HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Re: Fix overheating problems

Actually, I would love to follow that, but I think it's safer to let the warranty get over first...still 4 months left on mine...

I called HP care and they gave a service center ID. However, when I went there, they flatly refused to take it in just for cleaning and started playing the games on my laptop for "checking heating problems" right in front of me...Then they said that it would take 3-4 days in their center to clean up and give a performance and hardware check for the laptop...

Now I just have to call them and demand on-site cleaning...

That's real bad. You can't do it yourself coz it would void the warranty and they won't do it for you. So what's the use of a warranty!!

--------------------------------------------------------

What are you guys getting with the Rs. 2000 coupon that Flipkart has been giving with these laptops? I'm thinking of getting myself a speaker. Nothing very useful is available, the speaker seems to be the best choice.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

There's no RAM. The whole list is useless. A few headsets (I already have), mouse (I got with the laptop), USB speaker (thinking about this), ink cartridge (not compatible with my printer) and carry cases (I don't need and they are too expensive).

jassi32

Broken In

one ques for this laptop , i have this for more than 8 months now.
how many HD videos can you guys play at 1 moment ( 720p ) n (1080p) .......
i can't play more than 3-4 (720p) videos at 1 moment , it starts lagging afterwards .......
i am asking coz when i buyed i remembered playing 7-8 (720p) videos without lag ......

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

one ques for this laptop , i have this for more than 8 months now.
how many HD videos can you guys play at 1 moment ( 720p ) n (1080p) .......
i can't play more than 3-4 (720p) videos at 1 moment , it starts lagging afterwards .......
i am asking coz when i buyed i remembered playing 7-8 (720p) videos without lag ......

Never tried so many...
Depends on which GPU you use & what is active power plan I guess

Actually, I would love to follow that, but I think it's safer to let the warranty get over first...still 4 months left on mine...

I called HP care and they gave a service center ID. However, when I went there, they flatly refused to take it in just for cleaning and started playing the games on my laptop for "checking heating problems" right in front of me...Then they said that it would take 3-4 days in their center to clean up and give a performance and hardware check for the laptop...

Now I just have to call them and demand on-site cleaning...

You should have called HP and told that you were facing overheating issues. They would have send an engineer right away. Worked for me. :bananana:

parth1993

Broken In

i am using a pavilion g6 2005ax , my laptop takes to much time to boot up . i am using avg free edition and i closed unnecessary startup programs but still it is taking to much time . and one more question how do i update my ccc ? there is no option of update in 13.4 version , is there any new version available after 13.4? on hp website it is suggesting me mobility catalyst control center when i enter my model no. and driver details,help me
thanks

abhishekmaha

Broken In

Can anybody help me install Ubuntu on my laptop? I want to get a better operating system for the laptop:lol:...I haven't actually tried anything as of yet, but have the DVD burned and ready...Awaiting valuable comments...

BTW, what's the support for AMD Crossfire on Ubuntu? I have the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit version...Searching throught the thread takes too much time...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Can anybody help me install Ubuntu on my laptop? I want to get a better operating system for the laptop:lol:...I haven't actually tried anything as of yet, but have the DVD burned and ready...Awaiting valuable comments...

BTW, what's the support for AMD Crossfire on Ubuntu? I have the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit version...Searching throught the thread takes too much time...

You can install ubuntu in two ways: the easy way, using wubi. It installs like any other software you do in windows and uses windows boot loader to dual boot.

The hard (not such) way, to boot from ubuntu bootable media and partitioning, and blah blah stuffs to install Ubuntu, and dual boot using GRUB boot loader.

Regarding crossfire, switchable graphics is still to see a support from AMD for linux. dGPU works by default, which you can disable to use iGPU.

mohsin2cool

Broken In
Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

i recently installed win 8.1 pro, somebody also had posted new drivers for amd laptops 13.5 version something....downloaded and installed thm.. but my fan was making noises as it makes whn drivers are not installed so i thought to remove thm and install 13.4 version back, but the noise is still thr.. can anybody guide me what to do..
i hv g6-2005ax, had a full service in june to clean the fan etc.. plz help
@sam

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Hello guys, its been nearly 2 weeks since my laptop suddenly suffered a strange and sudden HDD crash. Everything was going fine, my HP G62005ax was working so well and now suddenly each time I boot it says : unable to boot please insert disk , and after somehow it does boot. The biggest problem and the reason why I am creating this thread is that my laptop just keeps HANGING now and works VERY SLOW. After every few minutes it hangs, I don't exactly know if the there is a problem with the HDD or what the problem is exactly because I have reformatted my laptop with the factory settings like three times and each time this problem occurs and also when I used ScanDisk it showed no error.
And biggest problem is that my laptop is no more under warranty. Please help me to solve this extreme slow speed and this "unable to boot" error.

powerstarprince

In the zone

your hard disk seems like dying or so.. its not easy to save them but u can install astra sys info and check condition of it.
May be u should buy a new hdd if the above line is claimed correct.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

your hard disk seems like dying or so.. its not easy to save them but u can install astra sys info and check condition of it.
May be u should buy a new hdd if the above line is claimed correct.

Which software did you mention, can you please expand and tell me more about it?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

I used ASTRA32 and all I could figure out was that it said "HDD Health : Poor" . Now what should I do? Please tell me ways to repair this HDD, I don't want to shell out RS 4500 for giving it to HP.

@Shadow

powerstarprince

In the zone

Definitely there's something wrong with your HDD. Poor doesn't mean that its bad.. the hangs might occur due to a slow processor also.. as was the case in my laptop, where it showed hdd health status as poor and with amd neo processor for an old laptop.. everything wasn't smooth.. adding the heat factor also to it.

As u said it occured all of a sudden due a crash.. and from the point that it cannot boot windows from start tells that there might be bad sectors created for your OS drive. I recommend you to download latest Hiren's Boot CD tools and run one or all of the HDD Diagnostic tests and let it clean or remove bad sectors from HDD. Having more bad sectors for a mechanical drive can continue to increase the risks of a HDD failure in the near future.

nikdesign4u

Broken In

Planning to buy a laptop urgently.. budget 40k
Usage : occasional gaming, programming, photoshop, corel, etc..
confused between following 2
HP Pavilion G6-2312AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com or HP Pavilion 15-e001AX Notebook (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

and also hows HP On-site service in mumbai, thane??

anaklusmos

Youngling

Planning to buy a laptop urgently.. budget 40k
Usage : occasional gaming, programming, photoshop, corel, etc..
confused between following 2
HP Pavilion G6-2312AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com or HP Pavilion 15-e001AX Notebook (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

and also hows HP On-site service in mumbai, thane??

Between these two ? HP Pavilion 15-e001AX Notebook (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com no doubt about it.... its better in every single way

Top Bottom