HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

why do u people keep saying WEI is not a benchmark..just curious..

Because it presents wrong result. One fellow saying- "my friend has got 4gb ram and I've 6gb, still he has better score". That's wei.

duke123

In the zone

Because it presents wrong result. One fellow saying- "my friend has got 4gb ram and I've 6gb, still he has better score". That's wei.

but windows says WEI is determined by lowest sub score..so 6GB guys may still get lower score..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)

I own a G6 1301tx with Win 7...Earlier it used to show three to four access points.First the access point nearest to my room disappeared.Then today a farther access point disappeared and I'm left with no connectivity.
What I cannot understand is how WiFi access pointss can disappear on its own??
My DV6 and my Samsung S3 shows those networks and this issue is exclusive to my laptop.
I tried updating my drivers,uninstalling device from device manager,physically removing the module and resetting it,but it still did not solve the issue.
Please help friends

anuj kumar

Broken In

is there any one who is using windows 8.1 in their lappy...share which drivers you have to updated..

Guruprasad.k.n

Right off the assembly line

hello guys , i'm new to this forum...

I'm planning to buy HP G6 2301AX or HPG6 2314AX laptop....

can you guys please guide me about its performance and lifetime ...

If it's not a good one suggest me with another one.....

Budget 25k-35k

Last edited:

Hey guys, will increasing the RAM of HP G6 2005AX (last year model) improve gaming performance on the HD7640M+7670G Graphics? Somewhere i heard that the video memory is shared,and the graphic card is eating up the 4GB RAM(only 3.48GB usable,as shown in System info). Moreover my laptop has beco,e very slow, Chrome take almost 5 secs to open these days.
How easy is it to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB, should i let HP Service centre do it? Whats the cost? What variety or specs should i go for?

Secondly, which ports are 3.0 ports? there are 2 USB ports on the left and 1 USB port on the right next to power plug,which ones are 3.0 ?

Thirdly,Which Laptop cooler is most ideal since only the top left GPU area gets hot.And i mean very very hot.

sengalraja

Broken In

Recently got windows 8.1 installed on my hp g6 2301 ax but for some reason core temp shows 0 celsius always on all my cores and the fan is running continuously even when it doesn't need to at low temperatures. This is really worrying me or is it some faulty driver issue??

Guruprasad.k.n

Right off the assembly line

Hey I am also planning to purchase HP g6 2301AX ...
Please give some suggestion about the lifetime and performance of the laptop
Also look at HP g6 2314 AX ..

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Moreover my laptop has beco,e very slow, Chrome take almost 5 secs to open these days.
How easy is it to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB
Whats the cost?

Secondly, which ports are 3.0 ports?
there are 2 USB ports on the left and 1 USB port on the right next to power plug,which ones are 3.0 ?

Thirdly,Which Laptop cooler is most ideal since only the top left GPU area gets hot.And i mean very very hot.

May be time for a clean up, try jetclean/CCleaner. Do you have any AV ?? may be thats the reason of slowing
Upgrading is dead easy..
4GB stick costs around 2.5k I guess.

Ports on left are both 3.0 & right one is 2.0

None.
I used Notepal U2 for a while but didn't find a significant change, rather i helps a lot in dust accumulation.. :-D

Guys do i need to deauthorise my win 8 (on G6-2005ax) before format + reinstall??

mohsin2cool

Broken In
Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

im on windows 8.1 x64 bit, i was using 13.4 version of amd drivers but unfortunately they didnt got successfully installed, thn i went to amd website directly and downloaded lates 13.11 beta 6 drivers, but still thy didnt work ,although it got installed but my cpu is making huge noises which happens due to this.

kindly direct me to working drivers
my lappy is g6-2005ax

im on windows 8.1 x64 bit, i was using 13.4 version of amd drivers but unfortunately they didnt got successfully installed, thn i went to amd website directly and downloaded lates 13.11 beta 6 drivers, but still thy didnt work ,although it got installed but my cpu is making huge noises which happens due to this.

kindly direct me to working drivers
my lappy is g6-2005ax

Seems like the correct driver you are using there, I have been using the 13.9 on my system and its working fine, no heating or fan noises, are you sure that its not working/is the driver properly installed, I would suggest using the amd system monitor application to verify the same, it can tell you if both the GPUs are working properly or not. Then if the problem persists, I would suggest to clean install the drivers.

sengalraja

Broken In

Everyone has been facing this issue. Its a BIOS issue and you have no choice but to wait till HP releases BIOS update for windows 8.1.

jassi32

Broken In

can any1 post a link to new amd catalyst driver , which are working flawless , no problems .....
i am on 13.4 via OP link .....

hellscream666

Broken In
and HP does it again lol... was working smoothly on my G6-2005AX and poof it all went off. No response on startup, just the power button light was on.

After harassing the HP support for 2 days, they decided to send a personnel onsite to check and voila .. motherboard has to be replaced. There goes another 15k :(

aAdirulz

Broken In
Guys I require ur help I m a owner of HP pavilion G62005ax
but by bro unfortunately installed a Windows 7 ultimate(pirated)
n after some few months got to face problems (may be viruses coz he uses lots of torrent)
but the saddest part is that i didnot make any recovery cd so how can i get back to pre-installed Windows 7 n ya my recovery partition is not deleted yet but i m not able to find HP recovery manager or so
______________Plz help me _____________________

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get yourself a Windows 7 HomePremium ISO and install it in trial mode. then use the key to get the full version. Not sure if Ultimate can be downgraded to Home Premium.

Top Bottom