How truecaller gets mobile number details?

$hadow

Geek in making
^and the app still installs... also there is granular control, you can pick and choose which permissions to give, instead of yes to all or no to all
donno why Google hasn't figured this out yet

And I want this feature to become as default but they will never do it rather they are very soon going to show add on performing search in google play.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
And I want this feature to become as default but they will never do it rather they are very soon going to show add on performing search in google play.

yeah even BB10 has these options for .apk installs as well
strange that android lacks such options whereas BB10 offers them for the very apps

$hadow

Geek in making
strange that android lacks such options whereas BB10 offers them for the very apps

Somewhere android is tech leading but on many main aspects it is still ages behind.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman

The only reason for that is android is free and mostly open source and BB is not. The revenue is earned by both in a very different way. While providing adds according to your particular taste etc is what google does.

Blackberry OS is proprietary and app makers dont have the freedom to put all kinds of crapware aaps and adds that easily. As BB doesn't make money like that.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The only reason for that is android is free and mostly open source and BB is not. The revenue is earned by both in a very different way. While providing adds according to your particular taste etc is what google does.

Blackberry OS is proprietary and app makers dont have the freedom to put all kinds of crapware aaps and adds that easily. As BB doesn't make money like that.

still its all very strange

even windows phone has joined the same league and now offers app permissions
Hands on with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 - WMPoweruser

$hadow

Geek in making
still its all very strange

even windows phone has joined the same league and now offers app permissions
Hands on with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 - WMPoweruser

They have to do it. All they want is more devs coming to their side. But yeah don't know how will the consumer take this.

$hadow

Geek in making
going by the number of microsoft items on the news,i think they will succeed

They are certainly advancing a lot faster but still lacking in the certain key areas. They have a comparatively small user base they have to push update more faster.

BryanM35

Broken In
I really appreciate true caller's features it help to finds contact details globally given name or telephone number, and has an integrated caller ID service to achieve call-blocking functionality and social media integration to keep the phone book up-to-date with pictures and birthdays.

A

amit.tiger12

thread served it's purpose, please close this one. :)
mods :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
thread served it's purpose, please close this one. :)
mods :)
Don't close it yet.

But how does truecaller gets FB profile pics ?
I don't have Truecaller installed and called my friend who has TrueCaller installed.

at first truecaller was not showing any ID and only the default name of mine (saved in his contact list) was shown.
then I told him to delete my contact and I called again.

and to my surprise True Caller showed my full name along with FB profile photo..Damn :banghead:

Mr.Reese

Broken In
Don't close it yet.

But how does truecaller gets FB profile pics ?
I don't have Truecaller installed and called my friend who has TrueCaller installed.

at first truecaller was not showing any ID and only the default name of mine (saved in his contact list) was shown.
then I told him to delete my contact and I called again.

and to my surprise True Caller showed my full name along with FB profile photo..Damn :banghead:

Unlist | Truecaller

vikas tanwar

Broken In
Well it's idea is very simple, it filters your contact rundown and afterward includes all numbers in your contact rundown to it's online database, along these lines it becomes acquainted with of bunches of numbers from less individuals and when somebody calls a number not in his/her smartphone list truecaller matches that number in it's online db and if discovered shows fundamental points of interest ! quite basic

Top Bottom