HP notebook strange behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
I have an HP Pavilion laptop which is behaving strangly:

Half of the time, when I turn it on it boots properly and goes to windows.
Infact on hitting the power 2nd or 3rd time it turns on.

The othr part of the time, I turn it on and this happens:
- The lights on the keyboard/front panel turn on
- Hard drive and fan turns on
- Nothing displays on the screen. The backlight doesn't even turn on.

This happens indefinately until I hit the power button again and turn it off. IT happens regardless of being on AC power or battery. but i observe ts better luck wit adpter on.

What could the problem be? I have a fair bit of diagnostic software I can run so if anyone has any recommendations for what I should use to diagnose the problem I'm all ears too.

ps for reference m pasting a speedfan reading image of my system...looks fishy...plz refer

*img528.imageshack.us/img528/6503/tempreadsk4.th.jpg

Enjoy~!

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
How old is the laptop? Try removing the battery and running it on AC directly. Or you can try to get hold of a different (working) power adapter. I think this is might be a power issue.

If you feel the laptop gets VERY hot even after a few mins of use, dissect the laptop to clean the vents and other internals.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I have an HP Pavilion laptop which is behaving strangly:

Half of the time, when I turn it on it boots properly and goes to windows.
Infact on hitting the power 2nd or 3rd time it turns on.

The othr part of the time, I turn it on and this happens:
- The lights on the keyboard/front panel turn on
- Hard drive and fan turns on
- Nothing displays on the screen. The backlight doesn't even turn on.

This happens indefinately until I hit the power button again and turn it off. IT happens regardless of being on AC power or battery. but i observe ts better luck wit adpter on.

What could the problem be? I have a fair bit of diagnostic software I can run so if anyone has any recommendations for what I should use to diagnose the problem I'm all ears too.

ps for reference m pasting a speedfan reading image of my system...looks fishy...plz refer

*img528.imageshack.us/img528/6503/tempreadsk4.th.jpg

Enjoy~!

Ouch! The GPU and Core (2) temps are burning hot! My advise to you would be to take it to an HP service center. You can also try to blow the vents and make sure you can feel the (hot) exhaust when the laptop is on. If you are comfortable in opening up your laptop then just gently blow off the dust from inside apart from making sure that the HDD and RAM are properly seated (doesn't hurt to check it even tho it may not be the case).

Since you've tried both AC as well as battery power, I don't think its an external power issue. Yes, internally there maybe a problem which the qualified professionals may be able to diagnose.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
itsa a tablet pc hence a bit complicated to open up...will try my best....don wanna take it 2 hp....some very bad exprnces wit them....any cooling solution advisable?

ps: m not sure but i just feel that air is also not blowing properly from vents...can just feel some heat near to that...

Enjoy~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom