HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Well my budget is 40k...Asus K53SM-SX010D was another model i was looking at. But i havent seen any asus service centre at my place so i decided on buying this one. Btw do u think Asus K53SM-SX010D is better than G6-2005AX?

Asus themselves provide service rather Rashi, Digicomp, etc handles the RMA part.

Yes, Asus one is better but overpriced. 2006TX cost 1k more (40k for Asus) and you get better GPU, bag and Windows 7 genuine.

trublu

Ta da !

My friend just got the G6 2005AX. He is not able to enable bluetooth on his laptop ( or verify if it already enabled :D ). Drivers are up to date. Any help?

Thanks.

anoopjylive

Broken In

that sucked for me ..

purchases made after 7th july only

1 year additional warranty is free for which i paid rs 1133

and 3rd year warranty costs rs 1133 which i cannot get .

akbsol , gg , anoop bro we should file a case against them ... lol... ha ha

anybody in favour of requesting them ??
anoop bro what about u man ? i guess you purchased it after 30 th june and before 7 th july . right ? if you are willing to take any action , i am with you bro
:blink: Suddenly a wild offer appears..:blackeye: Just too hilarious aint it?...One offer there for purchases before 30th Jun and another one , for free, post July 7 purchases.Damn lucky me! My purchase date is 5th July lol..And you bro, Rish.You got atleast lucky enough to grab the first offer..

Shoaibq

Broken In

Just bought this laptop today..
Will post details later..
For warranty..
Got 3yrs warranty for 1133..that is 999+ 12.5% tax..

Offer valid till 27 Aug

anoopjylive

Broken In

Just bought this laptop today..
Will post details later..
For warranty..
Got 3yrs warranty for 1133..that is 999+ 12.5% tax..

Offer valid till 27 Aug

Congos bro.Welcome to the club.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Enjoy the stay here and feel free to post some pics.And you have got a real good deal there with the 3 year package.. :toast: Cheers..

rish1

Cyborg Agent

:blink: Suddenly a wild offer appears..:blackeye: Just too hilarious aint it?...One offer there for purchases before 30th Jun and another one , for free, post July 7 purchases.Damn lucky me! My purchase date is 5th July lol..And you bro, Rish.You got atleast lucky enough to grab the first offer..

it is just too hilarious to be termed as Hilarious

at least they should have given us the option to purchase 1 year additional warrant for rs 1133 if not free , that would have minimised the frustration .

i did post a mail to them which i do not think they will even read.

and were they sleeping from 1st july to 7th july ???

anyways yeah i guess you were out of luck a bit more to fall between their sleeping period

well it's history now .. let it R.I.P

i guess they'll be planning a 3 year free warranty after 27 august lol...

you never know :cool:

ohh and dont forget to tell the performance of cooling pad when you get it ?

does anybody know where is the vent of the cpu ? is it the centre one ( large one ) or the one just besides the hard disk( small one) ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

My friend just got the G6 2005AX. He is not able to enable bluetooth on his laptop ( or verify if it already enabled :D ). Drivers are up to date. Any help?

Thanks.
Try Ubuntu.

anoopjylive

Broken In

i did post a mail to them which i do not think they will even read.
I dont think that would be of any use.Because it is at their sole discretion to offer us a package or not.
and were they sleeping from 1st july to 7th july ???
That is what i am wondering..lol

anyways yeah i guess you were out of luck a bit more to fall between their sleeping period

well it's history now .. let it R.I.P
Yea.I would just close my eyes and take a deep breath. :meditate: I haven't heard of any extended warranty offers from HP and i am happy with what i have.. :lol:

i guess they'll be planning a 3 year free warranty after 27 august lol...

you never know :cool:
Most probably after 5th or 6th September i would assume.They need some gap for another sleep right? ;-)

ohh and dont forget to tell the performance of cooling pad when you get it ?

does anybody know where is the vent of the cpu ? is it the centre one ( large one ) or the one just besides the hard disk( small one) ?
Well turns out that the model is out of stock now.CoolerMaster has discontinued the product it seems.I am being offered this model now.Might receive on monday or tuesday.
The heat vent is the one on the left right? Near to the HDMI port.

trublu

Ta da !

Try Ubuntu.

:D No, seriously. Any windows-based solution to this?

He's having trouble figuring out Windows 7..you want me to try to convince him to use Ubuntu? :p

rish1

Cyborg Agent

I

Yea.I would just close my eyes and take a deep breath. :meditate:
this smiley perfectly blended with the line and gave me 15 minutes of non stop laugh.
the timing was just perfect ..!!

The heat vent is the one on the left right? Near to the HDMI port.

actually i was asking about the holes from where the air passes which are underneath the laptop . i wanted to know which one is for the cpu so that i can decide about the proper cooling pad, that can blow the air directly into the holes.

thanks

sshhhhh... do not disturb

HARI OMMMM :meditate: lol...

Last edited:

Shoaibq

Broken In

Here is a coupla screenshots..I tried three different graphics settings

Now the third config was definitely better than the first two.But still wasn't the best.Again i couldn't get time to fiddle with the settings for an optimal configuration.A balance of graphics and performance.Hope somebody will spare some time and post here.. :)

And regarding your other queries hope you are clear.USB 3.0 is backward compatible.No issues.I have the bundled cheapo mouse and i guess its USB 2.0 (if not 1.1 lol) and it works like a charm on all the ports (3.0 and 2.0).Only thing u need to install the 3.0 drivers.I have tested USB 2.0 external HDDs and pendrives too.

Congos bro.Welcome to the club.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Enjoy the stay here and feel free to post some pics.And you have got a real good deal there with the 3 year package.. :toast: Cheers..

Thanks bro..:-D
N thanks for the MP3 screenshots..game is looking great on Normal settings..:doublethumb:

I have couple of Questions
  • Regarding partition. The dealer told me other users of this model get problem in partitioning the disk, and wanted me to get the partition done there only..I told him i will do it later.. Has anyone done partition in this and faced any problem? Which tool was used?
  • Yes the screen does feel little bit blueish..Somebody did posted its solution to adjust the color. I am unable to find the post. Can anyone post the link of the post or the solution itself..?

duke123

In the zone

i tried to partition the harddisk with paragon partition manager...but it says unable to create more partitions as there are already four partition....now what to do...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

read this:

You can only create 4 Primary Partition. But you can as much as logical partitions.

So create a extended partition and under that create as much as logical partition you want.

*i.imgur.com/7OYIg.jpg

See, For Eg., I have created 4 Partition of which first 3 are Partition and last one Extended Partition as only 4 Partition can be created.

Now I have created 2 Logical Partition and some Free Space is there too under the Extended Partition. Here you can create any number of Logical Partition under Extended Partition.

So For Eg., If you have a 500 GB HDD. Assume First 3 Partitions to be Primary and of 60GB Each. Now create a Extended Partition of rest 320GB, as only 4 partitions can be created and this last one needs to extended in order to create more partition.

Now under this 320GB extended partition create as much as logical partition you want.

Shoaibq

Broken In

^^ try changing laptop screen temperature.

Thanks Sam..
I m new AMD user so took me some time to find the screen temperature option in AMD vision engine.. I was searching temperature control in windows options..:p

The bluishness is gone but still having a hard time doing the color/contrast etc settings..

I have tried lot of permutation n combinations but still cant get proper settings..
Can the proud owners of this machine please post screenshots of their AMD vision engine for colors settings..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

:D No, seriously. Any windows-based solution to this?

He's having trouble figuring out Windows 7..you want me to try to convince him to use Ubuntu? :p
well, Live USB/CD I meant.

You won't have to install a driver for Bluetooth in Ubuntu. :p If it works out-of-the-box, then it's good.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Thanks Sam..
I m new AMD user so took me some time to find the screen temperature option in AMD vision engine.. I was searching temperature control in windows options..:p

The bluishness is gone but still having a hard time doing the color/contrast etc settings..

I have tried lot of permutation n combinations but still cant get proper settings..
Can the proud owners of this machine please post screenshots of their AMD vision engine for colors settings..

set temperature to 6500k and tick on the option above that ( something like extended )

davinder

Broken In

Thanks Sam..

Go into the amd vision setiings

desktop mangangement < desktop color < reset everything default< and gamma levels to .80.

davinder

Broken In

*img513.imageshack.us/img513/2806/34203237.png
Reasons to buy
• Amd A8 quad core beats 3rd Gen i5 Source: Cpubenchmark.com
• Genuine windows 7 which can be upgraded to window 8

Last edited:

Gtb93

In the zone

And all this while I heard i5 was better in performance than the A8?
I've read plenty of articles and only graphics was the field wherein it won over i5.

Top Bottom