HTC Touch??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... iwas planin on getting the iPhone when it was released but the price tag of 31+k and unavailability of 3g in india(i don't understand why they show that 3g browsing thingy in the Airtel iPhone ad), I started looking at alternatives....

so HTC touch has caught my eye... 14k , PDA, WM, seems good features. What do you say. Is there any gud phones that I can use as a PDA. I like to scribble down reminders and notes... ;)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Sony Ericsson G700 is also a good phone with a touch screen and with it's Notes app you can scribble stuff on the screen and then save them as sticky notes on the phone screen. It runs on Symbian UIQ 3 and has a 3mp camera. Only features it lacks is EDGE and wi-fi.

moshel

Padawan
well currently other phones are not coming to my mind but for the HTC touch i can tell u.

well u do get the basic functionalities in the touch. but beware its NOT A MULTIMEDIA PHONE AT ALL. to summarize in a few words,
I would recommend HTC touch to ppl who need a winmo device or a touch screen device (probably just for the flaunt value) but dont have enough dough to buy some of the more expensive brethren aka HTC diamond.

if u need a phone where u can quickly make notes or reminders then u can check out symbian based phones too. as an example, when i had the 6233, i just had to press the UP key on the D-pad and it took me to the notes application. and whatever i wrote on the notes, abt 2 lines of it always display on the today screen.

u can also check out Sony Ericsson P1i its got symbian and is a touch screen phone too.

dare devil

Broken In
Can i use the HTC Touch as wireless modem for my PC(to share my internet with my own PC using Airtel Mobile office GPRS)

alter_ego

Who me??
^^ Yes you can!

HTC Touch is a good phone but mostly in looks and form factor. Its sluggish (like any other WM) and I guess you will get bored with it pretty soon.

aritrap

Mobile Addict
The Asus P320 is identical in specs to the Touch but is considerably cheaper Rs.11.3k. You can always install the Touch Flo interface in the Asus as it is a software feature. you can install many 3rd party apps for notes too.

x3060

A LOTR fan
wm phones are easy to mod , so even if you get a wm5 phone you can install wm6.1 in it.
and i would say htc is a great multimedia phone too, all you need is tcpmp.
the in phone player is good for playing mp3s too.
the camera ain't that good.
well am using p3400 for a few months now, and its not sluggish at all.
but that depends on how you use it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom