I don't read DIGIT anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maneel

Broken In
I am posting this here because I don't have enough permissions to post in the feedback forum.

Well, I've stopped reading Digit because:

1) It reaches the news-stand 2-3 days after all other magazines arrive.
2) The DIGIT team is painfully ancient & orthodox in their approach to technology.
3) The writing style is ordinary, which is one of the major factor, you guys produce a boring magazine. Things have changed for the worse ever since Mr Sachin Kalbag, your ex-editor left Digit. Now, I think that I didn't ever like DIGIT, I only liked Mr Sachin's magazine.
4) No matter how many suggestions readers send, they don't want them published in your magazine, but at least take some action. You guys are arrogant & adamant to only publish content (read: what technology you think users should know about, not what they want) you think is correct.
5) Why didn't I subscribe & went to the news stands each month ?
a) After reading horrible stories on this forum about DIGIT reaching to people on the 28th of the months, I was not sure if I even wanted to buy DIGIT.
b) You're the only tech magazine that gives out Swiss Knives with magazine subscriptions, have you heard about something like Pen Drives & stuff ?

Well, so that's the end of my La Affaire De Digit!

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
pc world and chip reaches on the stands on the 1st of evry month but digit reaches on the 4th or 5th and the special issues reaches on the 8th or 9th.

else evrything is ok.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
yeah, digit just needs to sort out the deadline issues and also courier delivery and they would be ok. Content is ok, I guess. I don't even read the mag. Just the software on the Discs.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I get digit on newstand on first of every month.To be precise i got only 2 issues late that too coz of rain.I find the language very convenient for both expert & a newbie.Till now i haven't received any damaged disc.I am happy with DIGIT .

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Maneel said:
4) No matter how many suggestions readers send, they don't want them published in your magazine, but at least take some action. You guys are arrogant & adamant to only publish content (read: what technology you think users should know about, not what they want) you think is correct.

nothing new, thats the case with all/most of d magazine.
Maneel said:
a) After reading horrible stories on this forum about DIGIT reaching to people on the 28th of the months, I was not sure if I even wanted to buy DIGIT.
?

issue about reaching mag was only for few ppl, probably.

utsav

damn busy...
^^dude i stay in jhansi (uttar-pradesh.)
by train u can come here in less than 18 hours then why the issues reach so late.

Maneel said:
No matter how many suggestions readers send, they don't want them published in your magazine, but at least take some action. You guys are arrogant & adamant to only publish content (read: what technology you think users should know about, not what they want) you think is correct.

There should be any blog or website to display suggestions and its answer should be posted regularly by digitians......Wot do u guys say ???

vish786

"The Gentleman"
utsav said:
^^dude i stay in jhansi (uttar-pradesh.)
by train u can come here in less than 18 hours then why the issues reach so late.

LOL, do u expect the digit people directly to come and give the post personally.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
the biggest drawback of subscribing to digit is that u don't get jewel cases for ur dvds then :(

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Maneel said:
3) The writing style is ordinary, which is one of the major factor,

What style do u want? The one u get on most of the blogs etc with no manner or proper tone, full of slang language?
b) You're the only tech magazine that gives out Swiss Knives with magazine subscriptions, have you heard about something like Pen Drives & stuff ?

Is tech life all u got? Real life is better & Swiss Knives are helpful in real life

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^and in their defence, they did give out pen drives for a while. you can't expect them to keep giving out the same stuff. if they do, we'll start cribbing their offers have no variety

utsav

damn busy...
vish786 said:
LOL, do u expect the digit people directly to come and give the post personally.
i dont mean that:razz: .i wanna say that they should send the issues a little before so that we get them on stands in time.;)

cyberzook

Journeyman
I subscribed digit from Sep 2003 till dec 2006.
I have not renewed the subscription. I felt their issues are inconsistant, some were pretty good some were below ordinary.
for some of the issues the CD/DVD content also is not interesting.
I used to get the mag around 8 - 13 th of the month.:(
I bought the june 07 issue from newsstand & found it good.
Its better to buy the 3/4 good issues/year from news stands than subscribing.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Nimish , Robert and the gang are really batteling it out there with the likes of Marco Dsoza etc,and now that Sachin Kalbag has left its only going to make things more difficult.
Then the paper quality that Digit is giving out is really , some thing from the most recycled stuff.
Still i think Digit will pull it through.They seriously need to recruit more talent.
Man it must be so difficult to be in Nimishes or Roberts shoes.
Think we can give them some hand.

go4saket

Against...
I suscribed Digit for a yar and said bye to it after that. I used to get my copies not before 15 of any month and some times even after 25th. Despite of regular complains, nothing done...

Favor...
Never were the DVD's or CD's defective except ones and that was replaced.

Against...
Basic and most important, contents of Digit is BAD. Even after regular requests of so many users, they only keep their focous towards Hardware and Software review was always ignored. This clearly shows that Digit has a high influence of Hardware companies on its contents., and if this is so, how can we trust correctness of its hardware reviews also...

Switched to PC World and am Happy with it till now...

utsav

damn busy...
pc world is not value for money but u will get the latest tech info before any other mag

OP
M

Maneel

Broken In
The very fact that no one from the Digit team has the courtesy to reply to this thread shows how serious they're towards their customers!

aakash_mishra said:
There should be any blog or website to display suggestions and its answer should be posted regularly by digitians......Wot do u guys say ???

1) I don't need attention. I don't want them to print or display my suggestions. I just want them to look at mine & other's suggestions carefully & keep them in mind when they create content.

2)
Even PC World reaches on the second (subscription one), the PC World guys don't come personally to deliver it, but it still comes!

3)
What style do u want? The one u get on most of the blogs etc with no manner or proper tone, full of slang language?
We're talking of a magazine not a blog. And it's not my mistake if you visit weird blogs.

4)
Is tech life all u got? Real life is better & Swiss Knives are helpful in real life
Real life is better ? And technology isn't real ? It's only in your dreams, right ? Then stop switching on your PC all together, real life is better, isn't it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom