How to use USB 3.0 Port

ok, I am a noob. :-?

I've got 2 USB 3.0 ports backside to my CPU.
I connected my ext. HDD but copying speed is same as other ports.

What is the advantage of usb 3.0 port ? and how to use it.?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
First tell us whether your external hdd is usb3.0 or usb2.0.
Difference between usb2.0 and usb3.0 file transfer rate can only be felt if a device equipped with usb3.0 interface is used with a usb3.0 port for file transfers.
If you use a usb2.0 device with a usb3.0 port then you won't get higher speeds i.e. you would get same speed as you would have got with a usb2.0 port.

OP
M

martin.stallone

Broken In
its usb 2.0

But i heard somewhere that we can get same speed using some kind of connectors. Is it true?

off topic question

how to write that signature line in our posts ?
I saw many of users have those and they show their things there. so How ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ No. Its not true.

And btw, to set your signature goto your UserCP page and click Edit Signature. Here's the direct link:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
connectors can't make a USB 2.0 drive become 3.0. to get USB 3.0 speed you need a drive with USB 3.0 interface.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@martin.stallone
Maybe you are referring to something like seagate goflex hdds which have a universal SATA slot and a plugin interface tip.
This interface tip can be firewire,esata,usb2.0,usb3.0,thunderbolt.Suppose one got that particualr hdd with usb2.0 interface and wants to upgrade/switch to another interface like usb3.0 or firewire he can simply purcahse the adapter/cable with the particular interface tip and swap it.

*i.imgur.com/PhSmI.jpg?1 *i.imgur.com/FXi0a.jpg?1

Unless your device is something like seagate goflex which has a universal SATA slot,usb3.0 speeds is not possible with that drive.

Top Bottom