I buy a cell??? 0.o HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellKing

Broken In
Hey guyzz!!
I'm thinking of buying a cellphone but cannot just find the right one!

It should be around the 5000 mark...

And yeah for the specifications part :-
Got a MP3 player so no need for Music phones (although I'll listen to few songs)
Good Screen Quality (maybe 256k colour) I'm gonna be seeing a lotta music vids
I'm a Teen so flaunt value matters
I'm not rich so VFM (value for Money) matters
Camera : VGA's fine but if 1.3MP comes up it's better, not the most imp. factor though!
Extra Card slot would be very good. (need to put lots of Music Vids)

I have considered SE Z530i, 5300 and.. L7?!

Yeah...
Thankx in advance for replying!!

Last edited:

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
dude 1st of all dont consider L7 as it has juz got de looks nothin much more then that,it really sux big time.and as u said ur budget for de fone is arnd 5 grands for that much u wont get Z530 which is arnd 5800 nor 5300 which will cost u atleast 8 grand.u need to spend atleast 7k for de kinda features u lookin for.few options:-
1-Nokia 3110
Price Rs.6,700
Ports: miniUSB 2.0
Infrared: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
Gprs: Yes
Music Player: MP3/MP4/AAC/AAC+/H.264/WMA media player
FM Radio: FM stereo radio
Games: Yes + Downloadable,
Ring Tones: Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3, AAC
Mega Pixels: 1.3 MP, 1280 x 1024 pixels, video(QCIF)
EDGE: Yes
Java Technology: Yes
MEMORY SLOT

2-Sony Ericsson W200i
Price: Rs.7,000
VGA cam
Ports: Yes
Bluetooth: No
Music Player: MP3/MP4/AAC/AAC+/H.264/WMA media player
FM Radio: FM stereo radio
Games: Yes + Downloadable,
Ring Tones: Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3, AAC
MEMORY SLOT

3-Sony Ericsson Z550i
Price: Rs.7,100
Mega Pixels: 1.3 Mp 1280 x 1024 pixels
Ports: Memory Stick Micro (M2)
Music Player: Yes
FM Radio: Yes
Games: Yes + downloadable
Ring Tones: Polyphonic (40 channels), MP3, AAC

Sony Ericsson K510i
Price: Rs.5,200
Ports: USB
FM Radio: No
Games: Yes
Ring Tones: 40 chords polyphonics
NO MEMORY SLOT

Nokia 5200
Price: Rs.6,200
Games: Yes
Ring Tones: Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3
VGA CAMERA

Samsung E250
Price: Rs.6,500
VGA cam
Games: Yes + Downloadable
Ring Tones: Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3
MEMORY SLOT
worst part bout this fone is its battery backup which is bad,best part is its a slider with a big screen looks gr8 in black colour
i mite hav missed few options i m sure others will help tell u kno
thanks

OP
H

HellKing

Broken In
i mite hav missed few options i m sure others will help tell u kno
thanks
hehehe
It's me who needs to thank YOU mate!!

and yeah,
any chance 3110 and 5300 prices coming down??

When 5700 is released, woulden't the prices of 5300 and 5200 decrease??

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
You alwayz welcome pal,dont have any idea when 5700 is gonna realised,ofcourse price will come down as the days goes,but one cant tell exactly when and how much,So,i wud rather suggest u to chose 1 and buy.as shashank suggested K750i is also a gr8 option after price revision,its now available for 7.5k,but its been in de market for quite sum time 3 yrs i guess.According to me Nokia 5200,SE Z550i,SE W200i or Nokia 3110 is de best option for u in ur budget especially 5200 for other options u need to spend arnd 1-2k more.bye tc

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
5200 is the only fone that fits ur requirements! but u mite hafta spend ~1k more over 5k. i'd suggest u against w200i, the screen quality is not upto the mark. the z550i is a good phone but it'll set u back by ~7k.

OP
H

HellKing

Broken In
OK ppl,
Here's the shootout now :
Nokia 5300\5200 Vs. Nokia 3110 (i don't lkie the lookz of Z550)

and maybe All Vs. K750i

OKOK these are quite outta my budget, but I can always plead to mom or dad to gimme more ;)

K750i's for 7.5k??? With Bill and VAT?? Maybe I'll get that then!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
k750i at 7.5k is widout bill at least here... wid bill and vat it comes to abt ~8.2k. but if u can manage that then nothing like it. it beats all the above phones in every aspect by a respectable margin. only thing is that it been around for quite sometime now. so its not a new model. plus u will miss edge in k750i.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You can consider LGC2600

*www.univercell.in/index.php?page=s...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

It has everything u want but has 65K colour display

Price is 4999 Rs @ web, mkt price may be cheaper.

OP
H

HellKing

Broken In
yeash BIG ques :
Does the Navi stick in K750i get replaced??? Coz it get's jammed up after sometime you know?

And how much is the approx repair cost???

What abt battery lives of K750 and 3110 can they last good amt of hrs for headphone music???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) yes it gets replaced. but if u take proper care (like using something else to take out the anger on ur fren :D and keep cleaning it not allowing dust to settle) then it'll last for long. dust is the main culprit. the cost is ~250-300 or so. i haf seen 2 phones wid my frens who are using it for more than an year and a half and hafnt faced any problems. i haf also seen phones whose joystick has stopped working wid just 3 months of usage. so it all depends on how u take care of it.

2) battery life of k750i is quite good. but obs. if u use the cam and flash a lot then u'll hafta charge everyday. they last good wid headset. so no worries.

hafnt used 3110 so can't answer this Q. someone wid the phone may help u out.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Yups old is gold,at my place K750i is for 7.8k incl.of all taxes.
none of the above options comes near to this fone,1 of de best 2MP cam with AutoFocus,Flash,vry good music player,decent battery backup,memory expandable upto 1 GB,looks kewl,small thus easy to carry.
:-dont even think bout Samsung/LG they Sux big time especially LG,biggest prblm with samsung is its battery backup else overall its a good company.
:-But ya K750i gonna b discontinued vry soon,if its f9 with u then there nothin like dis biatch.ull get de service etc eva if its production is stopped.
Link to K750i: *www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10242
Cheers

OP
H

HellKing

Broken In
K750i seems to be the best phone around!!

So if the phone's being discontinued, what do I lose???

Firmware updates?? Warranty?? or what??

and how fast should I make the purchase so as to not miss this great phone??

And to all you guys,
Thankx a lot for suggesting me!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Yups K750i is de best fone in this price range,ull get warranty etc everythin eva if de fone s discontinued.cant tellu exactly wen SE will stop its production but ya it will b soon vry soon so dont miss da bus all de best.CHEERS

gadgetfreak

Gadgetpenter
@anirudh: plz man can u temme the phone and adress n city of the shop selling K750i under 8k with bill, plz man i hope u can do this favour

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
yups i can do that 4 u pal no prblm,but rite now i dun hav de number and exact address bcoz its not sumthin 1 wud kno,but ill find that out 4 u may b widin a day or 2,by da way i live in Raipur(C.G).thanks tc

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Aniruddh said:
Memory expandable upto 1 GB

just bumped into say that it supports upto 4gb mem stick duo as of now!! yes, thats correct, 4gb and not 2gb as mentioned on the se site. thats coz upto 4gb the memory addressing mode in pro duo is same and hence any phone that supports upto 2gb will support upto 4gb now (including w800i)

also even if the model is discontinued it hardly matters. there are so many k750s sold that spare parts are and haf to be available. but the firmware development cycle is over meaning that now we'll see firmware updates only to correct some errors when detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom