HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

hi guys so finally i booked my lappy today..
this is how it went

first i called up the guy who quoted the price as 31 k without bag. I was disappointed he was not giving a sealed product

then i took my father and went to the market..
First i went to HP WORLD the guy quoted the price as 33k with set of 10 accesories . He told us without that it will be for 32k. Tried hard to bargain but with no success.
Then we went to another HP WORLD which was bigger.
He quoted the price as 32k with backpack and 31.5k without backpack . Tried hard to bring him down .
Then after some push he agreed to give it for 31.5k with bag and showed us the backpack it was a cheap product very basic and then he showed us another one which was of good quality .

the guy was friendly though , i know i paid a bit extra
but we were sold on two lines,

1) sealed pack , buying frm exclusive showroom 100 % authentic

2) the billing would be made directly from the company

so finally closed the deal for 31700 with that good quality backpack .

considering akbsol got for 31.3k with bag from nehru place wholesale market. I knew i wont get it for less than 31.5 k here . I stay in ncr (ghaziabad) and it costs 150 rs to travell from here to there and back.
didn't wanted that trouble. So prices are higher here.
I still paid 200 bucks extra but then there is peace of mind of buying first lappy from exclusive showroom with bill from company .

paid half the amount to him . Banks were closed today so decided to pay rest tmrw and will pick up the product tmrw.

Now 1133 rupees will go to 1 year warranty
and 180 for lamination

so for 33k with 1 year additional waranty with lamination .

Deal closed..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ why lamination?

rish1

Cyborg Agent

^^ yeah finger print magnet

magnet

Youngling

By the way dont they do extended warranty stuff at hp world itself or one has to buy that online?

akbsol

Broken In

^^ can't those utilities be downloaded from HP website and neither of your (akbsol & GG) laptop came with any kind of disc?

They are available on the HP website and I was unnecessarily downloading them. All of the setups of utilities and drivers are already present in C:\SwSetup folder. So in case you need to replace or install another windows just find all the required software there. There was no CD in the box. I confirmed this from GG also.

hi guys so finally i booked my lappy today..
this is how it went

first i called up the guy who quoted the price as 31 k without bag. I was disappointed he was not giving a sealed product

then i took my father and went to the market..
First i went to HP WORLD the guy quoted the price as 33k with set of 10 accesories . He told us without that it will be for 32k. Tried hard to bargain but with no success.
Then we went to another HP WORLD which was bigger.
He quoted the price as 32k with backpack and 31.5k without backpack . Tried hard to bring him down .
Then after some push he agreed to give it for 31.5k with bag and showed us the backpack it was a cheap product very basic and then he showed us another one which was of good quality .

the guy was friendly though , i know i paid a bit extra
but we were sold on two lines,

1) sealed pack , buying frm exclusive showroom 100 % authentic

2) the billing would be made directly from the company

so finally closed the deal for 31700 with that good quality backpack .

considering akbsol got for 31.3k with bag from nehru place wholesale market. I knew i wont get it for less than 31.5 k here . I stay in ncr (ghaziabad) and it costs 150 rs to travell from here to there and back.
didn't wanted that trouble. So prices are higher here.
I still paid 200 bucks extra but then there is peace of mind of buying first lappy from exclusive showroom with bill from company .

paid half the amount to him . Banks were closed today so decided to pay rest tmrw and will pick up the product tmrw.

Now 1133 rupees will go to 1 year warranty
and 180 for lamination

so for 33k with 1 year additional waranty with lamination .

Deal closed..

Congrats dude. HP stores in NP weren't willing to go below 32.5 for me that day so considering it, you made a good deal :)

BTW wouldn't lamination kill looks of it?

rish1

Cyborg Agent

thanks going to pick up the lappy now..

yeah definetly there will be impact on the looks a bit but i have seen laminated lappies . If properly done its sometimes hard to make out . Maybe it will stand out a bit on this lappy . I'll let you know.
But it is 10 times better than cleaning those finger print marks..
By the way what all registrations need to be made
1) windows
2) normal warranty
3) additional warranty

akbsol

Broken In

thanks going to pick up the lappy now..

yeah definetly there will be impact on the looks a bit but i have seen laminated lappies . If properly done its sometimes hard to make out . Maybe it will stand out a bit on this lappy . I'll let you know.
But it is 10 times better than cleaning those finger print marks..
By the way what all registrations need to be made
1) windows
2) normal warranty
3) additional warranty

Dude please do ask the store people which barcode sticker we have to send to that warranty offer address. The box has 3 stickers bearing bar codes and its not clearly mentioned on the extended warranty offer website, which one of these needs to be sent.

Windows comes pre-activated. No registration required.

Normal warranty in India on all products is mostly by bill only. So I don't think any registration is necessary. Still registering your product on HP site won't do any harm :)

Extended warranty offer need registration and a process to be followed as you already know.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

got the lappy
awesome feel

i asked the guy about warranty . He said it is a redemption offer we do not sell tha He told me to visit that address and check out fill form , send
documents .
i guess he too didnt knew about it..cant blame them as they dont deal that.

now have to concentrate on exams will open it on 21st now

by the way which backpack you got i got hp pavilion sport backpack.

i hope i got the right one..

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

congrats. looks like everyone is getting a piece of the Trinity pie ;)

rish1

Cyborg Agent

thanks sam..
You are up next ..
Come join the party...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think I'll be the next.

I want a 14" Ultrathin with A10-4655M. I'll buy a SSD if not there.

No discrete graphics.

Won't mind paying 40-45K.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

thanks sam..
You are up next ..
Come join the party...

don't know if i'll be next or not but surely get one before the month ends.

I want a 14" Ultrathin with A10-4655M. I'll buy a SSD if not there.

If Sleekbook launches within 35k will go for that instead. BTW haven't heard of any ultrathin with 14" screen with A10.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

yea. Someone should launch a 14" ultrathin with A10-4655M. :( That's my dream machine.

Games Goblin

Journeyman

Guys,

I have a doubt regarding the extended warranty purchase. I posted the query in my review thread - your inputs will be very helpful for me. Thanks

akbsol

Broken In

Guys,

I have a doubt regarding the extended warranty purchase. I posted the query in my review thread - your inputs will be very helpful for me. Thanks

Hi GG,

Purchasing extended warranty normally from HP which costs ~ Rs. 3000 for a year and purchasing under this offer are two different things. As me and you are aiming to get it under the offer for Rs. 1133:

If invoice is in your brother's name, register with his name and address only and send his docs, ID proof etc.

Your invoice date is 11th June, you MUST complete the registration by today.

You registered with your name and supplied wrong serial, thats a blessing in disguise actually.

The serial no is the 10 character alphanumeric one on black sticker as you already found out. Ref:
Interpreting an HP serial number – Viktor Balogh's HP-UX blog

Re-register today with your brother's details and this correct serial number.

I will be PMing you regarding something. Please do check it out.

-Regards,
Akash

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yea. Someone should launch a 14" ultrathin with A10-4655M. :( That's my dream machine.

i read about it yesterday and today its out of my mind. Samsung series 5. 14". A10-4655M. $749.99 is the price @ Amazon. So here it'll be 40-42k at the least.

akbsol

Broken In

by the way which backpack you got i got hp pavilion sport backpack.

Don't know its sport backpack or what but the one I got is black in color from outside and red inside.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

aakash bro tell me the barcode which you are sending will do the same .
But i think we have to cut that serial no from box and the barcode that is just above the serial no on that black slip.
Bro tell me apart from windows 7 sticker on laptop there is no other serial no sticker or serial no on laptop right ?
We only have that on the box on the black slip which we are going to give away and if it gets lost by courier there is no other way right ?

though it is printed on my invoice but still they should have mentioned it either twice on box or on laptop

Top Bottom