Broken In
Hello everyone

I Just a week ago bought an New PC with these

ASUS P5GDC-V deluxe motherboard
P4 3.0 GHz [socket 775]
512 MB DDR400 RAM In Dual channel that makes 1 GB ram in total
Seagate 200 GB SATA hard drive
And all other components
I have not taken grapic card as 915G motherboards Includes DirectX9 integrated grapics on board itself

I am able to play UT2004 at 800*600*32 with 75 FPS

But i cannot play FarCry,collinMc Rally 4,PainKiller Games on the board it starts the game but every thing looks out of track like ground looks white in farcry instead of green and also water is not displayed it also looks white even at very low settings with all effects turned off
In collin Mc rally I can see car I can move it but no tracks are seen everything looks shatered [i dont know exact word to describe it]
It will not start Painkiller

how it is possible cant we play these games on Direct X9 grapic boards??
Will I b able to play Half Life 2 and DOOM 3 on this board???

Thanking all plz help

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl

:shock: :shock:

wait a minute...r u saying that u have 512MB installed as dual channel or 1GB RAM???? look if u have 512 installed in dual channel config, it doesnt mean u have 1GB...its still 512MB....

and as 4 ur question, the integrated solutions r no good...cant say anything abt the specifics....but it is probably not good enough 2 play these games...UT2004 is relatively light on ur system compared 2 games like FarCry, Painkiller, HL2, Doom 3, etc...

G

gxsaurav

I not sure agbout Far Cry, but Painkillers requirs a board with Hardware TnL, which the 915G lacks

geek_rohit

In the zone
I don't know bout the rest of the games. But the readme file of Colin McRae Rally says that this game does not run properly on onboard graphics solutions.

Sourabh

Laptoping
man to b frank its just bcoz these games dun run with onboard graphics

i guess painkiller doesnt even install if u have less than some 384 Mb Ram and dx 9 based card

even if these games played on onboard, u wod only b able to view the games and not play it

so better go in for some pci-e based graphic cards according to ur budget

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Try updating the drivers, also if u are a gamer and with the collection of game u mentioned u seem to be more than a casual gamer; better go for a discrete solution like the x300 or 6600 which will be much better. Also with onboard solutions u have to scale down the resolution and effects greatly and even so the games aren't rendered the way the developers made them. The only decent onboard solution thats gonna come soon is the Ati RS400 mobo that was unvieled recently.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Nemesis said:

:shock: :shock:

wait a minute...r u saying that u have 512MB installed as dual channel or 1GB RAM???? look if u have 512 installed in dual channel config, it doesnt mean u have 1GB...its still 512MB....

I think he means 512 MB DDR400 x 2 sticks installed in dual Channel mode. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom