HTML COURSE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
HI
I WANT TO LEARN WEB DESIGNING.I WENT TO NIIT DELHI KAMALA NAGAR. THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL BE TEACHING ME THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:-
Basics of the Internet
Components of a Web site
Planning and Organizing a Web site
Types of Content for a Web site
Creating an Outline for a Web site
Hosting a Web site
The origin and Background of HTML
The need for URLs
Enhancing an HTML Page
Using images
color and background in an HTML Page
Creating Tables and Frames in a Web Page
Designing forms
Creating a website using front page
THESE COURSE WILL TAKE NEARLY ABOUT 24 HOURS(THEY TOLD ME).
I WANT TO ASK IF THIS COURSE IS BENEFICIAL AS I AM GIVING Rs. 3000.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
WHAT TO DO NOW DUDE? I CANT RESUBMIT THIS.
GIVE ME THE ANSWER IN TWO WORDS :-
1)JOIN OR
2)DON'T JOIN NIIT

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
had i been in ur position i wud have taken help frm various free tutorials on net nd might have purchased a book on HTMl...the only drawback in this kind of self paced learning is that u tend to linger on woth the course...2 days work will take u 4 days to finish !!!

so a better approach will be to go in for the course..finish it off in 12days .. nd then practice it @ ur own .. ohh but the last statement frm ur post .. " creating a web site using front page" .. are they going to teach u to make a web site with that???? nyone with a lil help and internet can make a web site with front page ... try to learn HTML language rather than making use of third party web site creation tools.....

=)) 3000/- for a webpage course .

i agree with grinning_devil , self learning may be hard, but like they say if you have a mind you can take over world

Just search google with keywords like

"how to make a website"
"Creating Tables and Frames" etc

or you can try site`s like
*www.w3schools.com/ etc

if you are not satisfied join the course :)

Charley

Just Do It
himtuna said:
WHAT TO DO NOW DUDE? I CANT RESUBMIT THIS.
GIVE ME THE ANSWER IN TWO WORDS :-
1)JOIN OR
2)DON'T JOIN NIIT

First of all learn the etiquette of posting ........

" DONT USE CAPS "......

Deep

Version 2.0
One friendly warning to the ones who dont know the answers and post reply...

if think a person should join or not join anything then please mention the reason why u want or dont want him to join...just posting things like "i think you should join it" doesnt mean anything infact doesnt help at all....

back to the topic...

to be frank I do not see anything worth in joing this course because you get the same stuff on the net for FREE and there is nothing much to learn...

Let me teach you the same here for FREE :)

So let's start...but before starting make sure that you are capable of reading the stuff...

Basics of the Internet -

Text Based with details

Animated Brief Simple one

Components of a Web site -

Web site – A collection of files Web files, including a home page. The home page is usually the address that is given, as it is usually the easiest to remember. I.e. www.greencomputer.com, as opposed to a web page inside the site, such as www.greencompiter.com/services.html (in actuality the first page of the site is www.greencomputer.com/index.html, the server is told that www.greencomputer.com really means www.greencomputer.com/index.html making it easier to remember web addresses.

Source - *powerelf-server-appliance.greencomputer.com/solutions/glossary.shtml

Planning and Organizing a Web site

Creating an Outline for a Web site

Hosting a Web site

All 3 covered here - *www.websitebuildingtips.com/

Types of Content for a Web site - It can have static as well as dynamic content, static contents include collection of HTML pages which user need to download and edit and then upload the same..

where dynamic is easier one, you get a control panel from where you can edit the content and publish by clicking on a button...

The origin and Background of HTML -

This page covers all - *www.w3.org/MarkUp/historical

The need for URLs - I will call this as vague topic..because its just a basic thing..you need URLs to access the website withouht that you cannot...just one line answer should cover the topic :)

Enhancing an HTML Page
Using images
-

These articles should help you out for sure -

*communications.epsb.ca/tips_creating.shtml
*www.websitebuildingtips.com/design/index.html

For images - *www.w3schools.com/html/html_images.asp

color and background in an HTML Page -

Font color is simple just use <font color="red">this will display text in red</font>

Background Color in HTML - *www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_bodybgcol

More on backgrounds here - *www.w3schools.com/html/html_backgrounds.asp

Creating Tables and Frames in a Web Page -

*www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Designing forms -

*www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Creating a website using front page - I strictly wont suggest using Frontpage to create websites....

Macromedia Dreamweaver is the best -

check this out to learn how to create sites using Dreamweaver...

Create Sites - *webdesign.about.com/od/dreamweaver/ss/aassdwnewsite.htm

Create Pages - *www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/usd/student/courses/dreamweaver/dreamweavermx_createwebpages_doc.pdf

or this one

*www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=130896&rl=1

I think I have covered all...

I hope it helps you and saves your Rs. 3000 :)

Regards
Deep

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Spending 3k bucks on learning stuff like "the basics of the Internet" would be a total waste of money. Follow the links given by Deep... if you have any doubts, then pls post in this forum. We are always here to help you out. At least I will, to the best of my ability.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
NIIT are total looters....
They'll teach you the most basic stuff claiming it of high importance and high prices to go with it...

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
thanks thanks thanks
but i have already given Rs500. which is offcourse not refundable. There is only one option for me & i.e to join another course .I am studying in class 11. In school we are tought c++ , the course book is Sumita arora. So shall i join niit to learn c++ or I fight with them to get my money back.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Yes, learning C++ would definitely be the better option.. but a warning tho.. you might get really bored in your 11th and 12th computer classes! For 1.5 years (whole 11th and half of 12th) they teach only C++ and that too the basics.

When I was in 11th, I already knew C++ and was creating Win32 applications. It's hard to express how boring each class was. I never used to listen in class but even then I always got above 95 in every exam :wink:

Deep

Version 2.0
I dont think anyone can teach c++ in 24 hrs...

they might teach u the very basic of it ask u to refer book to learn more..

Deep

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
Rs 2000 for these things at niit is it worthy
intr to c++
underst the fundamental data types
understanding structure of c++ programe
programming constructs like if ,else
conditional constructs
unary operations
looping constructs
introduction to functions
need for functions
defining a function
function argument
intro to structures
data storage type
intro to arrays
pointers
object oriented programming
structures vs classes
access specifiers
constructors
virtual base classes
push and pop arrarys
postfix
intro to queues
file access mode
stream insertion and extraction
open mode bits
etc.

Deep

Version 2.0
yes looks like proper.

but when u said 24 hours then do u mean 1 day or 24 hours total i.e. 12 days if u go for 2 hrs daily?

Deep

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Ya that should be ok. Get a good book on C++ too and practice what was taught in the previous class. I recommend C++ Complete reference and Deitel and Deitel - How to Program in C++.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Learn HTML in 24 hours. That book costs around Rs. 125!! That will teach all the basics of HTML that NIIT teaches for 3000!! :roll: The rest of the topics can be learnt by surfing the net. No one can teach you those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom