HTC Explorer no network problem :(

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey guys. I have a LG optimus one and am pretty experienced in flashing custom roms and modding. My friend got a HTC explorer and I followed the steps in this link---> *forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1415223 to root and unlock his bootloader.

The process worked fine and he was happy for a few days. Then in a week or two he got some notification to update something(he doesnt remember exactly). He did it and restarted phone, everything was fine until after a few days he lost his radio(network). I suspected a baseband issue. I reflashed a stock indian rom from this link---> *forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569430

It worked for a day or two and again he started having network problems. No network at all. I even tried Jaggy Rom but to no avail. Please advice what I am to do...How do I get back to stock RUU/baseband.

What are the exact steps I should follow?

Thanks

----EDIT----
Tried other sim card also, so there its a phone issue and not related to the sim. Sim works properly on other phones

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
what problem exactly???

On a samsung galaxy y running creeds rom 3.5 there is a bug which shows zero network at all times whether network is at full bars or 1 bar..
is it something like this???

if it is so,try another rom.
or ask the devs at xda..they may help you better. can u make calls even when this network problem persists??

and another advice would be to flash stock rom and then take it to htc service center.

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hi Rahul,
Thanks for replying. The problem its not like the one in creeds ROM. It is not a superficial issue in the ROM. Ive tried several roms (stock and custom), the issue persisted. The problem is in the baseband which for some reason got upgraded and now I cant downgrade it. I tried asking here and on xda also but didnt get help on xda also. HTC phones have a lot of nakhra with the bootloader, and downgrading is a horribly complicated process. I tried many solutions but none worked. Finally gave up, unrooted the phone, locked the bootloader and returned it to my friend. He will go to HTC service center tmrw.

Top Bottom