HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

rohanseth8

Broken In
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

It has been accepted and is being processed. It will take around 3 weeks to finalize and after that your warranty will be extended.

AlekZander

Right off the assembly line

It has been accepted and is being processed. It will take around 3 weeks to finalize and after that your warranty will be extended.

Its been 3 months and I haven't received any confirmation mail from them nor the Hp support assistant shows the extended warranty, So how do I know?

rohanseth8

Broken In

Call them and tell them about the problem.

@OP please add my name to the G6 family. :3

mkhackers

Guys i have hp pavilion g6 2005-ax ,i am currently using stock hp drivers on my lappy .Should i upgrade my laptop graphics driver and install latest beta drivers ?

Currently i am playing Farcry 3 and Hitman absolution on enabling Crossfire hitting serious performance drops ..Thanks in Advance ..:|

jassi32

Broken In

need a help --
installed windows 8 well , when i was installing drivers
HP Unified Extensible Firmware , can't be installed on disk , no partition available error .....
it has 2 options disk or usb ..... what i choose usb .....please help
and please put some light on its use in windows 8

thanks

rohanseth8

Broken In

Guys i have hp pavilion g6 2005-ax ,i am currently using stock hp drivers on my lappy .Should i upgrade my laptop graphics driver and install latest beta drivers ?

Currently i am playing Farcry 3 and Hitman absolution on enabling Crossfire hitting serious performance drops ..Thanks in Advance ..:|

Disable Crossfire.

duke123

In the zone

need a help --
HP Unified Extensible Firmware , can't be installed on disk , no partition available error .....

thanks

You can use AMD catalyst Application Profiles to improve crossfire performance..
*sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

need a help --

thanks

It's not needed.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

i already installed it already bro :/ fan making too much noise

yes i completed AC3 at high settings :) i got 20-30fps :)

hi vinoth billa can u please post your driver version and windows version, i too tried to play ac3 but it is suffering from huge fps drop, since its already out that the game needs a patch to fix the fps dropping , how did you mange to get 20-30 fps consistent. and also was crossfire on please do also post the game settings . i tried diffrent settings still no decent fps.

Last edited:

jassi32

Broken In

anyone with Windows 8 , startup takes upto 30-35 sec to lock screen (black screen for 10 sec before lock screen), is everyone having this much boot time ,
my desktop boots windows 8 in 9 sec
and acer laptop in 14 sec ..... both r dual core .......

please let me know

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

anyone with Windows 8 , startup takes upto 30-35 sec to lock screen (black screen for 10 sec before lock screen), is everyone having this much boot time ,
my desktop boots windows 8 in 9 sec
and acer laptop in 14 sec ..... both r dual core .......

please let me know
The number of cores won't matter for OS boot up time. Anything more than two is fine. Hard Disk speed will have the biggest role to play.

May be you got a laptop with Toshiba hard disk. Toshiba hard disks are slow.

jassi32

Broken In

The number of cores won't matter for OS boot up time. Anything more than two is fine. Hard Disk speed will have the biggest role to play.

May be you got a laptop with Toshiba hard disk. Toshiba hard disks are slow.

Mine is Hitachi ...... are you running 8 ?
just saw new drivers released in dec 12, will update and report .....

updated to new drivers no change in boot time still 30 + secs,
the main prob. is a black screen for 10 secs before lock screen appears ...... any solution for that .... ???

Last edited:

mkhackers

Disable Crossfire.

Disabled Crossfire still performance drop .Should I upgrade to latest AMD Catalyst as in website it says increase performance in single as well as Crossfire Mode .

AMD Catalyst :cry:

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

don't go for 1211 beta driver. if you want to upgrade, get the 1210 stable driver.

NovicePJ

hi all digitizers,
with so much info in this thread, there should be guide for configuring this laapy..it really needs a lot of touchups and is bit frustating at times. after that its a smooth sail riding this lappy :mrgreen:

does anybody installed 12.11 beta drivers? any diff. with games. im having 12.8 drivers but when playing crysis warhead it lags lot even on medium settings while crysis 2 is running smooth :???:

rohanseth8

Broken In

Im using 12.10 and getting much better fps in assassin's creed 2 now (22-60). Try Razer game booster...it might help.

Vinoth Billa

Broken In

Those who are all want to play Gta4 just Instal Latest Patch 1.0.7 nd create a text file called commandline.txt in the game directory. in that put tis line -memrestrict 314572800 nd save it:) In graphics settings off the both shadows nd Night shadows nd set Texture quality to high then play the game :) Now u can play the game without lag :) I tried tis It works perfectly :)

hi vinoth billa can u please post your driver version and windows version, i too tried to play ac3 but it is suffering from huge fps drop, since its already out that the game needs a patch to fix the fps dropping , how did you mange to get 20-30 fps consistent. and also was crossfire on please do also post the game settings . i tried diffrent settings still no decent fps.

i am using 12.10 nd windows7. . . Bro there s prob with the game itself :) In boston city it lags lot i got oly 10-20 :) exept boston city i got more than 30fps

Last edited:

rohanseth8

Broken In

I agree. Boston lags like hell. Totally unplayable.
I'm gonna try GTA 4 with that patch once my game arrives. Thanks for the help.
I'm not getting the performence as I expected and as others reported. Can it seriously run BF3? I don't understand why I am not getting decent fps.

Vinoth Billa

Broken In

Bro i dnt knw abt BF3 better u try Sleeping dogs :) graphics storyline nd al Super :) IMO it's better than Gta4 :) u vl get 30-40fps :)

Top Bottom