Status
Not open for further replies.

gauthamgovindan

Right off the assembly line
I installed Longhorn trans pack 10.0and i removed it bcoz it was slowing my PC. But it got deleted with all the original Windows themes. I'm stuck with classic. What should i do???????????????????????????????????????? :( :?:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Copy this folder ...
"C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes"
from any of your friend's comp ...

Actually .. if you copy only "Luna.theme" and "Luna" subfolder .. it would do.
It'll bring back the xp default theme.

-----
alibi

anandk

Distinguished Member
uninstalling LTP would not have removed ALL ur original themes ! maybe, some other software like some pc cleaner did it. anyway just have a look in this folder and let us know what is in it :
C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes
if there is nothing in i, then as mentioned above, u will have to copy ur friends theme folder into ur pc.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Or may be the Themes service has been disabled!

Right-click on My Computer icon and select Manage and goto: Services & Applications -> Services and make sure that Themes service is running, if not then change it to Automatic and start it again :D

swatkat

Technomancer
To recover the default XP theme (also called as Luna theme), the following solutions can be used:-

1 Start the Themes Service: Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and press Enter key to open the Services window. Here, navigate to Themes service, and right-click on it and select Properties, and make sure that the Start Up type is set to Automatic. And if the service is stopped, click the Start button to start it.

2 Locate the Luna.theme file manually: Right click on the desktop and choose Properties. On the Themes tab, choose the Browse... option. Next browse and locate the file C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme and apply this as theme.

3 Luna.theme file not present: If Luna.theme file itself is not present, then it has to be restored back. Download this Zip file from Kelly’s Korner, and then extract the contents of this file to C:\Windows directory. Then, apply this theme as given in previous step.

4 Registry fix: If the above steps do not solve the problem, then there is a chance of changes in the default Registry values related to Themes. Download this Registry fix from Kelly’s Korner, and merge it with the Registry. Restart the computer to make the changes to take effect.

praka123

left this forum longback
I also had the same problem with uninstall Longhorn trans pack me ends up in reinstall....no restore point also i had that time...

varungupta17

Broken In
REPAIRING UR COMPUTER FROM INSTALLATION CD WILL YIELD NO RESULTS !!!

I TOO HAD FACED SIMILAR PROBLEM..

INSERT INSTALLATION CD AND GO TO 1386 FOLDER..

SEARCH FOR FILES WITH *.THEME AND *.MANIFIEST. EXPAND THEM TO "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes" FOLDER USING DOS PROMPT COMMAND "EXPAND". FOR HELP TYPE "EXPAND /?" AT DOS-PROMPT. IF UR UNABLE TO DO IT, THEN POST IT HERE, I SHALL GIVE U STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL !!!

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
You could have chosen the option do not delete themes or keep the themes.I did that and have even the longhorm themes now after I removed it 2 weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom