I am redirected to asnews.com.sg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For the last 2 weeks or so, I am getting redirected to asnews.com.sg up on loading a website. Not all the time, but it's happening. I reset my browser, ran malwarebytes, antivirus. It's still happening. I don't know if it's happening to the all the sites I visit or only few of them. As of now, I am sure it's happening with digit forum.

I don't know how serious this issue is. I really appreciate if you guys help me with some fix. I googled, but nothing seems clear.

They say remove "all files related to asnews dot com dot sg" - How do I know the files that are related to asnews?
They suggest spyhunter - which doesn't seem like a genuine tool.

Any of you guys faced this issue?

amjath

Human Spambot
It must an extension, uninstall it. Check once in add or remove program as well and uninstall. Do a restart

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Checked plugins, extension and installed programs. Couldn't find anything suspicious wrt to this issue.

I am posting snaps, check them and see if you can find anything.
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/bug%201_zpsvkfotgit.png

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/bug%202_zpsk68669rh.png

Softwares installed/updated in the last one month.
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/bug%203_zpsunnwocob.png

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Checked IE, couldn't find any... The highlighted one "research" could be it? I don't know, and I don't know how to remove it.
This is of IE
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Add-ons_zpsszeau3fr.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Have you tried looking into Startup items to see what programs starts when you boot your PC?

Also don't sort the list of installed programs by date, since it maybe that this information is missing for some programs. Post full list of installed programs if possible. Once you check what programs are being started in startup using tools such as CCleaner and Sysinternal's Autoruns, you may also want to look at the list of running programs using program known as Sysinternal's Process Explorer. It shows list of running processes hierarchically.

Flash

Lost in speed
Try AdwCleaner and HitmanPro and do a scan. It maybe a adware which installed side-by-side when installing software/games without user awareness.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Have you tried looking into Startup items to see what programs starts when you boot your PC?

Also don't sort the list of installed programs by date, since it maybe that this information is missing for some programs. Post full list of installed programs if possible. Once you check what programs are being started in startup using tools such as CCleaner and Sysinternal's Autoruns, you may also want to look at the list of running programs using program known as Sysinternal's Process Explorer. It shows list of running processes hierarchically.
Only two things are enabled at startup. Java and a third party snipping tool called greenshot which I am using it for years.

I came across this video when googling

In task manager I see that dwm.exe running under different user name called DWM-23. Google says, it's normal. Can you guys confirm this?
BTW, should I use those tool CC Cleaner and Sysinternals? I used task manager to check those things.

I see no suspicious programs running under my user.

Among the four files mentioned in that video, I can find two files in the task manager. But both are system files and are in system folder not in appdata folder.
Try AdwCleaner and HitmanPro and do a scan. It maybe a adware which installed side-by-side when installing software/games without user awareness.
I will check those tools and see if it fixes the issue.

amjath

Human Spambot
Only two things are enabled at startup. Java and a third party snipping tool called greenshot which I am using it for years.

I came across this video when googling

In task manager I see that dwm.exe running under different user name called DWM-23. Google says, it's normal. Can you guys confirm this?
BTW, should I use those tool CC Cleaner and Sysinternals? I used task manager to check those things.

I see no suspicious programs running under my user.

Among the four files mentioned in that video, I can find two files in the task manager. But both are system files and are in system folder not in appdata folder.

I will check those tools and see if it fixes the issue.

dwm.exe is safe.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
How Do I Remove asnews.com.sg Redirect? ( Removal Guide ) - EasyVirusKilling.com

*www.google.co.in/search?q=asnews.com.sg

Edit: OOPS sry , just now realized you already tried those steps.

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Can internet service provider set this kinda things? I am asking because, after I logged in and open the browser (default is blank page), I typed in digit forum address and pressed enter. I was redirected, but this time it's "mail.bsnl". Now I remember it happened too (redirecting to bsnl) few times in the last few two weeks.

Flash

Lost in speed
Can internet service provider set this kinda things? I am asking because, after I logged in and open the browser (default is blank page), I typed in digit forum address and pressed enter. I was redirected, but this time it's "mail.bsnl". Now I remember it happened too (redirecting to bsnl) few times in the last few two weeks.
It was by BSNL. For every disconnection, it will open mail.bsnl.in first when the internet is connecting. But it has no connection with your asnews thingy.

BSNL clears stand on redirecting broadband users to (mail.bsnl.in) promotional page

D

Deleted member 118788

Do this and you will be fine.

1. Download and Run AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner Download

2. Download and Run Junkware Removal Tool. Junkware Removal Tool Download

3. Download and Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Tool. *www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

Usage of these 3 tools will be enough to clean all the adware you have. If the above don't help then I will suggest to create a new profile in Firefox after deleting the old profile.

Flash

Lost in speed
@Pulse was also having the adware problem in firefox (though in your case, it's a browser hijacker).
But he cleaned up his PC via HitmanPro.

If nothing worked, export the bookmarks and reset the firefox.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It was by BSNL. For every disconnection, it will open mail.bsnl.in first when the internet is connecting. But it has no connection with your asnews thingy.
BSNL clears stand on redirecting broadband users to (mail.bsnl.in) promotional page
It wasn't the case before. It's happening for the last two weeks. So the reason I was little worried and doubted if it's because of some virus or malware or something.
Do this and you will be fine.
1. Download and Run AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner Download
2. Download and Run Junkware Removal Tool. Junkware Removal Tool Download
3. Download and Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Tool. *www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

Usage of these 3 tools will be enough to clean all the adware you have. If the above don't help then I will suggest to create a new profile in Firefox after deleting the old profile.
I have already rad malwarebytes. I started noting down when, where it happens. Since this thread started, it happened only once i.e. redirected to bsnl.
@Pulse was also having the adware problem in firefox (though in your case, it's a browser hijacker).
But he cleaned up his PC via HitmanPro.
If nothing worked, export the bookmarks and reset the firefox.
Yeah, I have already reset the browser few days ago. Even after that, this issue isn't solved.

D

Deleted member 118788

I have already rad malwarebytes. I started noting down when, where it happens. Since this thread started, it happened only once i.e. redirected to bsnl.

I will still suggest you to run the other 2 tools to be sure. They are very small in size and there is no harm in running them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have already reset the browser few days ago. Even after that, this issue isn't solved.

How did you reset them? If you just uninstalled and installed then it is not enough as the left overs of old profile still stays.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I will still suggest you to run the other 2 tools to be sure. They are very small in size and there is no harm in running them.
How did you reset them? If you just uninstalled and installed then it is not enough as the left overs of old profile still stays.
Okay, I will try those tools. I have done few things today to fix the issue. For now, I wait and see if it happens again. Then I try them.
There is an option called reset/refresh in troubleshoot option.

vito scalleta

In the zone
if all else fails u can manually go through ur program files folder and also the app data folder .. and look for folders with some unusual names. this method has helped me a couple of times .

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ That's what I do, after I find the culprit program through the list of running processes. Worked for me the last time my pc got infected with such redirecting malware.

Top Bottom