HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

LoneWanderer

Broken In
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

hey I applied for the warranty extension one month ago and still haven't received a mail..what do do guys? :(

the registration date is 6th sept and this is written on the redemptionsupport site---

Dear customer your claim documents is approved, a Carepaq link will be emailed to ur registered email id within 3-4 weeks from the date of claim receipt :(

hmm..claim receipt date is 8th sept I see.. so I think the mail should come within 8th this month

On the redemptionsupport site..they had previously said that I would receive the certificates by Sep20(got the claim mail on Sep14)..
I checked again today..and it says..
" Dear customer your claim is approved for Carepaq, a Carepaq link will be emailed to your registered email id by first week of October, inconvenience regretted "

anuj kumar

Broken In

Hi is there anyone who try to make recovery disc from hp recovery manager. how much time it will take.

anuj kumar

Broken In

when i try to make a recovery disc it is asking for choose between two file system to burn
1-live file system
2-mastered file system
pl. tell me what file system should i choose.

how much time it take after receiving acknowledgement email from hp redemption cell?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hi is there anyone who try to make recovery disc from hp recovery manager. how much time it will take.

[HP Recovery Manager Trick] Creating more than one set of recovery disc and in ISO format

suvajit

Broken In

On the redemptionsupport site..they had previously said that I would receive the certificates by Sep20(got the claim mail on Sep14)..
I checked again today..and it says..
" Dear customer your claim is approved for Carepaq, a Carepaq link will be emailed to your registered email id by first week of October, inconvenience regretted "

same with me.....

i got my extended warranty

congo dear....am waiting for mine

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

I feel so sad now, I didn't go for the extender warranty.

john12

Broken In

hi guys, after reading many reviews i feel this is one of the best lappy below 35k. but i was thinking if i add 5k more i can buy asus k53sm or other brands. so u guys help me out. my main purpose is watching movies and gaming(mostly fifa)..

suvajit

Broken In

today evening i got my extended warranty.........:razz:

anky

Youngling

Hey duke,

Really dont know how to thank u...

That was a nice n patient explanation from u.

But can u tell me if its overclockable or not because som ppl were talking that in some high performance mode, it comes to 2.3ghz n all dat?? What is this thing then?

And I agree with ur point that 64 bit is better than 32..but then 32 bit has lessr dependencies right? also, for programming and development, i use 32 bit W7.. so i kinda am stuck on 32 bit..so can u clarify on that point?

Just one more query..Is there an additional RAM slot? So I was thinking I wud get a 4gb RAM also along with this lappy..

hey @closetohell
i viewed your query and i am having same doubts as yours.
acc. to your this reply i think that duke123 has solved your queries,but i cannot see that..can you please show his answer ..
thanks

Piyush

Lanaya

Can someone map the comparison between Intel HD 4000, Nvidia GT 630M and AMD HD 7670M in terms of gaming performance?

bhupati

Broken In
Can someone map the comparison between Intel HD 4000, Nvidia GT 630M and AMD HD 7670M in terms of gaming performance?

*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7670M.69483.0.html

In benchmarks 7670m is about 5% faster than 630m. hd4000 is way too slow than both.
But in real usage there won't be a difference and most likely nvidia will feel faster because of better drivers. And if you use Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects mainly) nvidia is actually recommended over AMD because of CUDA.

anuj kumar

Broken In

hi
when i try to create a new drive on hard disk it says that you are going to make basic disk to dynamic disk and you are no longer able to boot from other partition exept 'c'.
what should i do ?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
hi
when i try to create a new drive on hard disk it says that you are going to make basic disk to dynamic disk and you are no longer able to boot from other partition exept 'c'.
what should i do ?

Okay so this is what you to do. First download the bootable version of partition wizard. Burn it on a cd or dvd and then boot using it. Change your c drive to logical disk and your problem will be solved.

bluewhale

Right off the assembly line

Hi..guys so many of you got this laptop g6 2005ax and sometime have already passed as some of you have brought ir 2 months 4 months ago....hope you have played some GAMES, watched few Movies already...

So please be UN-BIASED and let me know what is your exact feeling about this laptop as per watching HD and normal movies and playing games in high setting specially games like max payne 3, fifa 12, CIV 5, COD(BO & MW3), NFS - the run, MOH, LA Noire, GTA 4 ???

Anyone felt that should have brought this laptop and considered it junk???

Looking forward to hear from you as I want to buy this one

duke123

In the zone

Hi..guys so many of you got this laptop g6 2005ax and sometime have already passed as some of you have brought ir 2 months 4 months ago....hope you have played some GAMES, watched few Movies already...

So please be UN-BIASED and let me know what is your exact feeling about this laptop as per watching HD and normal movies and playing games in high setting specially games like max payne 3, fifa 12, CIV 5, COD(BO & MW3), NFS - the run, MOH, LA Noire, GTA 4 ???

Looking forward to hear from you as I want to buy this one

i brought this laptop at 33k..and i am very happy..i am able to play games at mid/low setting..

if you are looking to play all these games at high setting better spend some more bucks and get a descent gaming laptop...

considered it junk...ya if you are expecting performance similar to high end laptops you will consider it as junk...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

these are things you won't get from this laptop: battery backup of 8-10hr. hardcore gaming. cooling under extreme load. light weight. extremely fast. HD webcam. waterproof.
if you want laptop with the above kind of features, get ready to sell 2-3 times the price of the HP laptop and yet may miss on multiple points. This laptop is a budget powerhouse.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Buy a desktop and get over it. Don't have ridiculous expectations from laptops, that too budget ones.

bluewhale

Right off the assembly line

Expectation?? No way I dont have any expectation of playing games at ultra setting in this laptop but I wanted to know if anyone able to play the mentioned games if yes then how was it?

@ico: whether I will buy desktop or laptop don't you worry about that....suggestion and judgement are two different word even moderators needs to learn sometime

I saw another lappy from HP Pavilion 2102TX almost similar range but it has one graphics card only..so wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give some suggestions

Top Bottom