^ Though the battery will heat up.

Here is a good article on Li-ion
batteries and common myths:
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1168036

mohsin2cool

Broken In
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Guys need Help about ur experience.
I recently purchased this laptop frm flipkart and My issue is that the screen has unnatural brightness,on some windows like i right click on desktop and open screen resolution window,the screen brightness suddenly goes up and whn i close the window,it goes dim. This type of issue is with other windows which have white background. I replaced previous one,but the matter is tht the new one is also having same issues..if some one can answer me....i ll b highly thankful to you..

it is my first laptop,and its having this strange issue which is very annoying.

please some one answer.......i have took a video also of it,,if some one needs to watch it.i ll pm him the link..

Thanks N regards

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I recently purchased this laptop frm flipkart and My issue is that the screen has unnatural brightness,on some windows like i right click on desktop and open screen resolution window,the screen brightness suddenly goes up and whn i close the window,it goes dim. This type of issue is with other windows which have white background. I replaced previous one,but the matter is tht the new one is also having same issues..if some one can answer me....i ll b highly thankful to you..

please some one answer.......i have took a video also of it,,if some one needs to watch it.i ll pm him the link..

Thanks N regards

Try selecting a default power plan + theme & PM me the link.

i charge my laptop whenever i use it. would that be a problem if i continue to charge after 100%?

No problem, but don't "always" use it on A/C. It will ruin the battery. Plus if you're gaming for prolong hours, better remove the battery and then game, temps will also be a bit less.

kishorenagaraj

Right off the assembly line

Hi all..

I recently bought this laptop, it's my first computer with a discrete GPU. was blown away with its graphics performance.
but..... im not happy with its CPU performance. it just doesn't feel snappy(even with High performance mode).
I've tinkered with almost everything, but of no help.

My old lappy with core2duo feels much better in its responsiveness.

Please let me know if its something wrong with my setup.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^What kind of lags are you facing?

mohsin2cool

Broken In

First thanks sam for adding me to owners list

and also thanks my question was answered in the first post with a pic..

Thanks...

ViCKY16

Thanks N regards

first open graphic properties by right click on desktop,then select Power,then Powerplay, uncheck "Enable Vari-Bright".:razz:

LoneWanderer

Broken In

Hi all..

I recently bought this laptop, it's my first computer with a discrete GPU. was blown away with its graphics performance.
but..... im not happy with its CPU performance. it just doesn't feel snappy(even with High performance mode).
I've tinkered with almost everything, but of no help.

My old lappy with core2duo feels much better in its responsiveness.

Please let me know if its something wrong with my setup.

yup agreed..doesnt feel snappy at all..graphics performance good..but CPU not so much..
I have a core2quad@2.5Ghz 3gb ram desktop..which I feel is much faster than this lappy..
this is prolly coz..the max cpu speed you can select is 1.9Ghz..but reaches 2.8Ghz(turbo) on demand so I guess there must be "Turbo Lag"??

jassi32

Broken In

hey , just bought Hp G6 2005 ax , today @ 33000 , with 4 gb pen drive ....
its a cool looking laptop , i purchased mainly due to gaming , my old grap.card can't handle any more games

i installed gta4 today , it lags like hell even on low settings, i having default settings or might have changed a little bit ,

can any body provide in assistance in this , what kindof settings do i need to apply to play it smoothly , i know many of u must be knowing , it will be grateful if u help me out

Thanks

P:S- don't forget to add my name in the list of owners .....

duke123

In the zone

its a cool looking laptop , i purchased mainly due to gaming , my old grap.card can't handle any more games

i installed gta4 today , it lags like hell even on low settings, i having default settings or might have changed a little bit ,

can any body provide in assistance in this , what kindof settings do i need to apply to play it smoothly , i know many of u must be knowing , it will be grateful if u help me out

Thanks

similar problem..batman arkham asylum doest run smoothly even in low settings while arkham city run butter smooth in high settings...whats the problem??

LoneWanderer

Broken In

Thanks

disable dual graphics..enable high performance mode..clock at 1.9Ghz always..hope it helps..i havnt played GTA4 on this lappy..but my pc with 512Mb managed it with medium settings..so i guess this should play it perfectly..
reason for disabling dual graphics is..GTA4 is directx9(i think) and dual graphics works only for directx11 games..

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^ Please can you tell me exactly how can I disable dual graphics?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ please read: AMD Trinity (Mobile) performance analysis.

dhiman33

Broken In

gta 4 is a buggy game..it will run like that on this lappy..that doesn't mean our lappy cant handle game like this..actually the game is already infamous for this bugs. Do not expect avg fps of more than 30.

RON28

Cyborg Agent

GTA IV is a poorly optimised console port, instead play Skyrim or Crysis 2.

kishorenagaraj

yup agreed..doesnt feel snappy at all..graphics performance good..but CPU not so much..
I have a core2quad@2.5Ghz 3gb ram desktop..which I feel is much faster than this lappy..
this is prolly coz..the max cpu speed you can select is 1.9Ghz..but reaches 2.8Ghz(turbo) on demand so I guess there must be "Turbo Lag"??

What surprises me is that, programs like vlc take a good 5-6 seconds to load on cold start. but once its in memory.. all is well.
looks like everyone else on this thread is not facing this issue..

bhupati

Broken In
^ agreed. Even after 7 updates it remains a crappy game. EFLC runs better and chances are even GTA5 will run better coz our system is capable and rockstar have (hopefully) learnt their lesson not to piss off PC gamers with console a** kissing!

LoneWanderer

Broken In

GTA IV is a poorly optimised console port, instead play Skyrim or Crysis 2.
Love skyrim, legen..wait for it..dary!!!..love open world games..fell in love with Bethesda after playing Fallout3

What surprises me is that, programs like vlc take a good 5-6 seconds to load on cold start. but once its in memory.. all is well.
looks like everyone else on this thread is not facing this issue..
yup..initially it takes time..but then turbo sets in and AAL IZZ WELL :)..
Yea i guess they arent facing this, or are they??

dhiman33

Broken In

hey I applied for the warranty extension one month ago and still haven't received a mail..what do do guys? :(

the registration date is 6th sept and this is written on the redemptionsupport site---

Dear customer your claim documents is approved, a Carepaq link will be emailed to ur registered email id within 3-4 weeks from the date of claim receipt :(

hmm..claim receipt date is 8th sept I see.. so I think the mail should come within 8th this month

Top Bottom