HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

duke123

In the zone
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

today i visited a hp authorized dealer..he told me 32.3k and 700rs additional for 1 year extra warranty(ie total 33k)...isnt the extra warranty offer over by jun 30th...even if it was there shouldnt we be paying that to hp directly(by sending them the details)...can somebody tell me whether any new extended warranty offer has come?????

rish89

Broken In

Is this laptop available in any other color than black....i visited 3 hp dealers all have black color model...even flipkart has black color model only

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
only available in black for now. Saholic was selling blue (their website says so) but the image they used for reference was black.

Shoaibq

Broken In

After reading all the reviews especially great reviews from Games Goblin and akbsol I am inclined to buy this laptop. I hope i will have good experience with it like others.

Anybody has played max payne 3 on this yet?

hellscream666

Broken In

and I got my own little mean machine G6 2005ax 2 days back :)
so far quite happy with the performance ....currently playing not so intensive games due to time constraints, but team fortress 2 is running fine .... so does the witcher 2 and dragon age : origins

Was having internet issues so was playing so far on the HP stock drivers, have not installed catalyst control centre and fooled around with the settings there.

If am not mistaken, the default gpu configuration is the crossfire one right ?

anoopjylive

Broken In

anoop bro can you tell me how is the performance of the cooling pad on this lappy. How much temp was it able to bring it down both at idle and at stress...
Also please tell me your model also thanks..

Yea even i wish i could tell you..But my cooling pad( the piece i received) was a defective one.:| Its sent for replacement.Once i receive (most probably today or tomorrow) i shall test and tell you the difference..Like you said i too am satisfied with the lap's cooling.Esp the chassis stays cool even if there's a lot heat generated (even you feel it through the exhaust).Esp when i keep my palms on the sides of the touch pad and type, i am impressed.( here i am comparing it with my previous Vaio).
My intentions why i went for the cooling pad was i needed a cooler + a good stand and the HP heating issues and the larger fan of this model help me made my decision.My lap cooler model is this
As i can tell you definitely a good cooler is a worth asset.It can drop temperatures between 4-7 degree C.It might not look a big difference in short term.But in the long run it definitely adds up to the longevity and the stability of the machine( esp if you are a gamer).
I previously had the predecessor of this cooling pad (this one).As i can say there was a temperature drop in my previous lap when gaming esp.Like i told only in the long run can you know how it adds-up to the longevity and how worth the investment is. :)
When i get mine replaced i will test and tell you the difference on our specific lappy.
Meanwhile you can check some reviews here:

Review

video review

another review

Yet another one

today i visited a hp authorized dealer..he told me 32.3k and 700rs additional for 1 year extra warranty(ie total 33k)...isnt the extra warranty offer over by jun 30th...even if it was there shouldnt we be paying that to hp directly(by sending them the details)...can somebody tell me whether any new extended warranty offer has come?????
Yea the additional warranty provided by HP under the redemption scheme has expired already.But this might be yet another deal , maybe provided by retailer.For extended warranty you dont always have to send everything directly to HP.That was for deals like the 'redemption offer'.If your retailer promises to take care of it no probs go with it. After all its the authorized HP retailer.And the deal is definitely good.Although they are taking not just 700 but some 1700+ most likely for it.(Lappy costs around 31k-31.2k actually in retails).But still its a good deal.Because anyway the extended warranty would cost you 4000+.

After reading all the reviews especially great reviews from Games Goblin and akbsol I am inclined to buy this laptop. I hope i will have good experience with it like others.

Anybody has played max payne 3 on this yet?
Dont worry this is a good deal anyway.Regarding the Max Payne 3.I tried playing with the maximum graphics settings, but there was lag.Then i went to medium and its good.But i was in a hurry to just check whether its working or not.So cant give you a detailed explanation now.Will post later. :)

Last edited:

hellscream666

Broken In

Although it would not win any beauty contests, I believe this is one solid looking machine. Not too trendy, just plain and powerful :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Yea even i wish i could tell you..But my cooling pad( the piece i received) was a defective one.:| Its sent for replacement.Once i receive (most probably today or tomorrow) i shall test and tell you the difference..Like you said i too am satisfied with the lap's cooling.Esp the chassis stays cool even if there's a lot heat generated (even you feel it through the exhaust).Esp when i keep my palms on the sides of the touch pad and type, i am impressed.( here i am comparing it with my previous Vaio).
My intentions why i went for the cooling pad was i needed a cooler + a good stand and the HP heating issues and the larger fan of this model help me made my decision.My lap cooler model is this
As i can tell you definitely a good cooler is a worth asset.It can drop temperatures between 4-7 degree C.It might not look a big difference in short term.But in the long run it definitely adds up to the longevity and the stability of the machine( esp if you are a gamer).
I previously had the predecessor of this cooling pad (this one).As i can say there was a temperature drop in my previous lap when gaming esp.Like i told only in the long run can you know how it adds-up to the longevity and how worth the investment is. :)
When i get mine replaced i will test and tell you the difference on our specific lappy.

thanks bro my friend got a chinese cooling stand/pad
identical to this one . exact copy paste of this one

Cooler Master Notepal ErgoStand Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

he tested on his inspiron 15 r core i5 , gt 525 m

on idle his temps dropped only 3 degree

should i get this one though it is an awesome product as a stand

he got it for Rs 320

the thing is my budget is only rs 800 and i am getting a similar cooling pad which cooler master gives for rs 2200 just without the warranty of course with some cheap quality

Why does this laptop look so ugly?
what are you saying bro ...
the best thing that i like about this laptop is its looks . it puts shame on my friends inspiron 15 r worth 46000 rs
though from front it is simple black which i find attractive and classy though it is different for diff people

but from inside it steals the show . it has the same looks of dv6 series.

look at the video

HP Pavilion g6 2000 series - YouTube

if you ask me the cons of this lappy they would be

cheap plastic at the base of the lappy compared to inspiron 15 r
and average overall build quality

but you really cannot complain at the price

and

there is NO Heating issue in this laptop
infact this is a very cool laptop if the vents are open

in an a/c room idle temps were

inspiron 15r - 43 c
hp g6 2005ax - 36c

his inspiron was as good as new one as his heat sink and the whole internals were replaced with new ones just 2 days ago

the thing is that when the vents get blocked the heat gets trapped and it makes the laptop hot .

and while charging the battery heats up

anoopjylive

Broken In

thanks bro my friend got a chinese cooling stand/pad
identical to this one . exact copy paste of this one

Cooler Master Notepal ErgoStand Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

he tested on his inspiron 15 r core i5 , gt 525 m

on idle his temps dropped only 3 degree

should i get this one though it is an awesome product as a stand

he got it for Rs 320

the thing is my budget is only rs 800 and i am getting a similar cooling pad which cooler master gives for rs 2200 just without the warranty of course with some cheap quality

If your friend gets a drop of 3 degrees on idle i think its pretty good.Here the results are what matters.Do test it under extreme loads and heavy games for a coupla hours (with the cooling pad and without).If you get some pretty results you are good to go..

Shoaibq

Broken In

Dont worry this is a good deal anyway.Regarding the Max Payne 3.I tried playing with the maximum graphics settings, but there was lag.Then i went to medium and its good.But i was in a hurry to just check whether its working or not.So cant give you a detailed explanation now.Will post later. :)

Thanks bro. WIll wait for ur detailed explnation n some screenshots of the game if possible :razz:

Can the owners of this machine pls help me out with a few noob questions.

As i understand there is one usb 2.0 port and two usb 3.0 ports

My questions are

• If i use any decent exteranl usb keyboard and mouse for gaming(which will be usb 2.0 i guess). How can i connect them? Will they work with 3.0 ports too?
  • If i use any usb dongle for net like photon+. Will it work with 3.0 port?

Someone help me with this pls
Thanks

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^^ yes.

USB Ports are backward and forward compatible everywhere. 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0.

It is best to google such queries imo. :) Answers are quick.

Shoaibq

Broken In

Thanks ico :)

Why give different names? They should give same names n avoid the confusion altogether.:p

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ google about USB 3.0 and read.

BINGO !!!
HP Branded Backpack, Coolermaster cooling pad & card reader worth Rs.2150 & 2 Years Warranty ( 1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Onsite Extended Warranty)

:grin:

rish1

Cyborg Agent

@Sam great offer
since the warranty given by flipkart is not a redemption offer can i also purchase this 1 year warranty ?

though i have claimed 1 year warranty for rs 1133..
Would be awesome if i can get 1 year more warranty...

aakash , gg bro can you confirm ?

akbsol

Broken In

@Sam great offer
since the warranty given by flipkart is not a redemption offer can i also purchase this 1 year warranty ?

though i have claimed 1 year warranty for rs 1133..
Would be awesome if i can get 1 year more warranty...

aakash , gg bro can you confirm ?

I am not sure whether this is 2 years additional warranty or 2 years total warranty. Sam can you please clarify?

Ok read it more carefully :) Its 1 year standard plus 1 yr extended. Same as the redemption offer.

Both are same things Rish.. FK can prefer to call it something different but its the same offering just bundled with the product (which is nice). User won't have to go through the hassles of sending cheque, waiting etc etc. FK is charging 33390 now. So assuming the cooling pad is worth Rs.500 + Rs. 1133 for extra warranty, you are getting the laptop delivered at his home for rs. 31757. Not bad..

rish1

Cyborg Agent

aakash bro i think this is different as the warranty in the redemption offer is offsite warranty..
And this is onsite .
Secondly some other guy posted in other thread that his local hp authorised dealer was giving 1 year warranty for rs 700 with this laptop.
I didnt believe it at first but after seeing this i believe him now.

anyway the point is if this is not a redemption offer. We can also avail the warranty for rs 700. And if that happens
we will have 3 year warranty
1st year - accidental
2nd year - offsite
3rd year - onsite

just hope they have not disqualified us for this offer.

and by the way did you get your carepack from hp ?

Top Bottom