• 2MAhsBF.jpg
    2MAhsBF.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 96
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

is the 73degree under load? 50degree under low load is fine considering it is HP and laptop is packing quite a bit of processing power. tomorrow i'll test some games to check for load temps.

As far what I've found out from the hordes of laptop in my hostel, amd runs a bit hotter than intel. So 50 degree is okay considering it is A10

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

played Dirt Showdown (default resolution, everything set to mid/high) for 45min and this is the temperature chart:

*i.imgur.com/wevYeT3.jpg

considering my lappy has an entry level APU and 2GB ram only, Dirt Showdown didn't lag at all. though FPS was below 25 as it was not smooth as PC but still it ran at medium details.

sankar

Broken In

@Sam yes i used Hyper Pi 16M Calculation.
@DVJex i am using a SVB cooling pad.Although its effectiveness is questionable all i can say is atleast something is spinning underneath it.
This is the reading i am getting after 2H+ of (Watching youtube video and background download ) usage
BTW how much battery backup up you are getting ?

*i.imgur.com/9JVzRgg.jpg?1

Last edited:

geekeek

Right off the assembly line

played Dirt Showdown (default resolution, everything set to mid/high) for 45min and this is the temperature chart:

*i.imgur.com/wevYeT3.jpg

considering my lappy has an entry level APU and 2GB ram only, Dirt Showdown didn't lag at all. though FPS was below 25 as it was not smooth as PC but still it ran at medium details.

Hi Sam,

Could you please tell me what are the best settings for farcry 3? And I tried with Crossfire enabled/disabled, didn't see much of a difference.

DVJex

In the zone

any support to install Ubuntu with proper working drivers ?
please help me out ---- i am using G6 2005 AX model

can u provide help regarding drivers for ubuntu on G6 2005 AX ....
Unbelievable :shock:

Just stumbled onto this
icewheel Blog
i should have done little bit of more research. Now i am hitting my head against the wall.:banghead:
i invested everything that i have into this one (2313AX). oh god !!!
In that blog: hp pavilion g6-2313ax ubuntu
Credits to sankar :cool:
P.S:Ubuntu 13.04 is coming this month.

@sankar
Ok. It does still seem to be a little hot. And i have no idea abt battery backup. I think it's the same as everyone else's. I only did the initial charge and discharge on the battery, and i didnt use it again. BTW the lap is also becoming cheaper quite quickly, it has 1k cashback on flipkart now. :shock:

@sam
Thanks man. Core Temp gives more realistic temp readings. :-D

@geekeek
Most modern games run fine on medium. And afaik only some games support Asymmetric Crossfire.

sankar

Broken In

@DVJex thanks for the info man. My backup only lasts about 1H and 40-45Min i made a big mistake buying this model man.
i think laptops with Richland APU will be launched very soon so they reduced the prices also as sam said earlier 38K for this model is not justified at all.

Did you opted for extended warranty ? BTW what happened to your 7300GT ?

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

friends which is the latest stable driver released (hp 2005ax) can u please post a link

@sam hey just want to know what is your opinion on this when compared to 4445s

*www.flipkart.com/hp-4431s-probook-laptop-2nd-gen-ci3-4gb-500gb-dos-1gb-graph/p/itmdjny6qxmzfb6e?pid=COMDJMZSPYGGAKRD&ref=7687542d-072c-4818-9c57-be3c2ff7a95e

i am confused with both of this since both are same with the later one with i3 2nd generation + 7470m ddr5(i guess its a typo )i guess it has more performance, if not for gaming which one will u suggest

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

friends which is the latest stable driver released (hp 2005ax) can u please post a link

better stick to 13.1. for now AMD is busy testing beta drivers.

@sam hey just want to know what is your opinion on this when compared to 4445s

HP 4431s ProBook Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

i am confused with both of this since both are same with the later one with i3 2nd generation + 7470m ddr5(i guess its a typo )i guess it has more performance, if not for gaming which one will u suggest

4445S is definitely not aimed at power users. you can feel the slowness when you have multiple apps running and you throw another one. this one looks good but instead of a last gen processor and a slow discrete GPU, i feel 3rd gen i3 without any discrete GPU will help more. performance will be roughly equal to the integrated GPU on 4445S. and this one has GDDR5 graphics memory. not DDR5.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^Why didn't you go for another 4GB of RAM, sam ?

the shop didn't have the 4GB sku. and had i asked them to upgrade they'll simply add a 2GB DDR3-1333Mhz ram against the already installed DDR3-1600Mhz stick. immediate drop in performance and moreover no dual ch.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

4445S is definitely not aimed at power users. you can feel the slowness when you have multiple apps running and you throw another one. this one looks good but instead of a last gen processor and a slow discrete GPU, i feel 3rd gen i3 without any discrete GPU will help more. performance will be roughly equal to the integrated GPU on 4445S. and this one has GDDR5 graphics memory. not DDR5.

ddr5 my typo :p , sam can u show a link probook with 3rd gen i3 as you mentioned that will be much better, but sam my question was among this two laptops which is better only considering cpu performance. the 4445s is backed with three yrs warranty i guess whn 4431 with one yr as per flipkart listing. the guy just use cad drawings and browsing.
if you were to suggest among this two which one will u go for
i found ths one one but is it worth *www.flipkart.com/hp-4440s-probook-3rd-gen-ci5-6gb-500gb-dos/p/itmdfbbkgh5czzft

( i guess i will be asked to create another thread :) )

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if you want 14" aka light weight lappy, the former one. for 15", 4440S. battery backup should be more in 4440S as it lacks a discrete GPU.
And both carries 1yr warranty only.

performance wise 2nd as well as 3rd gen i3 are close. Considering i am using a hyper slow A6 dual core without much of a problem, you won't miss out anything with 2nd gen i3 still 3rd gen will be better.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

the shop didn't have the 4GB sku. and had i asked them to upgrade they'll simply add a 2GB DDR3-1333Mhz ram against the already installed DDR3-1600Mhz stick. immediate drop in performance and moreover no dual ch.

Online ?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I meant to say why didn't you try online ?

flipkart doesn't offer COD on such expensive stuff. HS18 won't even ship the lappy. and i was getting the laptop locally for same price (FK won't give any backpack so add 1k more) so cancelled out online purchase this time.

Top Bottom