HTC Explorer for 7,495 or wait for Xperia Miro/Mmx A90 ?

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Hey, looking to get a strict budget phone! (10k)

Looking for :
1. Lots of customizable stuff's, preferably custom ROM's
2. Sturdy with looks.
3. ICS upgrade somehow!

Options :
Explorer for 7.5k from HS18 Super Deal
Xperia Miro(ICS, but will release next month may be)
Micromax A90 (ICS, Super AMOLED, but Mmx :( )

PS : I do have Mmx Funbook, so a lil less inclined towards A90, but if the reviews are good, ll have to opt for it :p

Other options are welcome!

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
If you can compromise on looks then you should go for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com as Samsung has the best community support and you will get a lot of custom ROMs for your phone or you should wait for Xperia Miro.

If you don't mind buying a used phone then one of our Digit member has this thread in Bazaar section *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/161220-samsung-i9000-galaxy-s.html .This is 'THE PHONE'. I've been using my I9000 Galaxy S for 1.5 years now and right now have a Jelly Bean ROM running flawlessly on it. It has a huge amount of community support and hence a massive amount of available customization options.

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Needless, say the phone is pretty good, looks to be in a good condition, but the price is 12k for a second hand phone!
btw's it seems a NO NO to HTC Explorer ?

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
My experience with HTC phones is horrible so I would not recommend that to anyone. You could negotiate with the guy. PM him and ask if he want to cut down the price 1-2k.:)

My experience with HTC phones is horrible so I would not recommend that to anyone. You could negotiate with the guy. PM him and ask if he want to cut down the price 1-2k.:)

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Oh! I get it, will opt for a second hand device at last, will wait for others to pop up and put in their valuable feedback here. Thanks buddy, GGMU ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you want to try custom rom, go for Xperia Mini. Screen is 3" but not that small. it is actively supported by Cyanogenmod team themselves.

aroraanant

Explorer
Explorer is a very nice phone specially for the price, at the price you can get anything better than that.
And I won't suggest you to get a Micromax phone anyday.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xperia mini if you dont mind smallish screen.
xperia miro is worth the wait,but can u wait??/
and the micromax a90 is an outstanding phone on paper atleast.

Top Bottom