Hutch GPRS Settings Needed (imate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaza

Journeyman
Hi,

I need the Hutch GPRS settings for imate k-jam.

please help me to configure the settings.

I'd already activated hutch gprs on N70 and now I'm using imate k-jam

thnx

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Just visit their site, give ur hutch number and model and u wud instantly receive settings. Enter 123 when settings prompt for password.

OP
R

Raaza

Journeyman
pathiks said:
I dont think normal hutch gprs will work on ur k-jam.. U ll need to enable hutch access..

yes you are right.

They (Customer care ) said that only Hutch access will work on Imate k-jam. and I'd pay at least Rs. 199 per month as rental and extra 10 paise per 10 KB for downloading, there's no free data downloading, every kb is chargable.

alas !!! I just need this gprs connection to check email and some minor browsing occasionally only when I'm in field work.

But hutch charges Rs.199/- pe rmonth.

In fact I've an unlimited 900 plan from bsnl for my home use,

so this Rs 199 and extra charge is not suitable to me,

is there any provider give gprs "on demand" ( no monthly rental), charges only when downloading the data????

what about airtel???

I'm in kerala.

@ Imate users:

pls post your gprs experiences.

thanking you

Pathik

Google Bot
Normal airtel MO also wont work on ur cell.. You ll need to enable corporate gprs wich ll be costly too..

hash!!

________
lolz.. i had that problem too... gprs is toooo crappy on hutch... the one thats activated by default... i used it for 20-25 mb and they charged me 250 bucks!
well, anyway, if you wanna activate it, heres how:
go to the connection settings, select Connections..
select Add New Modem Connection> connection name: Hutch_Gprs, select modem type: Cellular Line(GPRS)... Next
Access Point Name: portalnmms... no user, no pass... finish.
now select proxy settings, enable this network connects to the internet, and enable this network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet.
in the Proxy Server textbox, write: 10.10.1.100
close all, start internet explorer, and enter any site... it'l show connecting and blah blah, and you're ready to go...
but mind you... i'l warn you cause they ripped me off... they charge like 10paise per 10kb or sumthn like that... so use the connection sparingly, and do not use it to download big stuff...
hope this helps... let me know if theres some problem... :)
and refer to this older post... i had to tweak stuff from there to work gprs on my pocketpc.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51891

EDIT: ohh... i just noticed your location... im in delhi, so i cant be sure if my settings would work there... good luck anyway... :)

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Raaza said:
is there any provider give gprs "on demand" ( no monthly rental), charges only when downloading the data????

what about airtel???

Airtel in Chennai provides GPRS on demand. Unlimited browsing for a day for Rs.20 or unlimited browsing for a week for Rs.75 or unlimited browsing for 30days for Rs.375

But thats only for pre paid.

pathiks said:
Normal airtel MO also wont work on ur cell.. You ll need to enable corporate gprs wich ll be costly too..

Airtel MO will work on any phone.. What do u mean by corporate GPRS?

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
i dont know much about it... But all the normal gprs schemes dont work on the high end fones like those... atleast it didnt work on a friend's cell... u sure abt that deepakchan??

OP
R

Raaza

Journeyman
hash!! said:
well, anyway, if you wanna activate it, heres how:
go to the connection settings, select Connections..
select Add New Modem Connection> connection name: Hutch_Gprs, select modem type: Cellular Line(GPRS)... Next
Access Point Name: portalnmms... no user, no pass... finish.
now select proxy settings, enable this network connects to the internet, and enable this network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet.
in the Proxy Server textbox, write: 10.10.1.100
close all, start internet explorer, and enter any site... it'l show connecting and blah blah, and you're ready to go...
but mind you... i'l warn you cause they ripped me off... they charge like 10paise per 10kb or sumthn like that... so use the connection sparingly, and do not use it to download big stuff...
hope this helps... let me know if theres some problem... :)
and refer to this older post... i had to tweak stuff from there to work gprs on my pocketpc.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51891

EDIT: ohh... i just noticed your location... im in delhi, so i cant be sure if my settings would work there... good luck anyway... :)

tried it,

but when click an address, status bar shows "connecting.......".
but no page is displaying.

so it's not working.

ok

will airtel MO work on this, please confirm someone.

thanks

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Raaza said:
tried it,

but when click an address, status bar shows "connecting.......".
but no page is displaying.

so it's not working.

ok

will airtel MO work on this, please confirm someone.

thanks

There are no proxies nothing to be set for Airtel MO. Just the access point is "airtelgprs.com" Nothing else needs to be configured. All other settings can be kept as automatic or None. Even the username and password. That proxy you have mentioned I think is for Live or Nop.

pathiks said:
i dont know much about it... But all the normal gprs schemes dont work on the high end fones like those... atleast it didnt work on a friend's cell... u sure abt that deepakchan??

However high end or low end the phone is, Airtel MO will work. I usually try it out on any friend's new phone, and I don't even download the settings. Just enter the access point as airtelgprs.com and go ahead and it works like a breeze..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom