I don't know my Acer Laptop's Phoenix BIOS Password, teach me how to solve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyips339

Right off the assembly line
Dear Friends,

i live in G'nagar, Guj.
I bought Acer 51010anwlmi, laptop from A'bad.

I don't know its Phoenix bios password,, but its working smooth, I tried to find some softwares to crack it, but their dos instruction are impossible 4 me 2 understand. I don't have the time to go to its Engineer in A'bad, plz. tell me some software technique to solve this problem. I contacted my dealer he said there is no password given,still i took my laptop there, he tried to do trial error no help. The Acer care is almost 40 kms away from here, plz. help me do it offline by some crack software with no difficult dos commands etc.

Thanking you in anticipation

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Most of the popular brands have back door BIOS passwords. Unfortunatly Acer's backdoor BIOS password is not available in public.
Download Cmos password recovery tools and check whether it helps you in recovering the password.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
you could always pull apart your laptop and remove the jumper to clear the BIOS password.

OP
B

Billyips339

sauravktr said:
Do u really try it urself or just guess???? be sure to told so...

well, I m scarred since some forum says it'd mess up. but still if anyone has done it successfully by himself, then i'd try.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
***sauravktr ***
I have never had problems with BIOS password, but I do frequently play with my BIOS and Yes I have used to jumpers reset everything back now and again... I did do some research on clearing of the BIOS password and it is basically the same... I guess we will just have to wait and see what Billy says...

"...I'm from Canada, and they think i'm kinda slow, eh...."

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
First tell us how did the password get there? Did you forget your pass or the laptop decided to set a password itself - (this happened to me and many others recently on a toshiba with phoenix bios)

Find the model number of your laptop. Google and check if your laptop even has jumpers and if the cmos/bios battery is soldered.
Also google to see if there are more such cases.

If there aren't any jumpers, you can also solve your problem by removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes or so. If the battery is soldered then you will have to unsolder it. Search for some dis-assembly guides for your laptop or similar acer laptops. be careful while disassembling the laptop though, .
EDIT- opening laptop may void the warranty

In my case i ended up waiting for 2 months for some 'software' solution, then finally gatered the guts to open the freakin laptop(it was no easy nor safe task, and remove the CMOS battery, it was soldered and I ain't no expert with soldering, so I just twisted it till it broke :).

Software solution - well some laptops have ways to reset bios passwords. Like holding Fn+b before booting. Then there are bios images that you can write on a cd and use that to reset laptop. It depends on the laptop.

Found a nice link

Last edited:
OP
B

Billyips339

I'm scarred playing with hardware, i mean i m very virgin with laptop hardware, you need to do spoonfeeding, is there any software solution w/o complex dos command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom