HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

rish1

Cyborg Agent
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

^^ cpubenchmark relies on passmark score which is not good..
Check notebookcheck benches of cinebench, wprime , and other softwares
it is slightly slower than i3 3rd gen and an a10 is in between i3 and i5 3rd gen..
If amd processors were running at their full capacity 2.8 ghz/3.2ghz then story would have been different. Also note llano cpu performance is better than trinity at same clock speed. A6 3500m at 2.0 ghz beats a8 4500m at 2.3ghz..

davinder

Broken In

i had gone to buy lenovo G580 3rd i5, but the salesman convinced me that g6 2005ax is better :-(
i bought this laptop for 31800 rs,

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Is the GPU better than GT630M?
HD 7670 itself is faster than GT 630. And when HD 7640G + 7670 are run as crossfire, then it is much faster.

i had gone to buy lenovo G580 3rd i5, but the salesman convinced me that g6 2005ax is better :-(
i bought this laptop for 31800 rs,
Processor wise? Nope.

But graphics wise and in running games, this is much faster. Unbeatable at the price.

davinder

Broken In

Also the display seems to be unusually brighter than normal!!
(I have reduced the gamma levels)but the colors are still brighter then usual.

Has anyone tried to install window 7 ultimate(x64) yet?

whenever i try to boot window 7 setup from USB! It loads fine but then it stops as it can't find load drivers indeed continue the setup! what could be wrong?

Last edited:

Shoaibq

Broken In

set temperature to 6500k and tick on the option above that ( something like extended )

Thanks Rish..I tried that but that returns the bluishness in the screen..I m keeping it at 5300K which is looking fine to me.

Go into the amd vision setiings

desktop mangangement < desktop color < reset everything default< and gamma levels to .80.

Thanks davinder..gamma to .80 did help little bit..
want to increase little bit sharpness.

Also the display seems to be unusually high!!

I have reduced the gamma levels (AMD vission setings)..
but the color are still brighter then usual

I am having exact opposite problem :p
No matter wat setting i apply, it seems little bit dark..n sharpness seems less..

mani0993

Right off the assembly line

First of all, thanks for the reviews :doublethumb:. This laptop looks like a real deal. Was going to buy the Samsung np300ez Corei5 @ ~35.5k, but it was out-of-stock on FK and everywhere else (almost).

Then while searching hit some HP G6 related threads and the config looked awesome for the money we are paying.

Ordered it on FK today though the price is ~33.9K. Called up 2-3 retailers in my area (suburbs, Mumbai). They quoted 35.4K & 33.4K without freebies or accessories. So decided to go with FK since they offer 900/- cooling pad + an extra years' warranty.

Expected date of delivery is 1st August, so will try to post a detailed review if I'm able to.

Last edited:

Gtb93

In the zone

First of all, thanks for the reviews :doublethumb:. This laptop looks like a real deal. Was going to buy the Samsung np300ez Corei5 @ ~35.5k, but it was out-of-stock on FK and everywhere else (almost).

Then while searching hit some HP G6 related threads and the config looked awesome for the money we are paying.

Ordered it on FK today though the price is ~34.9K. Called up 2-3 retailers in my area (suburbs, Mumbai). They quoted 35.4K & 33.4K without freebies or accessories. So decided to go with FK since they offer 900/- cooling pad + an extra years' warranty.

Expected date of delivery is 1st August, so will try to post a detailed review if I'm able to.
Would love a review.
BTW, price is 33.9 k right? on FK

antisocialbratt

Journeyman

I'm gonna get this one for my gf tomorrow. Unfortunately can't wait for a flipkart delivery. Thus gotta find the best deal in Bangalore. Any suggestions are welcome.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman

Didnt had time to look for a local hp seller. Thus bought it from relliance digital for 33.5K with some cheapass mouse, headphones and backpack.

LoneWanderer

Broken In

Hey guys...just bought this laptop for Rs.32,750 yeah :lol: ...the M.R.P is Rs.34,143..
the dealer had previously agreed on 32.2K..but the piece he had was not sealed..so i said i'll wait for the new stock(this was a week ago)
today(after arrival of new stock), he said that the prices have increased..so 550 extra..
What was the previous MRP??

davinder

Broken In

Hey guys...just bought this laptop for Rs.32,750 yeah :lol: ...the M.R.P is Rs.34,143..
the dealer had previously agreed on 32.2K..but the piece he had was not sealed..so i said i'll wait for the new stock(this was a week ago)
today(after arrival of new stock), he said that the prices have increased..so 550 extra..
What was the previous MRP??

its the hottest selling mid range notebook these days,
When i bought this notebook the MRP was 33,500.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

its the hottest selling mid range notebook these days,
When i bought this notebook the MRP was 33,500.

1.5GB graphics memory, dual GPU, quad core. All these makes it looks like an ultra-premium laptop and 99% buyers fall for it. Most weight graphics power by just amount of graphics memory thats why last hot seller was the Asus K53SD with crap GT610.

meetajaykumar.93

HP G6 2005AX Need Assistance !!

Hey people.. I bought HP g6 2005ax 2 weeks. Must say i very good laptop..
Windows experience index shown below shows the performance of this awesome laptop.

CPU - 6.7
RAM - 5.9
Graphics - 6.7
Gaming Graphics -6.7
Hard disk - 5.9

Yes.. U must be amazed by seeing 6.7 for both Graphics and Gaming Graphics.. if u want that rating set in high performance mode and disable Crossfire.. i.e.
* Disable APU+GPU..
* Set for only APU..
Then when High performance is set it wil only use dGPU instead of using dGPU+iGPU which results in higher performance because of crappy amd drivers for CROSSFIRE. :lol:

NOW THE REAL PROBLEM IS Turbo clock

I wonder if somebody can help me on this..
*When i use the laptop in hp recommended mode.. It moves between 1.4 - 1.9 ghz

* When i use in high performance mode.. it stays constantly on 1.9 ghz BUT NEVER MOVES TO 2.3 ghz.. :-(

Can some of you .. who are already using the laptop or know how it works explain me about this. plz.. :|

Additional details : I use a gadget to monitor clock speed.

And
Wen i play games cpu temp goes upto 84 degrees(avg 80 degrees).. even with the cooler pad.. is this normal..? I stay in bangalore and its not too hot here.

Additional Details : Im using zebronics cooler pad.. People who are using cooler master can share their reviews about cooling.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..

Am planing to buy it ignoring the fact that all big shops in jalandhar told me avoid AMD,but I trust TD. I hv some queries-
1. is any mechanism is there to on/off the gpu? or gpu turned on automaticlly?

2. how many partitions I will get out of box.
3. is all required drivers all there or hv to download sepetatly.
4. can I play mafia2 @ medium setting.

meetajaykumar.93

Am planing to buy it ignoring the fact that all big shops in jalandhar told me avoid AMD,but I trust TD. I hv some queries-
1. is any mechanism is there to on/off the gpu? or gpu turned on automaticlly?

2. how many partitions I will get out of box.
3. is all required drivers all there or hv to download sepetatly.
4. can I play mafia2 @ medium setting.

Shops tell customers to avoid AMD because of the heating problem in earlier AMD Processors.. But Now its totally good.. I have this laptop and it stays at 35 degrees in normal operation but goes to 80 degree while gaming (like any other gaming laptop would do). Trust Hp g6 2005ax.. Go for it my friend !!

1. There is mechanism to on/off dGPU in ati catalyst control panel. if u off dgpu .. it uses only apu graphics.. The other option is APU+dGPU which use both of them. There is a way for which u can select GPU for each application.
For games select high performance mode(dGPU) or other light apps use Power Saving Mode(APU).

2. The laptop comes with two partitions C and D drive(recovery). Leave the D drive as it is and U can shrink the size of C drive.. then Free space is created and u can create more drives in the free space.

3. All the drivers and basic softwares are pre-installed.. No need of anything extra.

4.My friend, u will be amazed to know that u can play MAFIA II on high settings without any lag on 30 FPS(Everything High PhysX turned OFF) .. :-D
You have not experienced this gaming beast. Here are the other games which worked on this laptop :
* NFS Run - All Medium setting , Texture ultra - 30 FPS :-D
All High Setting , Texture ultra - 25 FPS

* Dirt Showdown - Everything Maxed OUT !! - 40 - 50 fps :lol:

* Assassin's Creed Revelations - All maxed Out - 35 - 45 fps :-D

*GTA IV - All maxed out - Avg. 25 fps :wink:

Hope This was helpful to everyone who wants to buy this laptop. :-o

Top Bottom