HTC EVO-3D or SGS-2 or iPhone-5 ?

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Everyone.

I am confused between buying HTC EVO 3D, SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 which one should I go for. How is HTC EVO 3D as a phone ? I want the best of screen size, screen/picture/display quality. Both are Android so I guess Apps and OS doesn't make much of difference. Just a after thought HTC EVO 3D is a 3D phone so offers something extra and unique as compared to SGS-2 but having said that SGS-2 also has the best of screen display till date. I am gonna watch a lot of movies and surf the Internet over my phone so keeping that in mind which one should I go for ?

Or rather should I wait for the to be launched iPhone-5 ?

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

I am confused between buying HTC EVO 3D, SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 which one should I go for. How is HTC EVO 3D as a phone ? I want the best of screen size, screen/picture/display quality. Both are Android so I guess Apps and OS doesn't make much of difference. Just a after thought HTC EVO 3D is a 3D phone so offers something extra and unique as compared to SGS-2 but having said that SGS-2 also has the best of screen display till date. I am gonna watch a lot of movies and surf the Internet over my phone so keeping that in mind which one should I go for ?

Or rather should I wait for the to be launched iPhone-5 ?

Thanks

If you can, wait for the iPhone 5 launch and then decide.

Sarath

iDota
The iphones usually trump every other phone during their release. So you can wait for it. But sometimes the wait can be endless.

iphone 4 release officialy this year in India. Looks like this one too will get delayed for an year or so.

Your best bet right now is the SGS-2. Do demo the phone. A lot of people have qualms with the build quality, that being the only complain.

sygeek

Technomancer
Unless you can wait until January-March, for the iPhone, go for SGS2.

But, if you're a fan of iPhone, just go with the current generation. A new iPhone is released every year and waiting for one each time doesn't really make sense unless the difference is less than 2 months.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
I have some friends in the U.S who I can get the Iphone-5 from ! Any speculations on what new features is the iPhone-5 gonna be coming with ?

I believe a bigger screen with the iPhone-5 is sure in the reckoning.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've checked HTC EVO 3D in a promotional event. (Samsung and HTC both put up a stall side by side and were shouting on their top with hot models (human model) )

Its big mobile. A bit heavy than SGS2.
Metal body.
I've not checked 3D display so can't comment on it.
If you have seen MIUI ROM for android then that is what its interface is.

Read the spec and noticed it still doesn't support FLAC in stock player.

I'm a fanboy of Galaxy (I own a SGS) but I liked the EVO 3D one. Check it out in your nearest store (croma, reliance digital)

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
I've checked HTC EVO 3D in a promotional event. (Samsung and HTC both put up a stall side by side and were shouting on their top with hot models (human model) )

Its big mobile. A bit heavy than SGS2.
Metal body.
I've not checked 3D display so can't comment on it.
If you have seen MIUI ROM for android then that is what its interface is.

Read the spec and noticed it still doesn't support FLAC in stock player.

I'm a fanboy of Galaxy (I own a SGS) but I liked the EVO 3D one. Check it out in your nearest store (croma, reliance digital)

Yes, Even I am talking about the same promotional event in a suburban Mall in Mumbai where the HTC guys had put up a stall with some pretty hot chics and there is where even I saw the HTC EVO 3D and I also saw a 3D demo of it playing the 3D content. And believe me I was kind of blown away by the idea of having a 3D on your phone :shock: though it didn't look as impressive as you would probably want to watch it on a Big cinema screen or a 3D TV but it surely was a mind blowing concept !! The only Hitch is, there is not really enough 3D content available as yet, so say for e.g if you wanna watch a movie in 3D I don't know what is the source these guys are relying on...But the 3D on Phone felt a unique experience !! Nothing to take way from that fact :shock:

But I read somewhere if some one wants to go for a 3D phone. LG-Optimus 3D is a better deal over the EVO 3D. I have yet not checked out the LG one so dont really know.

Last edited:

VivekJadhav

Right off the assembly line
Samsung Note is slated for release this year as well as per news on gsmarena, if your main aim is to watch movies and stuff this one could be a good option as well.

I have some friends in the U.S who I can get the Iphone-5 from ! Any speculations on what new features is the iPhone-5 gonna be coming with ?

Rumors will end on Oct 4 :p

*cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/vodafone-625x261.jpg

From the speculations, its gonna be 4" 8mp camera and dual core A5 chip. Since, you have contacts I would suggest to wait.

You should read this about the SGS2 vs iPhone 4 which is explained as in "needs". Quite useful article.

Why I Switched Back To iPhone 4 From My Beloved Samsung Galaxy S2

From the build part, I have used SGS2 and its so plasticky!! Feels like crap when comparing to my iPhone 4 single piece of awesome build!

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
Nobody here is talking about the HTC EVO 3D. Looks like, perhaps no one else has seen that phone yet except for me :-|

HTC had organised a promotional event that happened some days back in the Oberoi Mall Mumbai. Looks like not many people have been able to see it.

mukeshgupta

Broken In

Apple has invited reporters to an iPhone-related event Oct. 4, setting the stage for the widely anticipated launch of iPhone 5. So it's advisable to wait for a week before you decide.

But if you are interested in a 3D phone then iPhone 5 is out of contention. Evo would be a good choice.

Nobody here is talking about the HTC EVO 3D. Looks like, perhaps no one else has seen that phone yet except for me :-|

HTC had organised a promotional event that happened some days back in the Oberoi Mall Mumbai. Looks like not many people have been able to see it.

I never like the concept of 3D phones, plus HTC is known for bad battery phones. That's why I stay away from HTC phones but thats just my personal opinion.

Sarath

iDota
Personally, I would go for the s2. It is just a lovely piece of mobile phone. Though the 3d functionality of the htc is quite interesting, I do not see to be used that much until more years of dedicated development.

I think that the iPhone 5 is just surrounded by hype and I would be keen to know what new things they could come up with. Apple still has a huge fan base and you would get a bonus cool factor should you get one, but I am not that moved with how it is going to stand a powerful droid.

Apple's huge fan base is not solely because of the hardware they have on offer or the iOS. It is the support of the developers who push in more apps for the idevices than anything else.

I have an xperia arc and if I could I wouldn't mind switching it for the iphone 5 if it has a 4" screen. I am not happy with the app market of the android. Hence I am suggesting the iphone.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
Apple's huge fan base is not solely because of the hardware they have on offer or the iOS. It is the support of the developers who push in more apps for the idevices than anything else.

I have an xperia arc and if I could I wouldn't mind switching it for the iphone 5 if it has a 4" screen. I am not happy with the app market of the android. Hence I am suggesting the iphone.

Yes People, I think I am gonna have a very very tough time decide between the SGS-2 and iPhone-5 should the iPhone come out with 4 Inches. Anything less than that, the iPhone will be out of contention for me so...I pray God, give me good sense which helps me decide between these two... :shock:

Amen !!

Empirial

Youngling
I'd suggest you to buy Optimus 3D from ebay available for around 29k. GsmArena once mentioned that the Screen quality of O3D is far better then Evo. Also, O3D can play 1080p mkv like SGS2 whereas Evo is fine upto 720p mkv via 3rd party player but 1080p mkv lags.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
Yes People, I think I am gonna have a very very tough time decide between the SGS-2 and iPhone-5 should the iPhone come out with 4 Inches. Anything less than that, the iPhone will be out of contention for me so...I pray God, give me good sense which helps me decide between these two... :shock:

Amen !!

The iPhone5 is rumored to come with a bigger screen than then 4. So you may be in luck.

Top Bottom