HTC One X or SAMSUNG SIII

sarvanan

Broken In
FOLKS, i am planning to buy any of these two phones can you share me your idea and feedback, also let me know where do i get cheap in Mumbai, I live near thane

Thanks in advance...

Regards. Saran

LegendKiller

In the zone
Guys i am hearing lot of bad stuff about HTC service centers, especially in Delhi-Ncr Region......i am thinking of buying one-s shortly and i am worried w.r.t to this.

OP
S

sarvanan

Broken In
FOLKS, i am planning to buy any of these two phones can you share me your idea and feedback, also let me know where do i get cheap in Mumbai, I live near thane

Thanks in advance...

Regards. Saran

Folks... need your suggestion, which one?

i think i am getting iphone 4s 16gb for 36k, price willget confirmed by wed, will be best deal i feel compare to these two phones, what say ????

achyutaghosh

Journeyman

Thanks in advance...

Regards. Saran

You cant go wrong with either of the two but Between the One X and s3- i would recommend the S3. The S3 is faster, has expandable storage and replaceable battery. It has longer battery life and a host of nifty features by which it differentiates itself from other droids. The HTC has a brighter screen and built quality but falls in performance and battery life, and now i think prices are also the same- earlier the HTC was a bit cheaper. Depends on what you want from your phone.....i twiddled my thumbs over which to buy for 2 months- finally bought the S3 last month. Got the Samsung flip cover which replaces the thin OEM backcover with one which is more sturdy- now it feels great too.

OP
S

sarvanan

Broken In
You cant go wrong with either of the two but Between the One X and s3- i would recommend the S3. The S3 is faster, has expandable storage and replaceable battery. It has longer battery life and a host of nifty features by which it differentiates itself from other droids. The HTC has a brighter screen and built quality but falls in performance and battery life, and now i think prices are also the same- earlier the HTC was a bit cheaper. Depends on what you want from your phone.....i twiddled my thumbs over which to buy for 2 months- finally bought the S3 last month. Got the Samsung flip cover which replaces the thin OEM backcover with one which is more sturdy- now it feels great too.

Thanks, but you are saying S3 is better than Iphone 4s ? as i am getting both at same price, let know which one to go for

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Thanks, but you are saying S3 is better than Iphone 4s ? as i am getting both at same price, let know which one to go for

Aah- Now that you throw in an Apple in the mix we need to take a step back then because i thought you had pretty much decided on a top of the line Droid. Usually people who ask here are pretty much decided between the two platforms. Pound for pound, the S3 will whip the 4S, and in some aspects the new 5 too- so its a no brainer for a rational buyer. Again depends on what do you want? An open ecosystem with lots of customization options, great real estate (screen size) free apps, expandable memory, easy integration with existing devices then you gotta get the Droid. The Apple will also give slightly higher brand value, a lot of apps but it is the closed ecosystem that I am not a fan of- i own an iPad and hate the dependence on itunes and the paid apps, even though the app quality is probably better than Android. The 4S will also get atleast the next 2 OS upgrades, which i think the S3 will also get (JB and KLP). If i were you i would buy the S3 without any questions, but people often buy the Apple from the heart.

OP
S

sarvanan

Broken In
Thanks Man, i was getting both phone at same price s3 & iphone 4s 16g hence the twist question :) i will go for s3 as you say

ajaymailed

In the zone
Thanks in advance...
Regards. Saran
perhaps this comparison might help
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com
HTC One X over Galaxy S3
- Better Looks
- Polycarbonate Unibody Vs Cheap Plastic Feel
- 66% Brighter than S2
- Sense UI better than TouchWiz.
- Beats Audio
- Slightly better Single threaded performance

Galaxy S3 over HTC One X
- Removable Battery
- SD Card Slot+ 16/32 GB Vs 32 GB only
- Super AMOLED Vs LCD, Better performer in outdoors due to non-reflectivity of AMOLED.
- Features like S-Beam, Smart Stay, Direct Call.
- Better Camera
- Better audio, loudspeaker
- Better Battery Life
- Maali-400MP outperforms ULP GeForce

Last edited:

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Thanks Man, i was getting both phone at same price s3 & iphone 4s 16g hence the twist question :) i will go for s3 as you say

cool- remember to buy the Samsung flip cover- Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy S3 Price in India, Buy Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy S3, Reviews & Features, Samsung Mobile Accessories - Infibeam.com

The back that this cover provides is stronger than the OEM back panel

perplexed

Journeyman
cool- remember to buy the Samsung flip cover- Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy S3 Price in India, Buy Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy S3, Reviews & Features, Samsung Mobile Accessories - Infibeam.com

The back that this cover provides is stronger than the OEM back panel

anyways, the S3 model looks cr@p.. better cover it up !! :p

Top Bottom