HP Laptop destroyed by an UPDATE.. help plz

I was just surfing around when HP update said an update will be installed in 5 min..so I just let it do its thing. After 5 min a message came saying computer will be flashed and keyboard and num pad won't work. Then a countdown started' which got stuck at 59sec. Laptop fan was spinning hot ,like as if I'm playing some high end game. Windows froze..everything hanged. This went on for half n hour. I couldn't switch it off as power key didn't work...so I removed the battery

Now laptop screen is blank. Laptop can be turned on but nothing shows ..screen is completely blank.

What da fuq just happened..Did HP deliberately screw up my already good condition laptop:-( who gave them permission to flash my laptop'.If update requires a flash that could destroy a computer don't you think we shud be informed before hand

Hrishi

A BIOS upadte generally does asks for permissions .
Its a critical update which if conflicts can cause boot up issues.
There are fixes available like boot from certain type.of drives , re flash , but it depends a lot on the models and variants.

Btw , its not necessarily destroyed. Search in google for rollback the process if possible. Or post this.in HP forums.
I am sure you will get response.

Hrishi

Have you tried taking out the CMOS cell for few minutes and then putting it back in its place ?
Maybe it could help.

Hrishi

You have to pop the hood generally and under it you will find a lithium button cell battery.
Just take it out gently and after few seconds to minute , put it back in its original place.
Try to start afterwards.
That button cell will.be found.on the motherboard.

amjath

Human Spambot
@mikael_schiffer turn on ur laptop and look for capslock light blinking. You will come across continous blinking in series of 1s or 2s or 3s and so on.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
The Cell is placed deep inside the laptop,I can't get pass the stage where you have remove the keyboard to access the motherboard..
Is there alternate means

- - - Updated - - -

Caps lock doesn't blink' only WiFi orange light is on

Hrishi

Whats your laptop model number.....let me try HP forums for you.
There maybe an alternate keypress method too in certain cases for rollback.

Hrishi

Try this. Report back with results.
Restoring the BIOS | HP® Support

The zomBie mode works in most cases . Lets see whats the result in your case.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
I don't know what exactly as the product key. But I'll write all the numbers I see
From top to bottom on the back sticker

//Mod Edit - Don't post your product key publicly. It's genuine product key bro. Anyone can use that to activate their copy.

Hrishi

Did you try that test I linked earlier ?

Remove that product key immediately for your safety.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
try this-
remove battery ,charger etc and press and hold power button for 15 secs,then plug charger and boot it normally and put battery after that
this removes static charges stuck inside the lappie and will help you kickstart the lappie

itsakjt

Broken In
What is the model number of the laptop? And also it would be good to if you can tell what BIOS vendor did it had? BIOS vendors can be AMI(American Megatrends International), Award Phoenix or Insyde. I have a HP 430 laptop which has Insyde BIOS and I successfully restored the BIOS ROM in it after it crashed.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
If it is under warranty, you can contact HP. Otherwise, it may be worth getting a repair quote from HP and comparing that to the cost of repairing it or replacing it. (quoted from hp forum :p)

Support: Contact HP Support and Customer Service | HP® Support
Service Centers: Service Partners for Home and Home Office Peripherals | HP® India

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Guys, sorry if its a bump. The HP guy is asking Rs10500. Should I say yes or approach local computer wallah ,who we all know will try to cheat more,or may not...anyways it is an a8 CPU so can I ask for a better a10 CPU. In that way this will seem like an upgrade so no hard feelings and all will be there

- - - Updated - - -

The motherboard comes fixed with CPU and GPU hence the high price. So replacing motherboard will be replacing motherboard CPU and GPU and whatever item is fixed on it..

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind paying for than 10500 if they give me a10 CPU and the 8660 or 8650 GPU inbuilt

Gollum

Collector
Guys, sorry if its a bump. The HP guy is asking Rs10500. Should I say yes or approach local computer wallah ,who we all know will try to cheat more,or may not...anyways it is an a8 CPU so can I ask for a better a10 CPU. In that way this will seem like an upgrade so no hard feelings and all will be there

- - - Updated - - -

The motherboard comes fixed with CPU and GPU hence the high price. So replacing motherboard will be replacing motherboard CPU and GPU and whatever item is fixed on it..

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind paying for than 10500 if they give me a10 CPU and the 8660 or 8650 GPU inbuilt

consumer laptops cannot be upgraded with a better cpu just like that.

Top Bottom