HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition Series Thread

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
And above them all,lies the Elitebook in the quality order!!!

Man,I'm just awestruck at the Envy's beauty...!!As soon as HP India launches it,My dv6 is up for sale!!!

However I've a strong feeling that HP will price it near 70k atleast....Anything near 55 or 60k for this configuration, it will kill dv6's, m6 & high end g6's for sure! !

No idea about elitebook bro. I never used or take demo ever. So no idea about it's class. This envy 15 is totally premium build as we can see. It comes with 65W adapter. Do you think it's fair enough to these low power consumping Haswell processors? And what about the battery life bro. Hp website is showing that it will lasts for 9hrs 45min. :shock:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
HP's current line up of 50k+ laptops are just over priced........For ~45k, HP gives one of best available config.
If HP launches it in India for ~60k (+5k) , it will be a great competitor to new Y500 & S05IN. GT740M ~ GT 650M (650M is a bit better though)

Yea these 2012 dv6 lineup were quite overpriced here in India. So expensive with GT 630M. There was no option with GT 650M like in US and other countries. Soon this Envy 15 will get an option with GT 750M too there. In India we can't say what configuration will out. :?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
HP's current line up of 50k+ laptops are just over priced........For ~45k, HP gives one of best available config.
If HP launches it in India for ~60k (+5k) , it will be a great competitor to new Y500 & S05IN. GT740M ~ GT 650M (650M is a bit better though)

I agree,HP's below 45k range is absolute VFM!!However,thanks to Lenovo and Samsung,overpriced dv6's and m6's will not cut the mustard anymore.

don't sweat it. even elitebooks have black sheep[8440p] and elitebooks are Business class notebooks, not available to the consumer from retail stores.

You may be knowing better bro,as you are associated with HP.For me,I had experienced Elitebook once as my father got some 85XX model from office.
However,they do give excellent customisable options for their business class laptops,and should give a similar treatment for consumer laptops as well.

I think hp is not gonna launch new pavilion dv6 lineup this year. Because as per the US price these Envy models are priced like previous dv6. This is never ever happened. Hp might launch a more premium laptop in higher range, competitive to new premium Dell XPS lineup. Hence this laptop will cost 60-65k in India whenever it gets launch. :)

On the other hand,what I've come to know from my cousin brother who works for HP is that following will be the approximate price ranges
1.m6-50-60k
2.dv6-65 and above.
All these laptops will sport good gaming processors(unlike 7670m/gt630m).
I seriously hope they launch ENvy 15 here.....Maybe Gollum will be able to present a better picture.

No idea about elitebook bro. I never used or take demo ever. So no idea about it's class. This envy 15 is totally premium build as we can see. It comes with 65W adapter. Do you think it's fair enough to these low power consumping Haswell processors? And what about the battery life bro. Hp website is showing that it will lasts for 9hrs 45min. :shock:

I think 65W adapters will be for the base model,with no discrete graphics.

Yea these 2012 dv6 lineup were quite overpriced here in India. So expensive with GT 630M. There was no option with GT 650M like in US and other countries. Soon this Envy 15 will get an option with GT 750M too there. In India we can't say what configuration will out. :?

I'm sure atleast for one thing that GT750 will not be launched here in India.
Though,I would love to be proved wrong and forced to eat my words!!! :-D

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Btw, I didn't understand the "1TB 5400RPM Hybrid Hard Drive"... Whats that mean??? :-?

Hybrid drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the other hand,what I've come to know from my cousin brother who works for HP is that following will be the approximate price ranges
1.m6-50-60k
2.dv6-65 and above.
All these laptops will sport good gaming processors(unlike 7670m/gt630m).
I seriously hope they launch ENvy 15 here.....Maybe Gollum will be able to present a better picture.

I think 65W adapters will be for the base model,with no discrete graphics.

I'm sure atleast for one thing that GT750 will not be launched here in India.
Though,I would love to be proved wrong and forced to eat my words!!! :-D

Well I'm talking about the upcoming generation of 2013-14 where I see this Envy 15 in the price range of 3rd gen hp dv6 2012.
Well GT 750M will definitely come there, may come here this time because it was just year when hp didn't launch the laptop with high end mobile GPU.

There is two other models are available of this Envy 15:
First that one costs $819.99
-
* 3rd gen core i5 3230M Processor
* 8GB DDR3 RAM
* GT 740M 2GB DDR5
* 1080p screen and backlit keyboard
* 750GB 5400rpm HDD

other with AMD engine that costs $689.99 -
* AMD Quad-Core A8-5550M Accelerated Processor / AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor ($769.99)
* 8GB DDR3 RAM
* AMD Radeon HD 8750M + HD 8000 Series Dual Graphics
* 1080p screen and backlit keyboard
* 750GB 5400rpm HDD

And rest everything is same as of above Haswell core i7.

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
LOL yeah.

What do you think about this AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 8750M + HD 8000 Series Dual Graphics. It will cost approx 40k if I buy from US. How will be the overall performance?

rest other specs are same.. 1080p screen and backlit keyboard etc

pratyush997

Inactive
What do you think about this AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 8750M + HD 8000 Series Dual Graphics. It will cost approx 40k if I buy from US. How will be the overall performance?

rest other specs are same.. 1080p screen and backlit keyboard etc
Seems good but what about warranty? Doesn HP provides international warranty

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Seems good but what about warranty? Doesn HP provides international warranty

I don't care about warranty much. Do you think a laptop gets any hardware issue in a year? I can arrange a service engineer for cleaning and all.
Although I will get to know about international warranty.

Tell me how will the gaming performance of AMD laptop in comparison to GT 740M?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^ About performance, didn't see any benchmarks of both of these till now :/
Ask SAM about it.

*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A10-5750M-Notebook-Processor.92882.0.html According to this review it is in the class of 2nd gen core i3. :p

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Tell me how will the gaming performance of AMD laptop in comparison to GT 740M?

Nvidia is again tinkering with the GPU. 740M comes in 2 variants and performance will be 10% below 650M at best. this doesn't look good from a gaming point of view as the performance may end up being same as 640M for the slow chip and 645M for the faster one.

as for the AMD laptop, Full HD screen may just be a bit too much for the A8. 8750M + 8650G (A10) should have no problem taking on GT740, in dualGPU optimized games. 8750M itself is close to 730M so another 30% boost from the inbuilt GPU and we'll have a winner. only concern, dualGPU is still being ignored by AMD. i have been following the changes in AMD catalyst driver and still there is no major change for dualGPU. they are more interested in the highend GPU parts.

PS: AFAIK envy series was never meant for gaming. so won't be surprised if HP decided to go with the slow 740M GPU.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@rider
If you are going to buy the laptop from US, how would you buy it???
I mean, would you be using an online site like "ibhejo.com" or "iShopInternational.com"???:-?

I want this laptop with 1080P resolution but unfortunately indian market never considered full HD resolution seriously. The HP Customer Care said that for 1080P they only have elitebooks. Envy was never considered in india

Top Bottom