How Will Back-up Site , Back-up Their Files?

DO U USE ONLINE BACK-UP FACILITY?

• YES

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • NEVER HEARED OF IT!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerthivasan

very very STUPID
How Will The Back-up Site , Back-up Their Files..?

And What Special Features They Include To Protect The Files.?

What Will Happen If A Bomb Is Dropped In The Physical Location Of The Site?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
kerthivasan said:
How Will The Back-up Site , Back-up Their Files..?

And What Special Features They Include To Protect The Files.?

What Will Happen If A Bomb Is Dropped In The Physical Location Of The Site?

You can backup from Web Hosting Control Panel. I am not sure which host you are talking about and what control panel they offer...to guide you exactly on doing this.

But if its cPanel or say DirectAdmin.....there will be a "BACKUP and Restore" Feature in the Control Panel.

Special Features for protection.....hmm cPanel is commercial hosting control panel and it is updated regularly. Again....it depends upon hosts how often they update the Control Panels, Kernel, Firewalls etc :)

BOMB - eh ? LOL. Diwali abhi door hain :lol:

Nah, Depends upon the hosts.....what backup ways they use. If they backup to some other servers in another DC....where the BOMB is FUSSSSSSS you might get lucky ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
sukhdeepsinghkohli!! You think too much about hosting. Just relax and take a few deep breaths. :)) He is not asking about hosting control panel backup features. He is asking about sites that offer online storage.

All decent online file storage sites have a RAID. What type of RAID they use depends on the requirement. I think they would at least use RAID10.

If it is a paid service, expect co-location! Physically, two or more servers would be at different places. They would have their data synchronisation policies and time.

However, I have no personal experience of online storage, never done it for a price. Used some free stuff a couple of times for a short duration. You will have to check each provider for their data protection policy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom