HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

duke123

In the zone
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

change useless partitions to logical as shown..then partition c drive...but after i partitioned i cannot recover by hard disc recovery partition..

*imageshack.us/a/img268/6633/partix.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

there are already 4 primary partitions.inorder to partition c it looks like I have to delete one of the partitions which I'm a bit reluctant to do.so can u tell me a safe way to partition.thanks

C, in the case system partition ? If yes, then system partition has to be a primary partition. Post a disk mgmt screenie.

john12

Broken In

C, in the case system partition ? If yes, then system partition has to be a primary partition. Post a disk mgmt screenie.
This is how my disk mgmt looks like
*imageshack.us/a/img341/8052/diskmg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Ok, and what exactly do you want to do? Plus which partitions have OS installed?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Okay attention to one and all members of this thread, this is not for the experienced users but for the new and beginners who are now trying to make partitions of their C drive.

Go to this link: Partition / Extended : Logical Drives - Windows 7 Forums

Follow method two described in this post.

It should solve your problem of making partitions of C drive and also converting primary drive to logical drive.

Just for a sample this is how my drive looks like after following the above tutorial.

*i49.tinypic.com/2ekox14.jpg

If you face any trouble, ask me else you can join the forum and ask the thread creator himself, he is very helpful.

john12

Broken In

ok thanks for the link. i have to follow the second method not the first one right?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

ok thanks for the link. i have to follow the second method not the first one right?

Absolutely John, don't even look at the first one, the second method is damn easy and you will be good to go with it. Remember always, the bootable version of partition wizard is always better, don't use the non-bootable one. Any doubts ask me.

john12

Broken In

Absolutely John, don't even look at the first one, the second method is damn easy and you will be good to go with it. Remember always, the bootable version of partition wizard is always better, don't use the non-bootable one. Any doubts ask me.

ok, why cant i use non-bootable one? i dont have blank cd right now so i cant use the bootable version. any suggestion

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Okay no trouble about the blank CD. Use a pen drive. Make a bootable pen drive, you can Universal USB Installer for that. There are a few other softwares for doing that as well. I am suggesting you to use the bootable one because it has a greater chance of making this method successful than the non-bootable one. Incase you are not able to work with the bootable try using the non-bootable one, just as a backup. Go for the bootable one first.

john12

Broken In

oh i just saw an option for bootable usb flash drive,ill try this

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

^First method is also easy, just that its a cmd version. Nothing too techy, some random commands of diskpart and you're good to go.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^ I have not actually tried the first one so don't know, plus I am not very good with command prompts.

john12

Broken In

guys one problem,i went to the link for Partition Wizard Bootable Flash Drive and i dont find any file for download, need help again

john12

Broken In

problem solved.i convert c:drive to logical and start partitioning the unallocated space. thanks for the help.
one more thing,i see some of the posts mentioning catalyst 12.6 update. is it necessary to update?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
John was your partition problem solved?

Yeah sujay you might be right . Will try it later.

What is this catalyst 12.6?

john12

Broken In

John was your partition problem solved?

Yeah sujay you might be right . Will try it later.

Ya its solved now thanks to u guys.Dont know much but it looks like driver update

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

one more thing,i see some of the posts mentioning catalyst 12.6 update. is it necessary to update?

wait for official ENDURO driver (currently in closed BETA). The next version of Catalyst Mobility will be named ENDURO & should have a massive list of improvements.

GPU driver.

Max Payne 3 is running smooth on my current settings but GTA4 is lagging. Someone posted a solution to the GTA 4 lagging problem on the thread but I can't find it. Can someone please tell again?

Top Bottom