Hp g6 2008tx

raj_5004

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, after a lot of dilly dallying, I finally bought a laptop - HP G6 2008TX. It was not a very well planned buy, rather I just went to the store and picked it.

Specs can be seen here. I had actually gone to buy a HP DV6 because I loved the way it looked.

First I went to Croma, they had only one display piece which was around 3 month old. They were selling it at a tempting price though.

Then I went to Vijay sales. What I liked there was that the sales guy was extremely knowledgeable, technically proficient and very courteous. He explained the difference between the specs and also told me why the G6 2008TX was superior and why it suited my needs more than the Lenovo G570 and Z570. He also told me that the older DV6 was discontinued (explains why Croma did not have it in stock) and the new DV6 costs well above 50k...

Anyways, the new G6 comes with a Num pad (which I needed). It was launched in March 2012 as per him. I paid Rs. 39900/- for it. Yes, I got no discounts. I dont know how worth it is, would ask the opinions of the dear members on it...

Freebies I got :

1) A superb HP branded back pack (its really awesome)
2) An MP3 player
3) A kit of 10 accessories (multiple socket, USB fan, USB LED Light, USB hub, mouse, cleaning kit, USB vacuum cleaner, mouse pad, headset and card reader)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You got a good laptop , but the deal was not good TBH. I guess the total worth of your freebies are 3k. Still another 2k was expected.

OP
R

raj_5004

You got a good laptop , but the deal was not good TBH. I guess the total worth of your freebies are 3k. Still another 2k was expected.

Thanks for replying buddy. That means I could have got this same package for 37k...

Being a noob in all these, is this laptop good enough?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
HP Pavilion g6-2008TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook looking at flipkart's price, you got it for good price ;)

i personally had very good experience with vijay sales, they have really good pricing on products, but i think you would have got it 1-1.5k cheaper with local dealers, anyways congrats for the purchase :)

do post pics of the laptop and its performance, esp. regarding games because it has 7670m graphic card, and people here wants to know how it performs :)

OP
R

raj_5004

do post pics of the laptop and its performance, esp. regarding games because it has 7670m graphic card, and people here wants to know how it performs :)

thanks bro. I got a deal of around Rs. 1000 cheaper but without the freebies - that is MP3 player and 10 laptop accessories. so I thought the deal from Vijay Sales makes more sense as the MP3 player and accessories would cost ATLEAST 2k.

Regarding performance, for sure I'll update this thread. As I said, I am a noob in all this but for starters, I feel the lappy is pretty fast and the screen resolution seems great.

What I dont like is that the num lock does not have a LED indicator to show whether its On or Off.

Best part about the lappy I feel is it's speakers. they are damn loud for a laptop. I really like the Altec Lansing speakers, good enough to watch movies and videos.

I have not yet loaded the lappy with any games. I will install GTA4 in a day or two and then comment about the performance of its graphic cards.

Thank You!

Top Bottom