HP's new Laptop dv6-6140tx NO INFO on any site !!!!!!!

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
@arsenalfan001
i want to know the specs of your lap,
saw the same lap at croma but the specs were wrong,
available for 49k.
how is the gaming performance ?

Tejas, what do you mean by specs were wrong? Please elaborate.
The specs are in my signature.
And this is the link from HP website HP 6140tx

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
the specs available with croma were wrong,
thanks for the update, finally its on the hp site.

i am about to buy the lap tomorrow or day after, confused whether to go with 6140tx or 6121tx, any suggestions?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
6121 has 2GB GDDR5 6770. 6140 has 1GB GDDR5 6770.
6121 has 640GB hard disk. 6140 has 500GB hard disk.
6121 has Win 7 Home premium. 6140 has Win 7 Home Basic.

Difference is graphics card memory is not an issue, this card is not going to utilize even 1GB.
For a larger hard disk and Win 7 home premium you will have to pay 3-4K more. Is it worth it? For me, No. So I went with 6140.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
6140TX | 6121TX
6770M 1GB|6770M 2GB
500GB HDD|640GB HDD
VGA out|VGA & HDMI out
W7 Basic|W7 Premium
Rs 49000|Rs 53000

Last edited:

mekanik

Broken In

Hey tejasxs i see you have this laptop.. Do you mind posting some pics esp of the ports on both sides and the keyboard. It very hard to get pic of this laptop even with so many owners. i read from other thread. :neutral:

Also is there a optical or coaxial out on this laptop?

P.S: Whats with random GK questions for everpost!!

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
Sadly 1080p anti-glare screen isn't available in India.

hey! just found out that 1920 x 1080 screen is available with hp...

it comes with dv6-6120tx...link

HP Pavilion dv6-6120tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QB366PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Yes it is. Sadly the graphics card is not good enough to game at fullHD. And the price is too much for that config considering the 6140/6121 are similarly priced and has a lot better specs.

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
Hey tejasxs i see you have this laptop.. Do you mind posting some pics esp of the ports on both sides and the keyboard. It very hard to get pic of this laptop even with so many owners. i read from other thread. :neutral:

try this link

just saving my efforts, thanx to xtremevicky709.
both 6017tx & 6121tx have the same look.

sumit269

Broken In
arsenalfan..

whats the battery life that u are getting with normal usage and not gaming? can we switch between intel hd and ati graphics to save battery?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Sumit, with intel gpu and hp recommended power plan, I am getting around 4 hours battery backup. All the time my display was on, I was surfing internet. Actually the numbers are far better than my last laptop, dv6-2164tx, based on older gen i7 and gt 230. with 2164tx, I used to get 1.5 hours backup at most.
You can use intel gpu to save battery.

kausarayub

Broken In

coming soon .. me 2:oops::cry:

Thanks guys. Planning a for a review, I do not have much free time now, IT job sucks :x

:razz:

Sumit, with intel gpu and hp recommended power plan, I am getting around 4 hours battery backup. All the time my display was on, I was surfing internet. Actually the numbers are far better than my last laptop, dv6-2164tx, based on older gen i7 and gt 230. with 2164tx, I used to get 1.5 hours backup at most.
You can use intel gpu to save battery.

congrats for ur 2nd dv6..

i remember sm1 asked me hv i ever seen any1 buying an another dv6..or hp..
vl u suggest me to buy 6121 ?????
any problem with urs????????

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Problems, yes. For the last HP, battery was gone in 6-7 months. But after one phone call a replacement was delivered to my office. Other than that, I had no problem with last one.
If you are into gaming and you have a budget of around 50K, go for 6121tx/6140tx eyes closed.

Last edited:

kausarayub

Broken In
Problems, yes. For the last HP, battery was gone in 6-7 months. But after one phone call a replacement was delivered to my office. Other than that, I had no problem with last one.
If you are into gaming and you have a budget of around 50K, go for 6121tx/6140tx eyes closed.

hmmmmmmmmm thanks

sumit269

Broken In

saw dv4-3016tx besides the dv6-6140tx today.. finalized the latter.. will be buying over the weekend..

btw arsenalfan.. what accessories did u manage to get along with it?

//off topic: ur team in trouble.. cesc gone.. :p

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I purchased my 6140 from Croma. They had four options, 1. Killer goodies (deo, wristwatch etc. BS stuff for me), 2. Mouse, headphone, cleaning kit - again useless, 3. HP Printer and 4. none and get rs.1000 off.
My gf insisted me to take the printer, God knows why, so opted for option 3 :(

CESC gone? any link? AFC website has not yet confirmed, hopefully he will be here. But without any new CB, no chance of winning any trophy

Top Bottom