I guess my browser hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

Since last few days I am not able to surf properly.
I think my browser has been hijacked.

I dont think I am redirected, because adress bar shows correct address. Some DNS problem is suspected. This problem is happening with all 4 of browsers. I am using chrome, internet explorer 6, opera 9.63 and firefox 3.
Even gtalk is not able to communicate with server.

I have windows xp-sp2 on pIII 1.13 GHz with avast 4.8 and comodo firewall.

Everytime I try to visit sites I am being displayed some other search page e.g.
visiting mail.yahoo.com displays a 404 page from hostgator.com
visiting bel-india.com displays some search page (searchportal.information.com)

I am very frustrated with this.
Please help guys.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
do a hijackthis scan and post the result. B/W, do u have antivirus solution in ur pc? Which are the s/w do u use for online protection?

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
@lalit_nagalkar
If ur having DNS Problems - try using OpenDNS
If it doesn't works, then Probably it's ur systems' fault - might be coz of a Malware or Virus.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I faced the same problem when I installed the megaupload toolbar.If you have it uninstall it. If you have got any toolbars installed uninstall it.

Next scan your PC with an Antivirus, or MalwareBytes' Antimalware and Trojan Remover.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Had this error when i was very n00b. When i type www.google.com it will be redirectd to some adult content website. The irony is, my father took the computer to check his mails. But the website was redirected to some other "A" Content webpage. My mother saw it and almost Pwned my father. But stopped when i explained her the actual situation.

If we come to the topic, I'll suggest you to do a system restore. If you haven't installed anything new in your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom