Huh... Got stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshrnet

Right off the assembly line
:confused: My monitor is not working even though the pc starts :cry: monitor just blinks its indicator led. I cleaned my cpu, gpu etc....

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disconnect the monitor signal/VGA cable cable from mobo/gfx card.

Turn on the monitor & see if it shows something like No Signal.

If it shows that then the monitor is OK. The prob may be with the VGA cable or with the gfx port of he mobo or gfx card.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Disconnect the monitor signal/VGA cable cable from mobo/gfx card.

Turn on the monitor & see if it shows something like No Signal.

If it shows that then the monitor is OK. The prob may be with the VGA cable or with the gfx port of he mobo or gfx card.

Agreed to 100%...
Do the No Signal test, if positive (means the "No Signal" message shows) ur monitor is perfect and u need to check ur cable connections...

D

Deleted member 26636

Agreed to 100%...
Do the No Signal test, if positive (means the "No Signal" message shows) ur monitor is perfect and u need to check ur cable connections...

yeh..do what rhitwick said but if these tests pass & still your monitor doesnot display, you can try to remove your RAM's & then change their slots. see if that works..once after cleaning my pc i changed my ram slots & the monitor stopped displaying...although the cable was fixed well..the monitor only displayed a "no signal"....after i changed back the ram slots the monitor was displaying fine.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
The monitor cable which is connected to the CPU must be loose so remove it and put it again. That's what usually happens to my monitor.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If you give vague clues, you will get only vague troubleshooting steps. Which screen and which graphic card? Next time you post, post the whole config. Remove the ram and reinsert it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom