I need a keyboard and only a keyboard!

D

Deleted member 26636

Please suggest a USB keyboard within Rs.600/-. That's the most I can spend.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Amazon.in: Buy Logitech K120 Wired Keyboard (Black) Online at Low Prices in India | Logitech Reviews & Ratings

for Rs 426

Amazon.in: Buy Dell USB 104 KB212 B Quiet Key Wired Keyboard Online at Low Prices in India | Dell Reviews & Ratings

for Rs 400

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Bought Dell KB212 Wired USB Keyboard - Dell: Flipkart.com just 2 days back.

Won't recommend Logitech at all. My last combo was from Logitech. Mouse went kaput after 2 year and keyboard after 3 years. Before that my previous combo was from MS and it was better than Logitech I'd say. Though I didn't heard any bad reviews about Logitech yet, even max peoples recommend it for KB + Mouse. May be 2-3 years is what they lasts :p

Anyway, now I'm happy with Dell KB + Mouse. Hope it lasts atleast 5 years :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ even Dell will go kaput in ~3 years. Membrane keyboards aren't meant to last! The mechanical ones are.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Bought Dell KB212 Wired USB Keyboard - Dell: Flipkart.com just 2 days back.

Won't recommend Logitech at all. My last combo was from Logitech. Mouse went kaput after 2 year and keyboard after 3 years. Before that my previous combo was from MS and it was better than Logitech I'd say. Though I didn't heard any bad reviews about Logitech yet, even max peoples recommend it for KB + Mouse. May be 2-3 years is what they lasts :p

Anyway, now I'm happy with Dell KB + Mouse. Hope it lasts atleast 5 years :p

well my Logitech mouse lasted for 4-5 years then I broke the wire or else it'd have lasted more.

ravi847

Journeyman
Check out this flashy kb :-D
m.snapdeal.com/product/envent-alpha-glide-wired-keyboard/1082391666

haven't used or anything so can't vouch for it

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Thanks for the suggestions but can I get anything with multimedia keys?- At least play/ pause and volume buttons. I need those frequently.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I meant about Logitech only. May be I had bad luck or something they went kaput withing few years.

My previous combo from MS is running fine, it's been 7 years now..!!

i wrongly quoted post #7 instead of #4!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestions but can I get anything with multimedia keys?- At least play/ pause and volume buttons. I need those frequently.

the logitech mk200(comes with both k/b and mouse) offers multimedia keys,i guess.

I used an Artis multimedia PS2 keyboard at home for nearly 13 years until it conked today morning! :wah: Keys are still good and worked perfectly without any issues. Now the PC doesn't detect it any more.

I used to work in a transcription company once so our office keyboards used to see pretty high (ab)use 24/7. I remember using various keyboards throughout my office life. The Logitech ones didn't even last 3 months before it started giving problems. Keys became so hard that it would take double the effort to press them and I remember one guy literally punching it :punch: with his fist once out of frustration. They didn't buy Logitech again. My wife also used to own a Logitech keyboard for home use and typing on it wasn't a pleasure either. It is still working though. So I'm not a fan of Logitech. Dell keyboards have been good and had lasted a couple of years in office until the time I quit. I don't see that design online. It probably was discontinued or was OEM only version. I guess I'll buy a Dell one too.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i am using a Samsung Pleomax ps2 keyboard and mouse (some 350 for both) for over 2 years without any problem. both gather dust and still work. most probably when i build next rig, i will buy the same.

Top Bottom