HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sengalraja

Broken In
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

getting a lot of lag with far cry 3 when i use my mouse...any idea how to improve that?

RahulBiswas

Broken In

All the BIOS updates seem to downgrade the RAM frequency to 1333MHz from 1600MHz .. So I downgraded the BIOS to F.14 dated 28 September 2012. And I have got a performance boost yet again and confirmed it from CPU-Z.. If you guys face the same problem revert back to the old BIOS.. HP haven't figured out what the problem is yet.. The games would give you improved performance with the fast RAM speed..

firoz3321

Broken In

i installed all these drivers :
View attachment 9693

Ther is no Hudson Chipset driver in my folder , where can i find it, Please help. I Installed these same drivers on Windows 8 and everthing worked well. but on windows 7 its not working

Doesnt any one else have the issue ??

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

sankar

Broken In

@sebuelias after using g6 2313ax for almost 2 weeks i think its just over priced.it should be atleast 1k less at minimum. i am now experiencing a little lag now and then like when i open couple of 7mb png file in firefox.laptop runs little hot i am using a cooler but its runs more hotter then my previous I3 380m. Build quality is less then average.
if u are not in gaming check this model
Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324014) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
its cheap you will get a better CPU performance less heating and more battery life. Samsung has a nice model at 37k
Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324014) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
and a 14" Hp model
HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
Please prioritize your need first you are not going to play games all the time.I just made a blunder here.

@rohanseth8 mostly for my office work i play games when i feeling down but not that much. Currently i am working in crystal report.

rohanseth8

Broken In

AMD cpus are not really office friendly IMO. If you play games rarely and are looking for a laptop for daily use(watching movies and playing games once in a while) and office use, go for intel cpu+ amd gpu. The AMD mobile cpus are okish. I got mine for 33k so I'm happy with it.

rohanseth8

Broken In

Sorry I meant basic stuff like using Word, etc. Intel performs basic tasks a little faster.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sorry I meant basic stuff like using Word, etc. Intel performs basic tasks a little faster.

access time is faster in case of Intel processors. I don't know if this is because of L3 cache or low latency L2 cache but applications do open/respond faster in an Intel processor than AMD but still AMD processors are still very much usable. Maybe SSD will fix this issue.

sebuelias

Broken In

@sebuelias after using g6 2313ax for almost 2 weeks i think its just over priced.it should be atleast 1k less at minimum. i am now experiencing a little lag now and then like when i open couple of 7mb png file in firefox.laptop runs little hot i am using a cooler but its runs more hotter then my previous I3 380m. Build quality is less then average.
if u are not in gaming check this model
its cheap you will get a better CPU performance less heating and more battery life. Samsung has a nice model at 37k
and a 14" Hp model
HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
Please prioritize your need first you are not going to play games all the time.I just made a blunder here.

I do plan on playing games, and I'm hoping it could run top games now on medium settings with AA off fluently.
I have ordered it and it will arrive in two days.
I can cancel it if I want.

Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

I am still considering this model. Th GPU is obviously better, the question being, if it will be better than crossfire(7670M+7660G vs 8750M) and how big a difference is there in terms of processor (A10 4600 vs. i3 3120M)

could you please respond to that soon..
And any other 2313AX users out there, please tell me your experience please..

reply fast.

@SAM, a final answer please?

sankar

Broken In

I do plan on playing games, and I'm hoping it could run top games now on medium settings with AA off fluently.
I have ordered it and it will arrive in two days.
I can cancel it if I want.

Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

I am still considering this model. Th GPU is obviously better, the question being, if it will be better than crossfire(7670M+7660G vs 8750M) and how big a difference is there in terms of processor (A10 4600 vs. i3 3120M)

could you please respond to that soon..
And any other 2313AX users out there, please tell me your experience please..

reply fast.

@SAM, a final answer please?

i think 8750 s better then the 7670m i think u made a right decision. Can u answer me this question what the use of 7660G if u have a dedicated graphics card u are going to use that anyway for gaming. So if u factor out the 7660 the a10 becomes not favorable at all for the price i dont think crossfire works on all the games. i think the reviews that i haven seen a10 is around 20% to 40% slow then a i3 3110. i wish if u were here so u could see my lappy and get your mind set. believe me you made a right decision.

AMD cpus are not really office friendly IMO. If you play games rarely and are looking for a laptop for daily use(watching movies and playing games once in a while) and office use, go for intel cpu+ amd gpu. The AMD mobile cpus are okish. I got mine for 33k so I'm happy with it.
thanks man for the info yea i should have gone with a8.

rohanseth8

Broken In

Could you please post the reviews where it shows that the i3 is better than the a10?

sebuelias

Broken In

I have delayed picking up my 2313ax till monday. So that gives me two days to decide.
If I don't pick it up, I can wait till June.
So, guys help me out here..
So far my only alternative is Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

Could you guys give a detail avout proccy and GPU..

And finally, G6 2313AX users, please tell me your experience..

firoz3321

Broken In

Download AMD Chipset Drivers from this page and install. - AMD Chipset Drivers

THank you for the reply, I believe i have those drivers, but i am downloading the Windows 7 version hope it works.

EDIT: WORKED :) Thank you very much

Last edited:

sankar

Broken In

Could you please post the reviews where it shows that the i3 is better than the a10?

Intel Core i3-3110M Ivy Bridge versus i3-2370M Sandy Bridge (page 1: Sandy Bridge versus Ivy Bridge, Core i3 versus i5) - BeHardware
this was posted by tkin. i saw this before i purchased G6 2313AX but dont know why i made a blunder. seriously i dont know what was i thinking at the time of the purchase.

lastname

Right off the assembly line

Just thought I'd chime in to mention that I got my Pavilion G6 2314 AX on the 30th. Ordered from flipkart on the 29th and it was on my desk 16 hours later.

Absolutely chuffed with it although it took me a while to get all the Win 7 drivers sorted. HP sure doesn't make things easy for you.

DVJex

In the zone

@ DVJex thanks for the headsup. i have send the documents to HP with 3k because i am completely broke one of my friend helped me out. so now i am completely broke and i have 3k loan on my head its just great it will be long before i will get the salary. i dont know what was i thinking when i purchased this.
a important question to you is that does your hard drive makes a noise i mean is it loud ? i can hear the noise from my hard drive when it works and its pretty loud and its really disturbing when i work at night alone.

My HDD is quiet. So maybe you should get it checked?
My main problem with the system is only heat, the spot left of the touchpad (which i assume is the processor) gets heated quite a bit and is terrible with demanding games ;(. So what cooling pad are you using?

I have delayed picking up my 2313ax till monday. So that gives me two days to decide.
If I don't pick it up, I can wait till June.
So, guys help me out here..
So far my only alternative is Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

Could you guys give a detail avout proccy and GPU..

And finally, G6 2313AX users, please tell me your experience..

For the GPU, use the link below,
Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - NotebookCheck.net Tech
The difference is mostly abt 0-20 FPS,based on the game. Though i'm not sure abt the driver versions used. The Samsung might be a better buy, but you should look for reviews on that model.
And g6-2313ax is good enough for me. Except for the proccy heating up which i think is HP's fault :x, since the heat is only in one spot.
Games are mostly medium settings, and play fine. I've played Sleeping Dogs and Battlefield 3 on this, with only heat being the limiting factor to marathons:cry:.

rohanseth8

Broken In

There is a deepcool cooling pad with 4 fans. It's 1.7k and is really good. Keeps the laptop very cool and blows out cool air from the bottom aswell. It's a must buy for AMD laptops IMO.

Edit: Check out flipkart for that cooling pad. I'll post the link when I get home.

jassi32

Broken In

any support to install Ubuntu with proper working drivers ?
please help me out ---- i am using G6 2005 AX model

I installed latest ubuntu 12.04LTS desktop version...working fine along side windows...

can u provide help regarding drivers for ubuntu on G6 2005 AX ....

Top Bottom