HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

which wireless driver to choose? there are a lot of manufacturers

Now I'm facing a weird problem. After installing the 12.8 drivers. The Fan is constantly on in maximum speed mode. Its like a hair dryer. Really distracting to work on laptop cuz fan makes so much noise. This is when I'm doing nothing heavy on the laptop. Just browsing. This was not the case before the clean install of windows. Any help would be great.

sometimes the fan turns itself off for a few seconds and then turns on. It is doing this again and again. :( frigging annoying.

suvajit

Broken In

while playing mafia II in high settings with phys x off the proc temp reaches 90 deg & cod MW it shows 85 deg.......are these temps normal.....will it damage the motherboard? I am not using a cooler pad.......

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

it is fine. all laptops heats up to that temperature. you have have heard about laptops with their motherboards getting burnt, usually they gets heated to 110+ or the vents get blocked hence shooting temp up and frying the board.

suvajit

Broken In

it is fine. all laptops heats up to that temperature. you have have heard about laptops with their motherboards getting burnt, usually they gets heated to 110+ or the vents get blocked hence shooting temp up and frying the board.
thanks sam......surprisingly :shock: I have changed to a relatively cooler room & the temps goes to max 63 deg.....I think my previous room is the culprit......

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

thanks sam......surprisingly :shock: I have changed to a relatively cooler room & the temps goes to max 63 deg.....I think my previous room is the culprit......

63? for the same game? looks impossible. maximum drop should be 2-3 not 25-28. well, were you gaming on the APU with discrete graphics off? this is the only way one can get 6Xdegree temp while gaming.

Re: HP G6 2005AX Need Assistance !!

first of all, hello, i am a new proud owner of this amazing laptop, and so far has been satisfied with its performance immensely.

Hey people.. I bought HP g6 2005ax 2 weeks. Must say i very good laptop..
Windows experience index shown below shows the performance of this awesome laptop.

CPU - 6.7
RAM - 5.9
Graphics - 6.7
Gaming Graphics -6.7
Hard disk - 5.9

Yes.. U must be amazed by seeing 6.7 for both Graphics and Gaming Graphics.. if u want that rating set in high performance mode and disable Crossfire.. i.e.
* Disable APU+GPU..
* Set for only APU..
Then when High performance is set it wil only use dGPU instead of using dGPU+iGPU which results in higher performance because of crappy amd drivers for CROSSFIRE. :lol:

NOW THE REAL PROBLEM IS Turbo clock

I wonder if somebody can help me on this..
*When i use the laptop in hp recommended mode.. It moves between 1.4 - 1.9 ghz

* When i use in high performance mode.. it stays constantly on 1.9 ghz BUT NEVER MOVES TO 2.3 ghz.. :-(

Can some of you .. who are already using the laptop or know how it works explain me about this. plz.. :|

Additional details : I use a gadget to monitor clock speed.

And
Wen i play games cpu temp goes upto 84 degrees(avg 80 degrees).. even with the cooler pad.. is this normal..? I stay in bangalore and its not too hot here.

Additional Details : Im using zebronics cooler pad.. People who are using cooler master can share their reviews about cooling.

Although i still haven't managed to get those WEI, but i do have seen the CPU hit a max core frequency of 2.82 Ghz

*www.dropbox.com/s/tr70dniy7v5lygw/cpuz-max cpu.png

check the url ...

suvajit

Broken In

63? for the same game? looks impossible. maximum drop should be 2-3 not 25-28. well, were you gaming on the APU with discrete graphics off? this is the only way one can get 6Xdegree temp while gaming.

not sure whether I was playing only with the APU or not.......but yes got those temps while playing on battery........

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

not sure whether I was playing only with the APU or not.......but yes got those temps while playing on battery........

then dGPU is off unless you have tweaked or changed setting in CCC. i doubt there is any laptop that can run game at high details easily keeping temperature at 60.

Piyush

Lanaya

somebody choose the best one among these

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics vs Samsung Series 3 Laptop vs Acer Aspire V3-551G Laptop APU Quad Core A8/4GB/500GB/Win7 HB/2.5GB Graphics (NX.M0FSI.004): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ best in terms of VFM or looks? look wise, its samsung. VFM its HP. Maybe more battery backup in Samsung.
BTW for you?

Piyush

Lanaya

^^ best in terms of VFM or looks? look wise, its samsung. VFM its HP. Maybe more battery backup in Samsung.
BTW for you?

yea...I'm looking for VFM+battery combo
its for me
will be using it for coding, gaming and stuff

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

buy the HP. I don't know how the Acer looks and infact for the first time seen such a glossy Acer laptop. Samsung is overpriced like hell when HP can be had for 32k with bag.

Piyush

Lanaya

buy the HP. I don't know how the Acer looks and infact for the first time seen such a glossy Acer laptop. Samsung is overpriced like hell when HP can be had for 32k with bag.
yea
plus HP is also providing that cooler master cooling pad
the only let down is 3hr battery backup

on the other hand
Samsung --> 5 hrs
Acer--> 6 hrs

yea

on the other hand
Samsung --> 5 hrs
Acer--> 6 hrs

Are you sure about this ... cause i have spent 4+ hours on this battery and still 28% was left ... i watched 2 episodes, chatted on fb, completed one office document on word, listened to 10 so songs ... when i decided to plug in the laptop ..

mooon

Broken In

Bought this laptop today only locally. Price Rs 34k. They say the price have increased around Rs 400 . Got only bag and a mouse. and Xbox 360 controller at Rs 1350.

@piyush...is HP really giving cooling pad with it???

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yea

better to buy it locally and then decide if you need a cooling pad. total should be less than flipkart. Also that way the shopkeeper may partition the HDD.

on the other hand
Samsung --> 5 hrs
Acer--> 6 hrs

don't believe in flipkarts no. I bet Acer laptop will never offer 6hr battery though possible in case of Samsung. i have used the laptop and battery backup is 2hr only if you max out brightness or play game else 4hr or more (if you underclock the processor).

@piyush...is HP really giving cooling pad with it???

no. its an offer by flipkart. thats why asking almost 2k more.

Piyush

Lanaya

so what will be the expected value that I may get when buying locally?

and also what about the rumor that this laptop heats up pretty fast
specially WASD side when playing games

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

my friend bought it for 32.4k a month back (the unit i reviewed). Another shop was giving it for 33k 2months ago with many crap items. haven't visited the shop since then so no idea if there is any change in street price. Can try HP world but they'll ask a premium and offer you nothing. 32-32.5k is the expected price with bag.

Piyush

Lanaya

my friend bought it for 32.4k a month back (the unit i reviewed). Another shop was giving it for 33k 2months ago with many crap items. haven't visited the shop since then so no idea if there is any change in street price. Can try HP world but they'll ask a premium and offer you nothing. 32-32.5k is the expected price with bag.

and what about this thing?

what about the rumor that this laptop heats up pretty fast
specially WASD side when playing games

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

true. the left side palm rest gets really hot if you play some demanding game (if discrete GPU is on). I felt it cause i use WASD key combos. But thats the only part to heat up so using arrow keys will fix it but that may spoil gaming fun. keyboard never felt warm irrespective of game or not.

Top Bottom