HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

Gaurang

Right off the assembly line
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Buddy, i recently buyed lappy (named hp pavilion g6-2301ax). I accidentally corrupted its preinstalled windows 8 and deleted recovery partition. it will come with a gpt type partition table. what to do:-(

Gaurang

Also there, how to use turbo core technology in AMD A8-4500M APU:-?

donutshop

Broken In

If you dont mind trying outside ADM processors there is

Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3 (3120M)/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Graphics). Cost Rs.33,000.

Its has more advance processor and better graphic card compared to the rest and comes cheap as well, the only disadvantage is no 3.0 USB but it is not a big worry to me as i don't use any 3.0 Devices yet.

I just bought it on ebay @ Rs. 32,300 using ebay discount. its a option worth noting for your needs and in your budget.

Dude, I have decided to buy this laptop. Please post a review asap, if you can! Thanks for brining this to my notice.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Also there, how to use turbo core technology in AMD A8-4500M APU:-?

if you run in performance/normal mode, Turbo is already on.

Buddy, i recently buyed lappy (named hp pavilion g6-2301ax). I accidentally corrupted its preinstalled windows 8 and deleted recovery partition. it will come with a gpt type partition table. what to do:-(

(download and) install Windows 8 using the serial key written on the sticker on the underside of the laptop.

Gaurang

I just not get Performance/Normal mode What is it?:lol:

Sounava

In the zone

*i.imgur.com/RtDofWC.png
Shall I install this driver?
I am using 2313AX. I am already on v13.4

Attachments

• AMD Driver.png
    AMD Driver.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 84

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Most probably there won't be any Serial no. on laptop...
Better call in HP Customer Care & Ask for help

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Dude, I have decided to buy this laptop. Please post a review asap, if you can! Thanks for brining this to my notice.

i wont say no to samsung lappies but thing is they overheat like anything...

i have used 3 models of it

i3+gt610
i5+gt520mx
i7+hd7670m

even durung simple jobs like hd video wathing temps on mine g6-2005ax remain @ 45-50 c
whilst those run savagely@70-77c

mohsin20

Broken In

question for this forum.

How can i enable wifi-direct on my 2312ax laptop. it uses inbuilt Railink wifi adaptor card.

hiteshlastm

Broken In

Hey guys, I want some advice selling my G6-2010AX, How much at most can I expect from a 6 months old (condition-9/10 laptop)
with 6 months warranty+ accidental cover left along with laptop bag.....?????

rouble

Journeyman

Hello all,
Planning to buy a laptop for Gaming, Movies, Entertainment etc.
I have a few questions to make.if got time then do answer these.
I haven't read all the 62 pages, will do that once I finalize.So just want a quick review.

1.Are these laptops i.e. G6 Trinity ones really worth the hype.I am talking about the life span and performance of them.
How much years can I expect??

2.Any other option in this range.I don't think so??

3.I have HP Pavilion G6-2314AX in my mind and in my budget.Now tell me what is the main difference between this one and G6-2313AX.
I mean is it really worthy of spending 4k more?? Any significant changes.Will I be able to run all the games on 2314AX??

4.What about the battery of both?

And whatever extra you may know.
Thnx

Well I'm a user of g6-2005ax and I'm satisfied.
g6-2313ax has A10 processor which is clocked at 200mhz more than that of A8. So it offers slightly more processing power. If you're ok with 4k difference then go for A10.
Also A10 radeon 7660 onboard. A8 has 7640. So the crossfire combination will yield better results in A10 lappy.

sankar

Broken In

@Sam hp rejected my clam regarding the lcd problem.
here is some pictures

*i.imgur.com/jrozDf8.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/ZGwVz5l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/GnDElWe.jpg

i am unlucky.
@ rouble heating is a major problem also cpu is not strong you will feel lag some time.

mohsin20

Broken In

question for this forum.

How can i enable wifi-direct on my 2312ax laptop. it uses inbuilt Railink wifi adaptor card

Hey guys, i bought my G6 2005ax last year.
Starting, it was pretty ok, for 6months... But starting this summer, it overheats like crazy. Games like Crysis 2 doesnt last more than 20-30mins as it overheats and shuts down!!
The Hp Coolsense app opens but all i see is a small white unclickable window, as if its hanged.
Moreover my battery doesnt even last 1 hour of Dota game over wifi.

Since its a budget laptop, i guess its not meant to function properly for more than 1yr. I bought this aftr recomendation from Digit forums, but i am quiet upset by its "Long-term" condition ..its like the laptop has surrendered. Maybe the Graphic card was too much for its cheap parts :'(

Can anyone help me with the temperature problem.?? Shall i open it with screws? Warranty period is gone since its over a yr old!
Why do all AMD laptops overheat ?? !! And its so noisy, while watching movies it will roar as if im playin high end games like Dishonored or Skyrim . Oh ya, the laptop hits 80° even while playing 10yr old games like Warcraft III.

Grandpa was right, cheap can never be good. Its like those Micromax Canvas phones, tempts u with its price and performance but aftr few months the true color comes out and becomes unusable.

People here praise the G6, cuz its brand new when they bought it...wait and let them use it for 12 -15 months, then see the complains and frustrations crop up..
My Dad's 4 yr old DELL Inspiron 14 laptop is expenisive and shitty by todays standards, and is too old for basic gaming, but approx 4 years running and it still serves him well. 2+ hr battery and never crashed( according to him). Price is always equally proportionate to Quality.

rouble

Journeyman

@Harsh Pranami Okay.But about the heating issues I hear about the laptop.Is it really that bad or just like normal laptops.
what is the longevity of the lappy as the above post of @mikael_schiffer has got me really worried.

@sankar I see that.Will keep the heating factor in mind.Thnx

nikufellow

In the zone

@Harsh Pranami Okay.But about the heating issues I hear about the laptop.Is it really that bad or just like normal laptops.
what is the longevity of the lappy as the above post of @mikael_schiffer has got me really worried.

@sankar I see that.Will keep the heating factor in mind.Thnx

If waiting is an option for its better to wait as a lot is happening these days even if you can't afford the newer gen lappies when they come out, at least the prices of current ones will drop substantiality

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@Sam hp rejected my clam regarding the lcd problem.
i am unlucky.

you'll get instant replacement in case of dead pixel but in case of white pixel it is difficult to convince them to get the display replaced. try some of the guides available on fixing the stuck pixel problem.

Hey guys, i bought my G6 2005ax last year.
Starting, it was pretty ok, for 6months... But starting this summer, it overheats like crazy. Games like Crysis 2 doesnt last more than 20-30mins as it overheats and shuts down!!
The Hp Coolsense app opens but all i see is a small white unclickable window, as if its hanged.

i think it is better to get the laptop serviced. applying a fresh coat of quality TIM (not the el-cheapo Rs.10 TIM locally available) will reduce the temperature to more manageable range.

Moreover my battery doesnt even last 1 hour of Dota game over wifi.

wifi drains battery fast and over that you are playing Dota2. what more can you expect. also is the battery calibrated?

Since its a budget laptop, i guess its not meant to function properly for more than 1yr. I bought this aftr recomendation from Digit forums, but i am quiet upset by its "Long-term" condition ..its like the laptop has surrendered. Maybe the Graphic card was too much for its cheap parts :'(

check the Lenovo Y300 & Samsung Series 5 thread. they are having same problem while costing 2 times more.

Can anyone help me with the temperature problem.?? Shall i open it with screws? Warranty period is gone since its over a yr old!

first check guides on disassemble. and get yourself ready with some TIM. and check if there are proper holes on the back panel where fan is located. most overheating laptops have no more than a couple of holes.

Why do all AMD laptops overheat ??

it looks more like a fan problem. noise + heat both points to a malfunctioning fan.

Oh ya, the laptop hits 80° even while playing 10yr old games like Warcraft III.

because the GPU will still run at max clock. same for processor.

My Dad's 4 yr old DELL Inspiron 14 laptop is expenisive and shitty by todays standards, and is too old for basic gaming, but approx 4 years running and it still serves him well. 2+ hr battery and never crashed( according to him). Price is always equally proportionate to Quality.

this is true. they are heavy and thick but build quality is still the best among consumer grade laptops. but also lack of dedicated GPU has its shares on keeping it cool and long battery life.

Top Bottom