HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

do2blehelix

Broken In
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

hey guys,
i just got this laptop some weeks ago...
thanks for the wonderful review....

just that i had a query...about the hard disk in this laptop.

i was supplied with a toshiba hard disk in the laptop
.....which gives transfer speeds from one partition to another around 11Mbps which is unexpected!. It starts around 30-35 and then falls.

for copying to and from a usb drive it averages speeds around 20Mbps !

i was hoping if somebody could provide benchmarks for the same and let me know if that is normal or do i have to get a replacement !!

thanks in advance.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
toshiba HDD are known to be slow. are you sure the package was not tempered with anyway cause in all other case its Seagate that got shipped.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

@ forum friends,the reviews of this laptop:---> HP G6 2005AX - powered by Trinity,pouring in is quite making an impression and mark.
Are there any battery issues,which was plaguing HP two years before?

Still like @Sam and others, my preference and wait is for ASUS or (SAMSUNG - personal choice) with AMD A10 APU.

Patience is a virtue....

droid5

Right off the assembly line

don't. crap game. absolutely boring and way to short.

cancelled it, now doing resident evil operation raccoon city.

sam,at redemption registration page they ask for product serial no ,we have one serial no and product no at the box ,so we have to write serial no on the box right ?

ronny22

hey guys,
i just got this laptop some weeks ago...
thanks for the wonderful review....

just that i had a query...about the hard disk in this laptop.

i was supplied with a toshiba hard disk in the laptop
.....which gives transfer speeds from one partition to another around 11Mbps which is unexpected!. It starts around 30-35 and then falls.

for copying to and from a usb drive it averages speeds around 20Mbps !

i was hoping if somebody could provide benchmarks for the same and let me know if that is normal or do i have to get a replacement !!

thanks in advance.

I have got hitachi hdd,,,, i am now confused,, is hp installing different hdd in the same model of laptop...

suvajit

Broken In

guys..... how much time will be taken by the hp redemption cell to sent acknowledgement e-mail of the receipt of my documents for 2nd & 3rd year extended warranty?
I have sent docs through DTDC on 6th aug and they have delivered it on 8th aug......till now no confirmation e-mail.....is anything wrong...what can i do?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

sam,at redemption registration page they ask for product serial no ,we have one serial no and product no at the box ,so we have to write serial no on the box right ?

i guess so but wait for someone who have applied for this offer to confirm.

duke123

In the zone

guys..... how much time will be taken by the hp redemption cell to sent acknowledgement e-mail of the receipt of my documents for 2nd & 3rd year extended warranty?
I have sent docs through DTDC on 6th aug and they have delivered it on 8th aug......till now no confirmation e-mail.....is anything wrong...what can i do?

wait for a few more days...then try to contact them through mail...i received a confirmation after 3 days they got the doccuments

Dear Sir / Madam,

Redemption Code: xxxxxxx

Notebook or Desktop Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxx

This is with reference to your participation under HP Back to Campus offer, we would like to update that we have received your claim documents and the same are under validation. The Carepaq shall be dispatched post approval of the claim.

For any further query we request you to kindly send your email at notebook@solutions-intg.com

Thanks & regards,

HP Redemption Cell

suvajit

Broken In

wait for a few more days...then try to contact them through mail...i received a confirmation after 3 days they got the doccuments

Dear Sir / Madam,

Redemption Code: xxxxxxx

Notebook or Desktop Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxx

This is with reference to your participation under HP Back to Campus offer, we would like to update that we have received your claim documents and the same are under validation. The Carepaq shall be dispatched post approval of the claim.

For any further query we request you to kindly send your email at notebook@solutions-intg.com

Thanks & regards,

HP Redemption Cell

thanks......

yogi007

thanks Buddy....
got it...

Hi, How do I access the AMD CCC? Did not understand how to fix the problem of the changing brightness everytime I switch between tabs/ windows etc. did not find where to tick off the auto brightness feature. would be helpful if you can share how you fixed it. thank you.

LoneWanderer

Broken In

I havnt received any confirmation yet as well..sent the docs via speed post..delivered on 11th Aug..but no reply till date..i've sent an e-mail to notebook@solutions-intg.com regarding this...no reply yet..

Shoaibq

Broken In

U will get confirmation by 20th..if not already recieved..

I havnt received any confirmation yet as well..sent the docs via speed post..delivered on 11th Aug..but no reply till date..i've sent an e-mail to notebook@solutions-intg.com regarding this...no reply yet..

Its clearly mentioned they will send confirmation after 7 working days..U will get it by 22~23rd..assuming they recieved it by 13th..

LoneWanderer

Broken In

@Shoaibq

But in the email they sent after registration, they had mentioned "within 2 days" ..

" On receipt of your claim documents, an acknowledgement will be sent to your registered email id/mobile number within 2 working days from the time/date of receipt of your claim documents and the a digital Carepack certificate will be issued and sent to your registered email ID within 30 days of approval of claim."

ronny22

Hi, How do I access the AMD CCC? Did not understand how to fix the problem of the changing brightness everytime I switch between tabs/ windows etc. did not find where to tick off the auto brightness feature. would be helpful if you can share how you fixed it. thank you.

Sorry for late reply.
The option is called vari-bright.
Untitled.jpg

suvajit

Broken In

Finally I have got the acknowledgement e-mail today. My docs were delivered on 8th aug. So u should get it by 20-21st aug........

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

Finally I have got the acknowledgement e-mail today. My docs were delivered on 8th aug. So u should get it by 20-21st aug........
guys i too sent for warranty extend offer through ems on 9th; how did you people knewiot was delivered on the dates you have mentioned above?????

LoneWanderer

Broken In

k good :-o ..was gettin a lil suspicious..hope i get it soon too..

guys i too sent for warranty extend offer through ems on 9th; how did you people knewiot was delivered on the dates you have mentioned above?????

EMS Speed Post tracking.. India Post | Tools | Track Consignments ..the tracking number is mentioned on the receipt..at the top

magnet

Youngling

Till when an one get extended warranty?

Mean if i buy tomorrow will be eligible to go for extended warranty?

antisocialbratt

Journeyman

I had to do a clean install on my GF's lappy cuz she forgot her password :p
Now i need to download all the drivers as hp didnt gave any driver disc. Can anyone post the list of drivers i need to download? There are tons of different drivers on hp website for the same laptop component but with different manufacturers name. I can download all of them and try till one of them works but that is gonna waste a lot of bandwidth and time. So please help me.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

first try the display driver from here: AMD Catalyst Drivers 12.8 and rest i think will be pretty much same except for USB driver.

Top Bottom