Hows Nikon L25 digi cam with 720p Vid Rec @ Rs.3800

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys, i want expert suggestion buying digital camera for my GF. I'm getting Nikon L25 @ Rs.3800 after applying Rs.1000 discount code. I loved its spec. specially 720p Video Rec, but it has AA size battery. Now plz reply soon..... I'm waiting for ur reply....

*snapsort.com/img/cam/nikon-l25/nikon-l25_angle_medium.jpg

*euroset.ru/upload/iblock/bf9/nikon-coolpix-l25-red-2.jpg

*www.digitalsmania.com/lelong/L25/5.jpg

*cdn-4.nikon-cdn.com/en_INC/o/46SV6WZBUxf_tDzM3A_9kafm3uE/Views/32139_L25_back.png?targetMedia=/en_INC/o/46SV6WZBUxf_tDzM3A_9kafm3uE/Views/353_32139_L25_back.png

*humortechblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/img_01-2.png

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Re: ►► Hows Nikon L25 digi cam with 720p Vid Rec @ Rs.3800

Its a fine camera ....I would like to see the offer u r getting coz if u r not getting rechargable cell and charger in the offer then u have to spend 1k more on those

Nikon Coolpix L25 Point & Shoot: 10.1 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

Dont expect too much from it...its ok for its price

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Its a fine camera ....I would like to see the offer u r getting coz if u r not getting rechargable cell and charger in the offer then u have to spend 1k more on those

Nikon Coolpix L25 Point & Shoot: 10.1 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

I'm getting on HS18.com with free 4GB card+charger+batteries+case @ Rs.3800
Now tell me, is this good? If not please suggest me any other camera with HD vid recording Budget: Rs. 4500 :-D :p

Just now i compared it with Canon A1200, but i didnt like canon body.

nikon Coolpix L25 vs canon PowerShot A1200 Specs

plz reply.

sujoyp

Grand Master

U can consider panasonic LS5 ....its specs look slightly better like better aperture, optical image stabilization which r actually needed in taking pics ;) rather than 3" touch screen

panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5 vs nikon Coolpix L25 Specs

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

U can consider panasonic LS5 ....its specs look slightly better like better aperture, optical image stabilization which r actually needed in taking pics ;) rather than 3" touch screen

panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5 vs nikon Coolpix L25 Specs

finally i ordered L25.

Can u tell me 1 thing, which vid recording is best? 24fps or 30fps ? if 24FPS is ur answer, plz clarify this. I bought this cam coz i thought 30fps would be better.

sujoyp

Grand Master

definitely 30fps is better...and I feel that 24fps looks slightly jerkey ....but I always heard that pro videographers use 24fps ..

U made the right decision :D I hope ur gf will love the touchscreen wala camera :D

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

definitely 30fps is better...and I feel that 24fps looks slightly jerkey ....but I always heard that pro videographers use 24fps ..

U made the right decision :D I hope ur gf will love the touchscreen wala camera :D

he he, saste me nipat gya with free 4Gb card, actually L25 has big display compare to other camera, and smaller in body. And this camera released in FEB.2012

now suggest me a extra pair of cheap and best rechargeable battery that can take atleast 200 shots. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master

just get uniross rechargable cells ...a pair cost around RS.200 ...it will be fine

If u want a better one then get enloop cells which can keep charge for a longer time

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

just get uniross rechargable cells ...a pair cost around RS.200 ...it will be fine

If u want a better one then get enloop cells which can keep charge for a longer time

Thank u so much..!!! :)

sujoyp

Grand Master

BTW this cam looks superb and small ....

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

BTW this cam looks superb and small ....

Got this digicam today, but i'm not happy with image quality. (lil grain on image after maximizing on PC). and there is no touch screen :(

But received free goodies: Rechargeable batteries 2100 mAh with charger CAMLIN brand. Carry case, 4 GB card, and extra alkaline batteries.

And There is no settings for manual mode. Everything is preset in scene mode. There are 4 modes:
1) Auto mode
2) easy auto mode
3) smart portrait
4) scene mode

====
I'm giving camera to my GF, so guys suggest me any other digi camera for myself. Budget upto Rs.6k (so i can buy from HS18.com with Rs.1000 discount) :)

sujoyp

Grand Master

I thought that it have a touch screen :( ....and its ok that it dont have a manual mode...its a simple cam afterall...

for you I will suggest later ;)

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

I thought that it have a touch screen :( ....and its ok that it dont have a manual mode...its a simple cam afterall...

for you I will suggest later ;)

plz suggest me before 31st march else i'll loose Rs.1000 extra discount on HS18.com :(

My previous camera has better image quality than this L25. My old camera is Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-S750 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S750

nac

Aspiring Novelist

Canon 3200 IS
Canon 3300 IS
Panasonic FH2
Panasonic FH3
Panasonic S1
Panasonic S3

Read reviews of these, and pick whichever fits your budget. I think few of these go beyond your budget. I narrowed down these because of IS, if you are OK with no IS you will have some other choices of cameras to pick.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

thanks man, i'll check now. By d what is IS ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist

IS means Image Stabilization. It helps to reduce blur while taking photos and videos (like vibration/shake).

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Canon 3200 IS
Canon 3300 IS
Panasonic FH2
Panasonic FH3
Panasonic S1
Panasonic S3

Read reviews of these, and pick whichever fits your budget. I think few of these go beyond your budget. I narrowed down these because of IS, if you are OK with no IS you will have some other choices of cameras to pick.

The models u've suggested are costly, hows this model: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP3 14 MP, 4x Optical Zoom

*www.ebay.in/itm/Panasonic-DMC-FP3-...6?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item1e6ca7e674

nac

Aspiring Novelist

Nope, it has smaller aperture. I don't prefer touch screen... I highly doubt how good the touch screen interface in this price range. And reviews are not good...

We better narrow down like this... You want to buy a camera with the budget of Rs. 6000/- from HS18. And you want buy it before March 31st so that you can use 1000/- coupon. Now we look for in-stock cameras from HS18. And pick the best out of it, right? Now tell us this budget is after using coupon or before using the coupon.

Between 4990-6990, I see 19 cameras excluding Casio, Fuji and Kodak.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Nope, it has smaller aperture. I don't prefer touch screen... I highly doubt how good the touch screen interface in this price range. And reviews are not good...

We better narrow down like this... You want to buy a camera with the budget of Rs. 6000/- from HS18. And you want buy it before March 31st so that you can use 1000/- coupon. Now we look for in-stock cameras from HS18. And pick the best out of it, right? Now tell us this budget is after using coupon or before using the coupon.

Between 4990-6990, I see 19 cameras excluding Casio, Fuji and Kodak.

Sir,
U r so nice. :) :oops: But now hell with hs18.com and discount.:-x Today i got proper time to test Nikon L25 and I'm totally disappointed with its image quality, i tried almost all scene like Portrait, Night Portrait etc and image quality is not good compare to my old Sony DSC-750 (2008 model 7MP). In SONY i can set ISO, METERING, FOCUS (0.5m, 1m, 2m, Infinity). But Nikon L25 has nothing to set, even its focus is also bad. I'm not professional in photography, m just a student but never knew that small things also matter while buying DigiCam.

Now my mind is changed, and suggest me any camera that has all above settings like my old SONY DSC-750 has. I'm not interested in looks, touchscreen. Only image quality matters.

If possible search any cam with AA or AAA size battery, because these are cheap & easily available. Now I'm ready to extend my budget upto Rs.7k-8k.

nac

Aspiring Novelist

It sounds like Sony DSC 750 have manual focus. If that's the case, I don't think there are cameras with manual focus in this budget other than Casio ZS5 (I just looked this one at HS18). Casio does have very few service centers in India (Four metros and Hydrebad, Bangalore, Pune and Kochi). SX150 is the closest to your budget I can think of. Little above 9k, with coupon it could come around 8xxx and it uses AA size batteries. It has full manual control, you can learn photography with this cam but its little bulky. Another choice is Nikon S6200 comes around 10k.

I really don't know any cameras with manual focus in this budget. If someone knows, they will drop the model no. here. If I come to know about any, I will let you know.

Top Bottom