Hyderabad

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Where can I get a good deal for computer hardware in hyderabad. I know CTC is the place to go. But there are too many shops in CTC. Please suggest me a couple of shops and if possible their contact numbers (so that i can check the availablity before going. Its far away from my place.) I am planning to buy

Processor E7200
Motherboard ABIT IP35-e
Kingston 2Gb RAM
Samsung/sony dvd writer
logitech k/b and mouse
Coolermaster 500W SMPS + Zebronics Bijli cabinet
Palit HD4850
Dell 228WFP
APC UPS

ray|raven

Think Zen.
All the guys in CTC try to rip you off.
My suggestion is dont go with the list. And definetely dont go for their recommendations.
If they dont have the parts you're looking for , they'll try to convince you its crap or not even in the market. Trust me , i've had experience.

Instead go for part by part. Inquire in the shops and buy from the one which offers a good price.

OP
R

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Thanks for the experienced suggestions.

1. Isn't it the case that buying in bulk (i mean all parts from a single shop) offers me a better price ?
  2. Can I get the prices mentioned in *www.theitwares.com/ or can I get a lower deal ?
  3. And can you comment on the availability of the hardware that I mentioned ?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Yeah well , lemme see.

1. You would get a bulk disc i guess , but in which case they guy'd be trying all the time to hand you some stuff instead of what you want. IMO , its better to go for each item.

2 & 3 . Havent really bought anything from CTC off late , so cant say for sure. Sorry.
But the hardware you got there seems pretty common so , im guessing you wont have any issues getting them.

prvprv

Journeyman
Thanks for the experienced suggestions.

1. Isn't it the case that buying in bulk (i mean all parts from a single shop) offers me a better price ?
  2. Can I get the prices mentioned in *www.theitwares.com/ or can I get a lower deal ?
  3. And can you comment on the availability of the hardware that I mentioned ?

You wil get much lower price than theitwares.com.
for eg. I bought C2D E7200 for Rs. 5050/- from Bhumika computers 4 days back. The price in itwares is Rs. 5475/- :D

I couldn't find the Bizli cabinet there although I inquired in only 5 or 6 shops.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude the best thing is to check their contact numbers and enquire them instead of going all over there. I generally think its not possible for you to get all the things from same shop at less price. You will have to shop for these in different shops. I can give you some shop names if you want. Do let me know!

OP
R

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Dude the best thing is to check their contact numbers and enquire them instead of going all over there. I generally think its not possible for you to get all the things from same shop at less price. You will have to shop for these in different shops. I can give you some shop names if you want. Do let me know!

Please, that would be a great help. Also can you include the contact numbers if you have them. Thank You.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude today I had been to CTC but I didnt have the list that you have mentioned and also I had gone there for a very short while. When I purchased the PC last year I had enquired in many shops and then finalised on two shops which offered overall less prices compared to others. As I told you there will always be a case where you may get a certain product lesser in one shop as compared to others. The two shops that I was talking about are
1. Bhumika Computers
2. Shweta Infotech

I will be giving you more details tommorow since I dont have their numbers with me right now.

OP
R

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Dude today I had been to CTC but I didnt have the list that you have mentioned and also I had gone there for a very short while. When I purchased the PC last year I had enquired in many shops and then finalised on two shops which offered overall less prices compared to others. As I told you there will always be a case where you may get a certain product lesser in one shop as compared to others. The two shops that I was talking about are
1. Bhumika Computers
2. Shweta Infotech

I will be giving you more details tommorow since I dont have their numbers with me right now.

Thank You. That's very kind of you.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I've been quite satisfied with my purchases from Bhumika Comp. Good friendly service and low prices, though it wouldn't be realistic to expect any one shop to have the lowest prices for everything. I expect that even if you get lower prices for certain items in another shop, the difference will be quite small.

I made a post recommending them in earlier threads too. Their contact info:

Bhumika Computer Peripherals
No.51 & 52, A/C Cellar
Chenoy Trade Centre
Park Lane, Secunderabad - 3

Phones: 64562421, 66382286, 66385794

OP
R

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions. I got some stuff from bhumika computers yesterday. I inquired the prices at both bhumika comupters and shweta infotech. The prices at bhumika computers are about 100/- less than that of shweta infotech per component. Thank you once again.
(you saved me the pain of visiting each and every shop at CTC to get a quote, and helped me in reaching the movie WALL-E on time :) )

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions. I got some stuff from bhumika computers yesterday. I inquired the prices at both bhumika comupters and shweta infotech. The prices at bhumika computers are about 100/- less than that of shweta infotech per component. Thank you once again.
(you saved me the pain of visiting each and every shop at CTC to get a quote, and helped me in reaching the movie WALL-E on time :) )

Dude I didnt get the Wall-E thing? Anyways I'm planning to buy a PC for my friend please let me know the prices and the configuration that you have bought or planning to buy!

OP
R

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Just that if i have spent more time trying to scavenge each shop at CTC I would have missed my movie. The rates are in this post *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96706 . Copying here for convenience

• Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2575/-
  • Asus M2N MX SE+ 1950/-
  • Transcend DDR2 2GB 800 Mhz 1775/-
  • Seagate Sata (ST3250310AS) 250 GB 2150/-
  • Samsung SH-223 Optical Drive 1050/-
  • Logitech Combo 650/-

Also Abit Ip35-E is not available. Only MSI's HD4850 is available and costs 11.3K. Intel core 2 duo E5200 is not available.

sonu1983

Broken In
dude theres only 1 shop in whole of CTC..where the owner knows actually about computers..in the sense..he has the knowledge about buildin a comp..i bought my gaming rig from there this year..n he will get u a good deal also..cause the other shops r bullocks..u ask them about a particular model..n they say..nahi hai...lol...but this guy knows everrything..

P.S:sad part is i forgot the name...ill let u know asap..i have to search for the bill..i think its rohan computers..

ECE0105

In the zone
Also try S.V. Electronics... It is in the second lane. I am not sure whether he can offer you the best deal on all products, but hez got a wide range of products with him....
X38 Mobos were first with him in the whole of CTC.

ajayritik

Technomancer
dude theres only 1 shop in whole of CTC..where the owner knows actually about computers..in the sense..he has the knowledge about buildin a comp..i bought my gaming rig from there this year..n he will get u a good deal also..cause the other shops r bullocks..u ask them about a particular model..n they say..nahi hai...lol...but this guy knows everrything..

P.S:sad part is i forgot the name...ill let u know asap..i have to search for the bill..i think its rohan computers..
Dude you did so much build up and at last you don't know the name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom