I got celeron D 320 instead of P4 from LG,which one is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Today i got processor and motherboard replacement from LG my pc after 40 days of fight and consumer court warnings.

old configuration was.....

*i18.tinypic.com/4zmnyo5.png

*i19.tinypic.com/4m7de94.png

current processor and mobo

*i6.tinypic.com/5x3m7o7.png

*i16.tinypic.com/6ew46qh.png

Mother board is as it is ,but they changed processor .

which one is better ? should i ask for p4 again ?

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Re: I got celeron D instead of P4 from LG,which one is better ?

Certainlly... in fact ask them to explain 1st why they wanted to cheat u, ask them by email of such and ask them to explain in writting .. this is Cheating... Against the law...

P4 is better any day...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Um, the new processor is definitely slow, your earlier pentium had 4 times more L2 than this. I don't think that the Celeron being dual core offers much higher performance ..

Still, you better wait for some other user to answer, based on his/her experiences with it.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
@Choto Cheeta ...thanks

after 40 days of fight [ 5 days ago i sent them consumer court notification] yesterday they came and replaced with celeron D without my presence,later on i checked configuration i found it as celeron D.

is it celeron dual core ? is it new one ? is thr much difference ?

pls give me details..this time surely i will file case in consumer court

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
is it celeron dual core ? is it new one ? is thr much difference ?

Let compare the Processors.

both are 478 socket, both are Single core processors.... both runs are same FSB with same multiple but one in Pentium and comes with 1 MB L2 where as Celeron D comes with 256 KB of it...

Lets compare ur self, think a Pentium D 820 @ 2.8 GHz GHz and comare that with Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz one like may be E6850, both runs at same Speed and both are LGA775 socket and both are Dual Core processors...

but will any one except Pentium D 820 instade of his Core 2 Duo as replacement ??

as Simple as that....

pls give me details..this time surely i will file case in consumer court

Do every comunication with LG in wrien format, Email will be Fine, but make sure you are sending emails to LG domain not to any free yahoo.co.in type addresses...

as in court, u will need to have writen proof (email will be fine) to back ur every word... :D

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
@Choto Cheeta....... very thank ful to you,as i got expert opinion.

now i m very much sure they cheated me,filing case soon, before filing case consumer court told me i should inform lg about my case by prior notice of 7-10 day by register post ie RPAD
so i will send one more notice for wrongful correction.

I have kept every communication record ie emails...10-12 emails i have till date.
Every mail i have sent to incharge of lg india,lg maharashtra,lg pune since first day,so i have good case tracking record.

sending domains are as follows...[ thanks for this kind of information I was unaware of this one,i checked domains after reading u r reply and they are as follows]

@lgindia.com,
@lgezbuy.com,
@lgindia.com

will post result of this case in future .

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
before filing case consumer court told me i should inform lg about my case by prior notice of 7-10 day by register post ie RPAD

Law says, Opposite Pary needs to be dully informed in proper writen comunication about ur Intention, so email is fine, no need for post unless emails are bouncing back...

Law said, Pititionar tried every possible way to inform the OP about the situation and given enough time (times means 15 days in tele comunication, and could be 12 hours in Medical sector...) to solve the issue....

so in ur case, u have to 1st ask for explanation to LG that why did they cheated you by giving Celeron D instade of Pentium 4.... !!!!

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
Can any one tell me the procedure to file a case in consumer court ? where

r they located ?

@chota cheeta U have good knowledge of filing a case whats the source ?

had u filed a case sometime in past or what ? :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Threaten them with consumer court warning and then ask for core 2 duo.from them.If they tried to give you celeron proc. fir your p4 then you can surely ask for c2d.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
saurabh kakkar said:
Can any one tell me the procedure to file a case in consumer court .? where

r they located ?

@chota cheeta U have good knowledge of filing a case whats the source ?

had u filed a case sometime in past or what ? :)

Filing a Complaint?

*citizencentre.virtualpune.com/html/consumer_forum.shtml
*citizencentre.virtualpune.com/html/consumer_complaint.shtml

--------------------------------Toll-free number
National consumer helpline number .....(1600 - 114000)

pune adress......

Address of District Forum:
Pushpa Heights,
Pune Satara Highway,
Bibvewadi corner,
Pune

Tel.: +91-20-24210364
Timings: 10:30 am - 05:30 pm

Today visited this place again..but they told me email is not valid proof ? it made me upset .consumer court official person told me what i need is only purchasing proof and warranty card.

As he told me email is not valid proof so suggested me notice by register post.and when i told him about emails proofs he told me email is not valid evidence ?if email is not valid proof then how i am going to prove since 40 days i m suffering from poor services?

and one more thing my 3 yr warranty is going to end on 5 dec 2007.so for case purpose should i extend it by paying 2500 / yr . OR no need to extend warranty as i faced problem within warranty period ?

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
No dude don't extend it.Anyways 2500 is too high for that.You will get the replacement as you faced the problem within warranty period.

And dude December is still a few months away.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
i got following +ve reply from Lg india,

Dear Sir,
We are arranging Intel P4 2.4 GHz. very soon & replace with same by the time your work will be not held just because of this .
we are putting this celeron processor,
sorry for the inconvinance .

will inform updates in future......

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Finally i got p4 today instead of P D,early morning LG customer care called me to inform that they will replace it today as they got p4 from noida.

consumer court notification helped me this way finally.

Thanks for replies here...

specially Thanks @choto cheeta

*i7.tinypic.com/4kwlmqw.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom