kow what to do
HELP!!!!

pallavnawani

Broken In
Cipher said:
Hey guys..i am royally screwed....all of a sudden the management and the administration has decided that we will not be given the full one month for the submission of the project...and ill have to submit that on 10 june...my exams will be over bt 2 june and pracs will be over by 7 june...i have to give a presentation also on 9 june....
don kow what to do
HELP!!!!

It is still May 10 today. Suggest you make a frontend to wget (And if you are not sure how to do that, just take gwget source code and look there). School management dosen't seem to care about your projects anyway...
What about your project printouts? You will have to do a writeup on your project as well, right?

Pallav

OP
C

Cipher

Broken In
pallav have you seen a downloadmanager GUI based included in the PCQLinux 2005 distro ??..that was having all features we needed...can you gimme the link so that i can download the source and have a look on that...
just asking

will that help ?

pallavnawani

Broken In
This is what was in pcquest CD:
*www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo/index.php3

This is what I was talking about (Gwget):
*gwget.sourceforge.net/

I just found a free open source download managet for windows:
*francis.dupont.free.fr/truedownloader/

Http fetcher is a library that can be used in your program:
*http-fetcher.sourceforge.net/