HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

nikdesign4u

Broken In
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

7670m seems to be better than 8670m, because 7670m has 128bit memory bus resulting higher memory bandwidth.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

by that logic even lenovo z500 with 64bit 740m should be slower than 7670m .....

One shouldn't compare different architecture GPUs like that. If you compare 2 GPUs of same line up, then it's fine, otherwise not.

nikdesign4u

Broken In

bought e001ax from reliance digital store for Rs. 40990/-
came home happily and started the laptop and there is a white spot on it. :(

what to do??

RON28

Cyborg Agent

bought e001ax from reliance digital store for Rs. 40990/-
came home happily and started the laptop and there is a white spot on it. :(

what to do??
may be its a dead pixel, tomorrow immediately go to shop and replace it. you should have checked it at shop only.

nikdesign4u

Broken In

i checked it at the shop... but i didn't observe it that time.
Later I came home and saw it on the white background otherwise it's not easily visible on colored background.

powerstarprince

In the zone

It might be dust sometimes.. use a thin cloth and rub it against ur nail. Happened to me twice on two different laptops.. thought they were dead pixel and i used udpixel software to flash the dark spot . Atlast they were off when i cleaned the screen.
If it's really a white dead pixel return ur lappy for a new one.

nikdesign4u

Broken In

No, its not dust. Tried to clean it few times. Called hp customer care in the morning. There is a 15days replacement policy for brand new laptop and mine was not even 24hrs old. Call center girl told me to mail scanned copy of purchase invoice to india.kv@hp.com for purchase verification. Within 3-4 working days, they will replace this laptop with new one. :D

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Definitely there's something wrong with your HDD. Poor doesn't mean that its bad.. the hangs might occur due to a slow processor also.. as was the case in my laptop, where it showed hdd health status as poor and with amd neo processor for an old laptop.. everything wasn't smooth.. adding the heat factor also to it.

As u said it occured all of a sudden due a crash.. and from the point that it cannot boot windows from start tells that there might be bad sectors created for your OS drive. I recommend you to download latest Hiren's Boot CD tools and run one or all of the HDD Diagnostic tests and let it clean or remove bad sectors from HDD. Having more bad sectors for a mechanical drive can continue to increase the risks of a HDD failure in the near future.

I downloaded and booted up my computer using Herens bootCD and I just didn't what do to after that , in order to repair my HDD. Can you please tell me what do I do, in order to repair it?

powerstarprince

In the zone

What all HDD diagnostic tools do u find in them. For me a couple of them didn't work.. and i couldn't help it.
First i tried MHDD 4.6 which didn't work.. then HDAT2 4.53 also didn't work i guess. I did the HDD regenerator which worked well.
I have slightly customized version of Hiren's bootcd. You may not have the same tools or could even have a few extras, depends on what download u have done. afaik MHDD n HDAT2 are advanced tools.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

What all HDD diagnostic tools do u find in them. For me a couple of them didn't work.. and i couldn't help it.
First i tried MHDD 4.6 which didn't work.. then HDAT2 4.53 also didn't work i guess. I did the HDD regenerator which worked well.
I have slightly customized version of Hiren's bootcd. You may not have the same tools or could even have a few extras, depends on what download u have done. afaik MHDD n HDAT2 are advanced tools.

*i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv231/sam9953/DSC_0106_zpsebdc29dc.jpg
Please see this photo and tell me which option am I suppose to select in order to repair my stupid internal HDD.

powerstarprince

In the zone

Click on More..

see this Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD » www.hiren.info

You shud be having all these hard disk tools.

Any G6 users here have Ralink rt5390 wifi card? I have it in my g4 and its too slow. It drops connection occasionally and fluctuates a lot.
The signal strength keeps dropping to 2 or 1. The max i have seen it was at 3/5 and 54mbps speed according to my router.
All other devices in my home are working well and have fast internet but only my laptop has slow net. Sometimes pages can't even load and its worse for online gaming where ping rates and connection should be always steady.

If they have the same ralink card.. could u please post ur opinion on it and how good is the connection,signal strength and internet speed when wireless is turned on? According to me and most other views over the internet, this card is really bad and defective.
The 1T1R model on it and low power consumption mode are the major drawbacks for it.

nikdesign4u

Broken In

played few games on e001ax

crysis 2: gamer settings, 28-30 fps, max temp 81c
COD black ops: medium setting 32-35fps, max temp 83c
dirt 3: high settings (post processing at low) 45-50 fps, max temp 78c

xs.dhaval

Broken In

I used ASTRA32 and all I could figure out was that it said "HDD Health : Poor" . Now what should I do? Please tell me ways to repair this HDD, I don't want to shell out RS 4500 for giving it to HP.

@Shadow

OK, to determine if you have a bad HDD, how did you use your laptop?

How much did you download? I mean, did you keep it 24x7 on to download stuff?

GAMEHUTTAN

Right off the assembly line

I have a g6 2301ax, bought it on last February. Just now i upgraded the Ram modules with a 4 giga and a 2 giga (now using Samsung Dimms with same speed as old rams,before i used 2x2 Giga of Dimms from HP). The problem is, windows experience index for graphics is now ridiculously reduced some points.I had a wish about 7.2 points for memory actions while i upgrading the ram,but failed. I am running on latest bios and latest beta driver for VGA.
can anyone say the reason behind the change in windows experience index.

View attachment 12116

View attachment 12118

View attachment 12117

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

^WEI is not a benchmark. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT consider it as a benchmark. It represents half baked story.

GAMEHUTTAN

Right off the assembly line

yes...i know man,still ma lappy performs like a beast...but am just confused behind the results.Thats why i posted like that.Still am searching for a correct answer behind...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

yes...i know man,still ma lappy performs like a beast...but am just confused behind the results.Thats why i posted like that.Still am searching for a correct answer behind...

Wrong questions do not have a correct answer.

not your question, rather creation of wei by ms.

powerstarprince

In the zone

You can edit the wei scores by yourself if u want all to be 7.9 or 8 or wateva.

I see a more powerful card have 6.5 and mine's 6.8 and the scores keep changing for different laptops even though the component is identical in both. So u shouldn't care much about the score.

Top Bottom