HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

rouble

Journeyman
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

@nikufellow I also think waiting is a better option now.There's no hurry.Can wait for 1-2 months.
Will buy in July if everything is upto the plan..

hiteshlastm

Broken In

hmmm....I guess this Particular laptops are loosing their fame now,
For me- the battery is giving not more than a 2 - 2:30 hours of backup from the very first day while it should be around 4 hours, while normal browsing and youtube, FB etc.....@ lowest clock rate and energy saving profile with WIFI on.

heat is not a problem for me anymore as HP have already replaced the thermal paste and once the cleaning is done....I can't say about the Intel Laptops but this particular one do not heats up dat bad. (2010AX)

Till now, WIFI adapter got replaced, Dolby speakers replacement done, Definitely HP lacks quality but I'd rate their service a 7/109 (-3 for not considering my battery backup problem), thks to HP but Im afraid what will happen when the warranty will get over, spending a extra 6K to extend warranty is just not done for me, also Im confused on how will I react when they will make me pay a 1000 Rs just for a visit and a huge chunk for repairs..........:3

Moral of the Story- Buy any freaking laptop in the market, whether cheap or expensive no matter what configuration/ features you want or whatever the company is, Laptops are fragile piece of equipment.........GET YOURSELF A THREE YEAR WARRANTY COVER as they are making cheap electronics components day by day and they are not that solid and robust as they were before....
GET YOURSELF A DAMN GOOD CHEAP ASS LONG LIFE PC FOR EXTREME GAMING.....ALL I CAN SAY IS I LOVE MY DESKTOP <3

Also, It will be very kind if someone post the links/pics of disassembling this particular laptops series

cause we all wanna clean it up after the warranty period will be over :) ......

Sandeep Roy

Broken In

Guys I'm fu**ed.. In serious mess
I bought 2005ax less than 10months ago.
Was having problem with "plugged in, not charging". Customer Care seemed top notch and sent me a bios update. Called me 3days later and told me to update the bios and give feedback, so I, despite being a noobie tried to update the bios. After 80% of bios update, the laptop shut down suddenly(perhaps due to overheating, not sure). Since then, all I'm getting when turning on is a blank screen with fan rotating at full speed(maybe processor running too) and no other response. The LED on the power button and wifi button is ON and no other response. By no response, I mean nothing.. The fan is just running and the laptop is getting heated with blank screen, no keys responding, not even the power button. Only way to turn it off is to remove the battery.
So, i contacted the customer care again and reported the problem. The one giving assistance took his time and told me a mechanic is coming to replace my motherboard. Why motherboard? Everything was running perfectly just 2hrs ago, its my mess up with bios that screwed up. Anyway, m not sure if motherboard replacement can fix it and I really hope he can fix the problem anyhow cz I'm gonna be die of boredom if it doesnt get fixed soon. He is supposed to come in 3days. Any suggestions/knowledge/views regarding this will be very helpful.
Also, not being greedy, what are the terms of a complete replacement of a HP laptop in India? They should replace it if they cant fix it right? cz I havent misuse, or broken any rules, havent tweaked and abided by their suggestions.. I would gladly accept if my laptop is fixed though

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Guys I'm fu**ed.. In serious mess
I bought 2005ax less than 10months ago.
Was having problem with "plugged in, not charging". Customer Care seemed top notch and sent me a bios update. Called me 3days later and told me to update the bios and give feedback, so I, despite being a noobie tried to update the bios. After 80% of bios update, the laptop shut down suddenly(perhaps due to overheating, not sure). Since then, all I'm getting when turning on is a blank screen with fan rotating at full speed(maybe processor running too) and no other response. The LED on the power button and wifi button is ON and no other response. By no response, I mean nothing.. The fan is just running and the laptop is getting heated with blank screen, no keys responding, not even the power button. Only way to turn it off is to remove the battery.
So, i contacted the customer care again and reported the problem. The one giving assistance took his time and told me a mechanic is coming to replace my motherboard. Why motherboard? Everything was running perfectly just 2hrs ago, its my mess up with bios that screwed up. Anyway, m not sure if motherboard replacement can fix it and I really hope he can fix the problem anyhow cz I'm gonna be die of boredom if it doesnt get fixed soon. He is supposed to come in 3days. Any suggestions/knowledge/views regarding this will be very helpful.
Also, not being greedy, what are the terms of a complete replacement of a HP laptop in India? They should replace it if they cant fix it right? cz I havent misuse, or broken any rules, havent tweaked and abided by their suggestions.. I would gladly accept if my laptop is fixed though

motherboard's bios chip is gone. so they will replace the mobo rather than fix the bios chip. this has happened with some other member also and after motherboard replacement the laptop booted fine. AFAIK, laptops are usually not replaced though definitely possible.

if possible get yourself some quality TIM and ask the technician to apply a fresh coat on the processor to fix the heating problem at the same time.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)

My brother's dv6 was replaced by another dv6 as some issue was remaining unsolved by hp.....Most probably it was data loss issue...Even after replacing every component, OS used to get erased within 2-3 days...HP also kept the laptop with them for a week, and then gave him a brand new laptop.
2.In my college, a dv4 model fell from the rooftop of a hostel, and it was in such a condition where only a RAM module survived.Under ADP, HP gave him a new m6 with similar configuration.
3.Dell also replaced my friends Inspiron 15R 5520 with Inspiron 5521...However we had to literally fight with dell over phone to get that done; they had once even suggested us to go to consumer court...
My point is that they do have provision for laptop replacement; Its easier with HP; If u face a similar issue repeatedly, you can ask them for a laptop replacement.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

2.In my college, a dv4 model fell from the rooftop of a hostel, and it was in such a condition where only a RAM module survived.Under ADP, HP gave him a new m6 with similar configuration.

Extreme of ADP...
He's one lucky guy

Damn man! What was your friend trying to do
Okay.But about the heating issues I hear about the laptop.Is it really that bad or just like normal laptops.
what is the longevity of the lappy as the above post of @mikael_schiffer has got me really worried.
Right now your best option is to wait.

Hey guys, i bought my G6 2005ax last year.
Starting, it was pretty ok, for 6months... But starting this summer, it overheats like crazy. Games like Crysis 2 doesnt last more than 20-30mins as it overheats and shuts down!!
The Hp Coolsense app opens but all i see is a small white unclickable window, as if its hanged.
Moreover my battery doesnt even last 1 hour of Dota game over wifi.

Since its a budget laptop, i guess its not meant to function properly for more than 1yr. I bought this aftr recomendation from Digit forums, but i am quiet upset by its "Long-term" condition ..its like the laptop has surrendered. Maybe the Graphic card was too much for its cheap parts :'(

Can anyone help me with the temperature problem.?? Shall i open it with screws? Warranty period is gone since its over a yr old!
Why do all AMD laptops overheat ?? !! And its so noisy, while watching movies it will roar as if im playin high end games like Dishonored or Skyrim . Oh ya, the laptop hits 80° even while playing 10yr old games like Warcraft III.

Grandpa was right, cheap can never be good. Its like those Micromax Canvas phones, tempts u with its price and performance but aftr few months the true color comes out and becomes unusable.

People here praise the G6, cuz its brand new when they bought it...wait and let them use it for 12 -15 months, then see the complains and frustrations crop up..
My Dad's 4 yr old DELL Inspiron 14 laptop is expenisive and shitty by todays standards, and is too old for basic gaming, but approx 4 years running and it still serves him well. 2+ hr battery and never crashed( according to him). Price is always equally proportionate to Quality.

Wow man!!! Control your emotions. Even my lappy suffered overheating problem. It was just that the fan was clogged with dust. Try the take apart videos of g6 from youtube and clean the dust. Or better get it serviced. But yes there is one problem with this laptop that dust gets clogged too frequently.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In

I am charged 3500 by a crooked agent for mobo replacement who made it seem like the better deal cause HE SAID MOBO FAILURE WHILE UPDATING BIOS DOESNT FALL UNDER WARRANTY. I NEED TO CONFIRM IF ITS TRUE. 'I didnt plug in the AC adapter, so the bios chip failed'-Thats what he said to me. He told me he can replace the mobo but need to get it fixed by a frnd before returning so that the company dont figure out if bios was at fault there cz it doesnt come under warranty and he'll be charged. I paid him 1500 now and he will collect 2000rs 2days later. I need to know if I made a good (despite a crooked one) deal or he cheated me cz I'm gonna lodge a complaint then.
I mentioned the problem I faced abt 5posts earlier.
Reply needed urgently

@ mikael_schiffer
My brother's XPS is overheating after 20-30mins of crysis with cooler master L1 on. The i3 lappy's at this range bought a year ago are all experiencing too much lags in games like AC-3 while 2005ax runs it fine. So, I dont think blaming the long term performance of these supossedly "value for money" amd products is accurate, although after 10months of use, I'm starting to believe AMD does get heated more than Intel ones. and also a major problem in HP laptops I saw is the "plugged in not charging" one, which I'm seeing now in 3 of my frnd's HP(all intel) and in mine too.

@ sam
wish i read the 2nd part of ur post earlier.can you give me an ans to the question i mentioned in red in my last post?

hiteshlastm

Broken In

Alert GUYS !!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: :|

From the very first day of buying my G6-2010AX from flipkart, I was facing battery backup issue......Registered a complain but no luck.....Its been 6 months now, the battery backup is still the same

Then I NOTICED THIS, that my Battery is a f'ing 4 CELL Battery
verified by this this *s11.postimg.org/db59sowb7/Discharging.jpg

:O, and as you can see the description on flipkart clearing mentioning a 6 cell battery HP Pavilion G6-2010AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

This is Cheating guys, FLipkart fooled me ,.......what can I do now ?? :O

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Alert GUYS !!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: :|

From the very first day of buying my G6-2010AX from flipkart, I was facing battery backup issue......Registered a complain but no luck.....Its been 6 months now, the battery backup is still the same

Then I NOTICED THIS, that my Battery is a f'ing 4 CELL Battery
verified by this this *s11.postimg.org/db59sowb7/Discharging.jpg

:O, and as you can see the description on flipkart clearing mentioning a 6 cell battery HP Pavilion G6-2010AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

This is Cheating guys, FLipkart fooled me ,.......what can I do now ?? :O

also the charge capacity is less at 4400mah when it should be 4700mah. as this laptop is only sold by flipkart, better to call them up and ask them for a replacement (replacement of the entire laptop). but mind you, this won't be easy.

I am charged 3500 by a crooked agent for mobo replacement who made it seem like the better deal cause HE SAID MOBO FAILURE WHILE UPDATING BIOS DOESNT FALL UNDER WARRANTY. I NEED TO CONFIRM IF ITS TRUE.

AFAIK, bios failures are covered by warranty. moreover your laptop has ADP, so this should be covered anyway. talk to HP's customer care first. and don't tell anything like you updated bios without AC power even if they ask for it. call HP care asap as according to my understanding bios failure is definitely covered by warranty. that hp technician is definitely trying to earn some quick cash.

moreover i also faced the AC connected not charging problem after updating bios in my probook. all i did was reset the BIOS and it went back to normal.

hiteshlastm

Broken In

also the charge capacity is less at 4400mah when it should be 4700mah. as this laptop is only sold by flipkart, better to call them up and ask them for a replacement (replacement of the entire laptop). but mind you, this won't be easy.

Ohhhh....My God, why the replacement of the Whole Laptop SAM ???
I just called Flipkart, the representative was rude and he told me to talk HP for this, well I forced him to escalate the problem to the concern department anyway and he did......Im really worried on what will they decide, Possibilities are they will ignore me :3 .
and guys FLIPKART is a real time cheater, NO FLIPKARTING ANYMORE :-x :cry:

Also I wanna know the model name of the battery HP usually ships with these AMD Laptop series ??'

and one more thing :3, the turbo core technology only reaching to 2.3 Ghz, but not upto 2.8 as they are advertising in the description, Kindly someone confirm this ????

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

and one more thing :3, the turbo core technology only reaching to 2.3 Ghz, but not upto 2.8 as they are advertising in the description, Kindly someone confirm this ????
Turbo Boost depends on the number of threads being loaded on the CPU.

If only 1 thread in 1 module, then you'll get 2.8 Ghz. If 4 threads in 2 modules, then 2.3 Ghz.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if you ask for the laptop, only then they'll change the battery. as i said this won't be easy. talk to HP once. as 2010AX is not officially sold by HP here, need to be sure will HP play any role in replacement or whatever happens next.

hiteshlastm

Broken In

LOL, I think every one is getting confused now including flipkart guys and me......this is the snapshot of the battery (physically) View image: temp flipkart 2.......as you can see,the model is Mu06.... 47Wh and 4200mAh is separately mentioned while the software is reporting 4400mAh....lololol....wtf.....!

also this is MU06 brand new *www.flipkart.com/hp-mu06-6-cell-battery/p/itmd88xkjzudnqpg?pid=ACCD88U5DVJSKEZH&ref=16fb1c58-c30f-45c3-bda5-88e7dcc54134&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=MU06 ....and 6 cell is clearly mentioned here....while the HP authorized software is reporting only 4 cells with mine and that too one with 0mv....?????
the software snap -> *s11.postimg.org/db59sowb7/Discharging.jpg

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

LOL, I think every one is getting confused now including flipkart guys and me......this is the snapshot of the battery (physically) View image: temp flipkart 2.......as you can see,the model is Mu06.... 47Wh and 4200mAh is separately mentioned while the software is reporting 4400mAh....lololol....wtf.....!

damn. i checked mine and it too is showing 4400mah & 4 cells. maybe cells are not grouped in the usual manner.

cell 1 is 0mv in my case too. nothing wrong with your laptop.

ankitkr091

Broken In

I was partitioning my hard drive with aomei partition tool. It went into pre os mode to complete the process. But after that the laptop is not able to boot up. I think the recovery is also gone. I bought the laptop last week. Its hp g6 2301ax. It came with pre installed win8. What should i do?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370555535933.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370555535933.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I was partitioning my hard drive with aomei partition tool. It went into pre os mode to complete the process. But after that the laptop is not able to boot up. I think the recovery is also gone. I bought the laptop last week. Its hp g6 2301ax. It came with pre installed win8. What should i do?

if you have a WIndows 7/8 iso image then try installing it. i am not sure if this screen is from Windows 8 or HP's bios but looks like reinstall is the only way out.

ankitkr091

Broken In

if you have a WIndows 7/8 iso image then try installing it. i am not sure if this screen is from Windows 8 or HP's bios but looks like reinstall is the only way out.

I m taking it to the service center tomorrow.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)

I just called Flipkart, the representative was rude and he told me to talk HP for this, well I forced him to escalate the problem to the concern department anyway and he did......Im really worried on what will they decide, Possibilities are they will ignore me :3 .
and guys FLIPKART is a real time cheater, NO FLIPKARTING ANYMORE :-x :cry:

Don't mind bro,but I hate to tell you that the fault is yours!!!You should have checked a manufacturers site for the info.I remember reading somewhere on Flipkart that information listed there is not bound to be 100% correct.
Just see any HP m6 product page on flipkart,they have tonnes of error like 65W adapter,etc....
Heck,even manufacturer's website sometimes have error.All dv6 6165tx owners will remember they had earlier written backlit keyboard on their site for the dv6.Later they rectified it. One TDF member had even bought a dv6 6155tx only to find that it didn't had as advertised!!
Its really unfortunate for the consumer,and its one of the disadvantages of living in India.Had this incident occured in USA,there would have been large cry for the same.

Flipkart is liable to pay only if manfacturer makes 6 cell and they have shipped you a four cell one..Still have a try...!!

You may also consider going the consumer forum way,where you'll have a strong case.Just have the snapshot of the site mentioning the 6 cell feature.

I am charged 3500 by a crooked agent for mobo replacement who made it seem like the better deal cause HE SAID MOBO FAILURE WHILE UPDATING BIOS DOESNT FALL UNDER WARRANTY. I NEED TO CONFIRM IF ITS TRUE. 'I didnt plug in the AC adapter, so the bios chip failed'-Thats what he said to me. He told me he can replace the mobo but need to get it fixed by a frnd before returning so that the company dont figure out if bios was at fault there cz it doesnt come under warranty and he'll be charged. I paid him 1500 now and he will collect 2000rs 2days later. I need to know if I made a good (despite a crooked one) deal or he cheated me cz I'm gonna lodge a complaint then.
I mentioned the problem I faced abt 5posts earlier.
Reply needed urgently

@ mikael_schiffer
My brother's XPS is overheating after 20-30mins of crysis with cooler master L1 on. The i3 lappy's at this range bought a year ago are all experiencing too much lags in games like AC-3 while 2005ax runs it fine. So, I dont think blaming the long term performance of these supossedly "value for money" amd products is accurate, although after 10months of use, I'm starting to believe AMD does get heated more than Intel ones. and also a major problem in HP laptops I saw is the "plugged in not charging" one, which I'm seeing now in 3 of my frnd's HP(all intel) and in mine too.

@ sam
wish i read the 2nd part of ur post earlier.can you give me an ans to the question i mentioned in red in my last post?

Just tell HP customer care that your laptop is dead. Dont give them any freakin detail. Act as a noob.Tell them you used the lappy in the night but its not working in morning

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

how to disable the dual GFX in Open SUSE 12.3 ??
My lappy keeps runnin on dual GFX causing excess heating & quick battery drain..:-(

Top Bottom