Htc touch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolumad

Broken In
Hi all,

My friend bought a HTC touch few days back.Everything is fine except usb cable data transfer speed which is sickeningly slow.It takes 15-20 minutes to transfer a 50 mb file on vista and it doesn't works with windos xp.When i plug the device in xp, it searches for drivers and then pops a message of ''unable to install hardware''. Please help me guys.:(:(:(Sorry for my bad english.:(

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I am sure it must be supporting the Mass Storage Protocol. When put in that mode it can be easily be recognized in XP or for that matter any OS.

Or you can install the PC Suite software from the CD (or download it from HTC's website).

drck

WM guru
its called microsoft activesync for xp and device manager for vista
u can not use it as mass storage device for that third party software required(5kb size freeware).. if problem persists than let me know.

Well, the problem with device being not recognized in XP can be rectified by installing activesync on the pc. its must have come with your Getting Started CD. For Vista, you need to install the Windows Mobile Device center, again, from the same CD.

As for the slow data transfer rates, first check whether the port you are connecting your device to is a HIGH SPEED USB 2.0 port or not.

If it is, then try these steps:

Goto Start>Settings>Connections>USB To PC.

Here, uncheck the checkbox : Enable Advance Network Functionality. If it is unchecked, try checking it. Also when this box will be unchecked, everytime you will connect your USB cable, you;ll see a dialog box on your device showing the status of connection being made. Then it will minimize to the system tray (the lower right corner of the screen). Dont cancel or close it, as it will end your USB connection. Try it.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I am sure it must be supporting the Mass Storage Protocol. When put in that mode it can be easily be recognized in XP or for that matter any OS.

Or you can install the PC Suite software from the CD (or download it from HTC's website).

No, for that I think you have to disable something called RDINS or something on the phone. It is some interface that uses the USB connector as a LAN I think, not sure.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I thought all phones support MSP nowadays. In all Nokia and SE phones you get an option to select the MSP mode or the PC Suite mode upon connection.

x3060

A LOTR fan
use wm5torage for transfer (best program for htc)...or get a card reader ..:),

anyways make sure to install active sync or windows mobile devices installed.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I am also having the same problem!!! In vista it works prefect, but in XP it doesn't. I have installed AS from CD then also no use..As of now I am using XP for data transfer alone..not for active sync.

Have unchecked the option from USB to PC. Will revert back the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom