htc desire-z or sumthng else???

tousif

Journeyman
hie guys i have finalised my decision to buy an htc desire-z.
wats ur opinion over that. i wud like to hear it frm u.
can u suggest some other gud android devices in this price range..

i selected desire-z for its qwerty keypad and i love the slider form factor.
so plzzz can u give ur advice on te phone or cud u suggest sumthng better than this???

my only requirment is slider qwerty keypad...but if i find othr gr8 device then i can think to opt for tht too...

Soumik

Padawan
hmm.. other than the UI, i think Moto Milestone is a better phone than HTC Desire Z. And its cheaper too. The Z hinge seems to be prone to damage according to reviews.

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
Bt i guess milestone still uses android 2.1 wich is pretty odd.. And i hatemotorola in terms of service.

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
that deal is nw finished. the producht is nw out of stock at saholic

but androidfan can u tell me more abt the desire-z. and abt the performance of the phne.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
that deal is nw finished. the producht is nw out of stock at saholic

but androidfan can u tell me more abt the desire-z. and abt the performance of the phne.

HTC Desire Z is a very good phone. Better than iPhone 3GS. Think of it as a tweaked HTC Desire with a slide-out keyboard.

*www.blogcdn.com/mobile.engadget.com/media/2010/11/desirezhero.jpg

Its got a 3.7" capacitive screen, 800 MHz processor, 5 MP camera, 720p video recording, 4-row keyboard...

Only 1300 mAh battery... thats very small for such a large and powerful phone...

Some people have complained that the slide out mechanism loosens out over time. The keyboard pops out even when you are holding the phone.

At 23k, its too expensive and not worth the money. IMO you should get it only if you can get a massive discount...

Review: HTC Desire Z review -- Engadget Mobile

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The problem with D:Z is that the hinge is not that well built. If all you need is a qwerty, then check these:

1. Nokia N900 (maemo)
2. Nokia N950 developer edition (meego but not easy to get one as there is no retail sale)
3. BB Bold 3 9800
4. Motorola Milestone

D

Deleted member 118788

My Advice Is To Go With HTC Desire HD or HTC Desire. Not Z One

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
hey guys wat if i put a thousand bucks more and look for lg optimus 2x(at 24k).. is the phone worth buying...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ only if you are ready to do all kind or rooting & flashing stuff. O2X is best HW you can find for 25k but software part is yet to be fixed.

if you can, go for it. powerful H/W makes it future ready.

Terabyte

In the zone
Also O2X comes with Froyo and not Gingerbread. Although GB update will be available for it but dunno when!

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
^^ only if you are ready to do all kind or rooting & flashing stuff. O2X is best HW you can find for 25k but software part is yet to be fixed.

if you can, go for it. powerful H/W makes it future ready.

M nt fully ready for the rooting kinda stuff... I need a phne from which m fully satisfied... It was desire-z bt coz of its z hinge m looking for some diffrnt option which gives the best UI and is easy. If i am ready to spend huge bucks for a phne then i need a fully satisfactory device

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you can, wait. gingerbread update on Optimus 2X should fix most of the problems. or just visit XDA's O2X thread & check if LG released new update to fix the reboot problem.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
M nt fully ready for the rooting kinda stuff... I need a phne from which m fully satisfied... It was desire-z bt coz of its z hinge m looking for some diffrnt option which gives the best UI and is easy. If i am ready to spend huge bucks for a phne then i need a fully satisfactory device

Forget about the qwerty and check these:

1. Desire S
2. Galaxy S
3. SE Xperia Arc

Soumik

Padawan
^^ No, but it looks almost the same. :D
Z-Hinge didnt look the most trustworthy. Thats y i dont like Desire Z. If you want slide out qwerty, get Milestone or N900.
N950 is ideal, but it wont have retail availability. :(
I am not sure, but Froyo update is available for Milestone as far as i know.

Top Bottom