HTTP server connection with internal+external IPs

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
alright...!! here is the problem..!!!

my ip 192.168.0.199 (lets say A)

my router ip 192.168.0.2 (lets say R; DLink DIR-600L)

my public ip 27.34.241.X (lets say B)

your IP X.X.X.X (lets say C)

i have an HTTP server running on A port 80, i want C to access my http server by typing B:80 in the web browser...!!

But the browser is saying can't find B, whereas ppl in the local network can find it by typing A:80

Now, i went to the router panel and forwarded my IP to port 80 specifically to A but C still can't access http server at B:80

now what should I do to enable this ? I am using Backtrack 5 R3 and i am tired of looking and looking at numerous websites in the hope i can stumble upon something.

PS: I have tried everything i could, so plz don't comment like "did you try port forwarding" or "try NAT" or something, I'd hope someone could give me steps on how to do this...!!!!

See the attached images.

Awaiting your reply.

Selection_003.pngSelection_002.pngSelection_001.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as far as i know home users by default get dynamic public ip not static so to run a home server solution like dyndns or no-ip is needed.

OP
emailvarunchandak

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
as far as i know home users by default get dynamic public ip not static so to run a home server solution like dyndns or no-ip is needed.

yeah... in my router i have assigned a fix ip address so that it doesn't change.... its obvious i won't be able to run services if the IP address changes....!! :|

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can not fix your public ip by assigning it in modem/router.public ip is given by your ISP & is independent of your modem/router setting.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
then you need to do more reading because you missed the most important part of configuring a web server:
Verio Knowledgebase :: What is the difference between public and private IP addresses?
to run any web server you first need to bind your dynamic public ip to a static domain.go here & read about it:
No-IP : Getting Started Guide

first confirm from your service provider if the public ip(not local 192.168 ip) provided is static or dynamic.if dynamic you need to follow above.

OP
emailvarunchandak

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
then you need to do more reading because you missed the most important part of configuring a web server:
Verio Knowledgebase :: What is the difference between public and private IP addresses?
to run any web server you first need to bind your dynamic public ip to a static domain.go here & read about it:
No-IP : Getting Started Guide

first confirm from your service provider if the public ip(not local 192.168 ip) provided is static or dynamic.if dynamic you need to follow above.

its static...!! if it was dynamic then i'd have used no-ip (in fact i have it already)...!!!

Rajesh345

Youngling
its static...!! if it was dynamic then i'd have used no-ip (in fact i have it already)...!!!

No i didnt read all posts

But u can access it technically

1) Your ROuter should support DMZ and DDNS

A) On your Router >Advanced settings> NAT> DMZ > Enter IP of your PC

Like DMZ IP = 192.168.0.199

B) Now Find Option DDNS [DYanmic DNS ]

IF your ROuter support this feature > Click Drop down menu in it and see which DDNS provider it supports

eg noip.org

Register account in no.ip.org and they will give you a NAme like

emailvarunchandak@no.ip.org <---similar

On your Router Turn Firewall off

Now if everything is ok

when you type emailvarunchandak@no.ip.org on WEB Browser your friends will see ur website

[Note - Note sure sometimes you might need to port forward also , Not sure , THink Setting DMZ and Router firewall off will do the trick . if still not working , TURN PC firewall for TESTING ]

OP
emailvarunchandak

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
No i didnt read all posts

But u can access it technically

1) Your ROuter should support DMZ and DDNS

A) On your Router >Advanced settings> NAT> DMZ > Enter IP of your PC

Like DMZ IP = 192.168.0.199

B) Now Find Option DDNS [DYanmic DNS ]

IF your ROuter support this feature > Click Drop down menu in it and see which DDNS provider it supports

eg noip.org

Register account in no.ip.org and they will give you a NAme like

emailvarunchandak@no.ip.org <---similar

On your Router Turn Firewall off

Now if everything is ok

when you type emailvarunchandak@no.ip.org on WEB Browser your friends will see ur website

[Note - Note sure sometimes you might need to port forward also , Not sure , THink Setting DMZ and Router firewall off will do the trick . if still not working , TURN PC firewall for TESTING ]

well, thnx for your input, but in DDNS, there's no support for NO-IP... but only DynDNS.... and i can't turn off the firewall due to fear of DoS...!! I did portforwarding.... etc... but to no avail...!! :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your isp seems to be a cable broadband.in your router setting do you use some ip details(like gateway etc) given by your isp or is it set to auto/dynamic(i am not talking about local lan configuration but the connection type to your isp).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try pinging your public ip from outside & like @Rajesh345 suggested you can try turning off router/windows firewall just for a few minutes to test.

OP
emailvarunchandak

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
try pinging your public ip from outside & like @Rajesh345 suggested you can try turning off router/windows firewall just for a few minutes to test.

well, its pinging from outside...!! when i nmapped my public ip, it showed port 30000 as open... so i mapped public port 30000 to private port 80...... but still can't access... :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you use torrents successfully on your connection?if yes then which port it uses.it may be possible that your ISP block incoming traffic originated from outside on port 80.btw did you try turning off your firewalls(router & windows) just for testing.

OP
emailvarunchandak

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
can you use torrents successfully on your connection?if yes then which port it uses.it may be possible that your ISP block incoming traffic originated from outside on port 80.btw did you try turning off your firewalls(router & windows) just for testing.

yes i can download torrents, i also tried turning off firewall and open ALL ports too, but still...........

Top Bottom