HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

hi all trinity members , also bought ths little black beauty for 32700rs, first impression awesome, i have seen a brown version in a shop, it has more sparkling effect on the body i guess. as most of the issues have already been asked and addressed, nothing more to ask :)

brown?

Then howcome some other users are able to install it?

no idea :(

Everything seems to be running fine now..do i need to do a restore or back to factory settings?

if everything works normally then no need to restore again.

just wanted to ask if anyone is experiencing change in brightness after switching between different tabs or applications..

yup. There is a setting in AMD CCC about auto brightness adjust. try ticking it off. also this change in brightness arises when the brightness is set at 50% or higher.

Guys am planning to buy a laptop but am confused if I should wait for asus k series A10 models or buy Hp g6 ?

if you can wait, A10 should cost 35-36k or maybe more at launch.

But I've got a one very big concern regarding the temperature of this laptop.Everyone has confirmed that temperature raises to 90 degree while gaming. This seems very high though. Won't this high temperature reduce the life of this laptop drastically? I'm going to buy my first laptop and this is the biggest doubt in my mind.

if you game on any laptop, temperatures will touch 90 or even 100. you can't do anything about it other than getting yourself a cooling pad. But at least in this laptop even after heavy gaming, only left side heats up a badly with rest everything running exceptionally cool.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

^^ yup sam, first time went for inquiry i saw a brown one. it was kept for display. but i said i need the black one. iam also concerned with the temp (after reading your review) , anybody put some light about crossfire performance in dx11 games , right now dont have games to test.

does gaming performance have a effect from win7 hb and win7 ultimate, it may be noob question but i saw many posts saying win7hb was not good so installed win7ultimate.

and finally those who bought from flipkart which model coolermaster cooler did they provided

Last edited:

LoneWanderer

Broken In

I dont think win7hb and ultimate will make any difference in gaming..i personally dont like Win7hb coz its missing the aero theme :| (transparency) and bout the cooling pad..
this was the reply from Flipkart to my query.. Cooler Master Notepal D-Lite Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

ronny22

Right off the assembly line

yup. There is a setting in AMD CCC about auto brightness adjust. try ticking it off. also this change in brightness arises when the brightness is set at 50% or higher.

thanks Buddy....
got it...

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

thanks for the info lonewanderer............
:)

droid5

hello guys. im getting this wonderful machine for 32,300 with an hp bag. is it overpriced or shud i go for it ? plz answer:-|

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ 32k is fair pricing. go for it. bargain a bit, maybe get it even cheaper.

droid5

^^thanks for the reply sam. got it today, he was not ready to go down after 32,300 and was looking me like this :shock:. so i decided it to settle at it only.:razz:. did a lamination for 100rs , bought a philips headset.

i was looking forward to have a dual os in it ( xp ).wat are the things i need to know before doing that ? (i do have a recovery ). any problems faced by anyone ?

i tried crysis2 , had some compatibility issues.xp compatibility mode is not for windows home basic :cry:. or shud i install windows 7 ultimate ?

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

pheew...... i had serious issues with the techpowerup link 12.6 driver , that thing crashed my lappie i coudnt boot in i had to do system restore in safe mod, i wish amd release a stable driver soon.

aswinarjun99

Broken In

hi all,
had anybody tried the video settings in CCC??
I have ticked the demo mode option, but was not able to see any kind of splitscreen or video enhancements during playing...
Those who have tried , please share their exp,,,

Im using catalyst 12.6 driver and win7 Ultimate...

duke123

In the zone

pheew...... i had serious issues with the techpowerup link 12.6 driver , that thing crashed my lappie i coudnt boot in i had to do system restore in safe mod, i wish amd release a stable driver soon.

i tried so many versions and it was the only version that seemed to work...how come some users are able to update with techpowerup while others cant??

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^thanks for the reply sam. got it today, he was not ready to go down after 32,300 and was looking me like this :shock:. so i decided it to settle at it only.:razz:. did a lamination for 100rs , bought a philips headset.

congrats. BTW laminated the lid or the screen? post a few pics want to check the lamination.

i was looking forward to have a dual os in it ( xp ).wat are the things i need to know before doing that ? (i do have a recovery ). any problems faced by anyone ?

Graphics driver is there and usually HDMI audio works so maybe audio driver will work too. but bluetooth, wifi, wtc mayn't work. And finding the exact driver is not easy. Though all drivers are given so you may try installing them.

i tried crysis2 , had some compatibility issues.xp compatibility mode is not for windows home basic :cry:. or shud i install windows 7 ultimate ?

yup paid for the W7 license also (part of the whole deal). so better stick to whats given rather than installing ultimate.

Use the 15$ upgrade to Windows 8 Professional offer when Windows 8 launches. It'll have XP Compatibility mode most probably.

droid5

congrats. BTW laminated the lid or the screen? post a few pics want to check the lamination.

Thanks Sam, laminated on both screen and lid. here are the pics

IMG_20120811_190226.jpgIMG_20120811_190455.jpgIMG_20120811_190633.jpg:razz:

Graphics driver is there and usually HDMI audio works so maybe audio driver will work too. but bluetooth, wifi, wtc mayn't work. And finding the exact driver is not easy. Though all drivers are given so you may try installing them.

yup paid for the W7 license also (part of the whole deal). so better stick to whats given rather than installing ultimate.

seems a lil complicated so will sail with home basic only till the windows 8 comes as said by MetalheadGautham.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

hey all, i got this lappy from flipkart 4 days back.
what temps u get in gaming?
and do we have to choose discreet gpu separately or it automatically gets into action during games?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

hey all, i got this lappy from flipkart 4 days back.

this is the way you prepare for hostel ;)
congrats Jassy :grin: damn i am the last one again. I am sure baba will grab it or something similar before i do just like he did when buying PC.

BTW still playing TF2?

what temps u get in gaming?

gaming with Xfire on:
*i.imgur.com/azB4O.jpg

and do we have to choose discreet gpu separately or it automatically gets into action during games?

check this link. I have explain how to configure games to use APU, GPU or CrossFire.

Thanks Sam, laminated on both screen and lid. here are the pics

looks even better that way, with lamination :) any effect on screen brightness?

droid5

looks even better that way, with lamination :) any effect on screen brightness?
i used it with lamination only so can't say.. but i got no complaints.:), except the windows 7 home basic if it would have been free dos with even 1k less would be a superstar for me. downloading nfs run ,hope it works .:mrgreen:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

this is the way you prepare for hostel ;)
congrats Jassy :grin: damn i am the last one again. I am sure baba will grab it or something similar before i do just like he did when buying PC.

BTW still playing TF2?

gaming with Xfire on:
*i.imgur.com/azB4O.jpg

check this link. I have explain how to configure games to use APU, GPU or CrossFire.

grab it fasttttt, flipkart deal ^^
and i cant think of leaving tf2 XD

so is 90c fine?

and checking that link now.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
downloading nfs run ,hope it works .:mrgreen:

don't. crap game. absolutely boring and way to short.

grab it fasttttt, flipkart deal ^^
and i cant think of leaving tf2 XD

available locally for 32k but without cooling pad or extra warranty. moreover FK won't ship to my place :(

so is 90c fine?

most laptop heats up even more. and i guess 90 is processor temperature so its on the higher side but fine.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In

Bought this laptop for Rs. 35154 (in EMI installment).. In fact I'll get it tomorrow (with speaker, keyguard, cleansing agent, bag, tata photon +, a reebok shoe)
I'll move to delhi in 24hours (new sem of college).. I need to create a recovery disk and partition the drives. Since this is my very first lappy, any guidance regarding this will be helpful. Also any tips of what settings and changes I should do after receiving it.
I wont get a cooler & will be gaming a lot, so need to buy it. Noob question: whats the difference between a Rs.200 cooler and a Rs.900 one?

Top Bottom