HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sandeep23

Broken In
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

ya its a very good one ...but had a bad experience my self...i first ordered my G6 2005ax from infibeam..but after a week they contacted me saying they coudnt get the product at that price ...fortunately i used COD so i could cancel the order...

My laptop has been shipped by Infibeam.com via Bluedart. Expected date of delivery is 15-Oct :). So far I am satisfied with the infibeam.com as I ordered laptop on 10-Oct and they shipped it on 12-Oct. GREEN2012 offer is applicable only on products sold by infibeam itself and not by any third party seller.

duke123

In the zone

Sleeping Dogs Benchmark (minimum settings)

*imageshack.us/a/img33/235/sleepingdogsbenchmark.jpg

anky

Youngling

does any owner of this 2005ax use visual studio 2010??
i have heard it hangs in amd processors??
is this true..?
coz i will be using Visual Studio'10 .and it's very important for me to know this..
so pls help guys..!
and for gaming purpose should i buy wireless keyboard & mouse..? or laptop's keyboard will work fine(durability)
and should i go with with 4 GB RAM or i should upgrade it to 8GB.
and can i upgrade it's HDD to 1TB?

Last edited:

dhiman33

Broken In

My claim receipt date was 8th sept, and haven't receipt any mail from hp yet..any step to take? :(

anky

Youngling

thanks ico..:)
are u using it?
it really runs smoothly..?..!..

anky

Youngling

for gaming purpose should i buy wireless keyboard & mouse..? or laptop's keyboard will work fine(durability)

dhiman33

Broken In

@duke - yep it shows approved and says i am to receive am mail within 3-4 weeks of claim rceipt.. but 4 weeks have already passed :(

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

for gaming purpose should i buy wireless keyboard & mouse..? or laptop's keyboard will work fine(durability)

Okay, tell me a few things, I have seen that you are comparing our laptop with some samsung laptop that is selling at 37K on FK. Now firstly if you are in Delhi, like me, then you can buy G6 2005AX for somewhat like 31K to 32K at nehru place, so with a difference of 5K you will get a number of things with our laptop that the samsung one doesn't give.

For your query. If you want to game, then I suggest you to buy a gaming controller. Who uses keyboard or mouse for gaming?? Seriously. Better buy an Xbox controller, its epic. Next 4 GB RAM is more than sufficient. No need to upgrade. I am not sure if you can upgrade the HDD, as far as I know, you cannot do that, but I might be wrong. If you really want some extra space, get an external HDD.

duke123

In the zone

@duke - yep it shows approved and says i am to receive am mail within 3-4 weeks of claim rceipt.. but 4 weeks have already passed :(

initially i was supposed to receive by 20th september but it was postponed to October 1st week...finally got it on oct 6th...

@anky
you can upgrade the hard disk to 1TB..i confirmed with customer care...but it might be very costly...

Last edited:

shar_yogi

Broken In

does any owner of this 2005ax use visual studio 2010??
i have heard it hangs in amd processors??
is this true..?
coz i will be using Visual Studio'10 .and it's very important for me to know this..
so pls help guys..!
and for gaming purpose should i buy wireless keyboard & mouse..? or laptop's keyboard will work fine(durability)

Using both VS 2010 and 2012 without any problem.

anky

Youngling

Okay, tell me a few things, I have seen that you are comparing our laptop with some samsung laptop that is selling at 37K on FK. Now firstly if you are in Delhi, like me, then you can buy G6 2005AX for somewhat like 31K to 32K at nehru place, so with a difference of 5K you will get a number of things with our laptop that the samsung one doesn't give.

For your query. If you want to game, then I suggest you to buy a gaming controller. Who uses keyboard or mouse for gaming?? Seriously. Better buy an Xbox controller, its epic. Next 4 GB RAM is more than sufficient. No need to upgrade. I am not sure if you can upgrade the HDD, as far as I know, you cannot do that, but I might be wrong. If you really want some extra space, get an external HDD.
thanx for the reply @sam
actually i am in varanasi(U.P) so here HP-WORLD is quoting it 35500(with mouse,backpack,cleaning kit,mouse,pen-drive etc),
actually i have been playing games on keyboard only and i think not so many games support x-box controller.
btw how much a x-box controller will cost?
and now i have almost finalized 2005ax!..:) but still..
5K you will get a number of things with our laptop that the samsung one doesn't give.
what are those things which i will be getting in this laptop?..

Last edited:

duke123

In the zone

thanx for the reply @sam
actually i am in varanasi(U.P) so here HP-WORLD is quoting it 35500(with mouse,backpack,cleaning kit,mouse,pen-drive etc),
actually i have been playing games on keyboard only and i think not so many games support x-box controller.
btw how much a x-box controller will cost?
and now i have almost finalized 2005ax!..:) but still..what are those things which i will be getting in this laptop?..

man 35500 is very high...The MRP written on my box is 34200...i brought it from HP world and i got the free goodies and third year extended warranty which cost 1033₹ ...

well comparing with Samsung you get genuine windows home basic so you can upgrade to windows 8 for just 700₹...you get USB 3.0 support which samsung dont have and you will need it for future...and 7670M is better than GT 610..also HP is a quite old and better brand compared with samsung who has recently entered the market...so obviously you can expect better support...

Last edited:

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

@anky, as stated by duke there are a number of things which our laptop is having, the samsung one doesn't. He has mentioned them all plus the GPU of our laptop is better.

An Xbox controller is nearly 1800 for the wired and nearly 3K for the non wired, plus or minus a few.
I would suggest you to go for this laptop. It is great. If you want keyboard then its your choice, because the laptop key's are very sensitive and you will not enjoy gaming on this, atleast I don't. Better buy a keyboard of your choice if you want to game.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

keyboard works fine unless you use the arrow keys which are small.

also HP is a quite old and better brand compared with samsung who has recently entered the market...so obviously you can expect better support...

sadly HP has messed up the extended warranty offer. It was way better than a camera that will take 1-2 months to reach you from the date of getting the laptop. Samsung laptop is fine too and usually it feels premium to HP. Sadly asking price is way more.

If you want keyboard then its your choice, because the laptop key's are very sensitive and you will not enjoy gaming on this, atleast I don't. Better buy a keyboard of your choice if you want to game.

better to test the keyboard first then decide. The keys are sensitive and takes getting used to but then it works fine.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

better to test the keyboard first then decide. The keys are sensitive and takes getting used to but then it works fine.

My friend I have very well used the keys of the G6 2005AX, so I know what I am saying. And yeah the arrow keys are quite small but the other keys also feel very sensitive.

ViCKY16

Right off the assembly line

All owners. Please help. I am feeling that the RIGHT speaker of my laptop has more loudness than left.Can you all please check in your laptops.If i adjust the balance to R-70 L-100,then they seem to have proper balance. In headphones no such issue is there.i thought that it may be a hardware issue but same problem after replacing the speakers by Service Centre. And add me to the owners list too please...

Sandeep Roy

Broken In

Need suggestion of a cooler of max (note the word MAX) Rs. 400
I dont think a Rs. 200 and rs. 700 cooler wud make any diff

Top Bottom